mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Do you shop online and where?

Hi everyone.

Do you recommend any online stores here in the UK or even in the US / New Zealand where i can purchase MTB spares.....i am looking in particular for some forks.

And maybe tell me your experiences shopping online woulde be cool.

Thanks

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    I have only used pricepoint.com and I couldn't be happier. I received a set of tires last week and took them out for a spin. I removed them afterwards because rain set in and installed my all around tires. When I went to install the tire again I noticed it was mismade, but I didn't think I would be able to return it. I contacted pricepoint and e-mailed within two days and said they would exhange the tire. The tire is now on its way back. It really surprised me because I thought they would have said it was an error on my part even though the threads weren't cut. I can't comment on the other online stores though.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

Tulsa
    Sadly my lbs's don't care to deal with 29er stuff much

so
    Tree Fort Bikes
    Blue Sky
    Jenson
    Cambria
    Web Cyclery
    Cane Creek
    Peter White
    Pricepoint

are a few places i've purchased bike goodies from in addition to lbs, some are faster than others, they all came through though

Aquaman
    Last time I went to buy some revolution spokes and Mavic 717. I went to 7 local LBS. I got no, no, no, no, no, no, and nope thats a high end part we can order it and it will be here in 5-7 days. So I mainly shop at

CRC for unbeatable shimano prices >$300= free shipping
    Price point: is very good
    Universal: Is great for those high end items that never seem to be on sale. >$300= 15% off

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by paul24dual
    Hi everyone.

Do you recommend any online stores here in the UK or even in the US / New Zealand where i can purchase MTB spares.....i am looking in particular for some forks.

And maybe tell me your experiences shopping online woulde be cool.

Thanks

uk- chain reaction cycles (i have no experience with, i just know they're in the uk and have a ton of stuff)

as for what i use- price point and jensen usa

mtbr member
    Universalcycles, Bicycle Wheel Warehouse , and Wheelworld have all been good to me.
    NO SHIRT
    NO SHOES
    NO DICE

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I am on the other side of the pond, so VAT may be a deal breaker for some of the shops. USA gets a break from VAT so UK/Euro shops often offer great deals.

In the UK, my most frequented shop right now is Probikekit.com - absolutely killer deals on tires and they ship free and quick to the US.

Others from the UK I would recommend:
    Pearsons - reliable, OK ship times
    http://www.parker-international.co.uk/ -good prices, great selection
    sdeals.com -straight shooter with a few deals on select merchandise
    http://www.totalcycling.com/ -occasional deals and great selection
    http://www.cyclingbargains.com/ -never ordered from them, but watch the site for deals