Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Disappointed with Competitive Cyclist

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  2k13458 
#1 ·
On 9/9, I ordered front/rear XTR brakes and rotors from Competitive Cyclist. At the time of the order, Competitive Cyclist told me the rotors would ship in 2-3 weeks.

2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks later.....nothing. I emailed customer service and did not hear anything. 5 weeks, 6 weeks still nothing. I emailed customer service again. No response. 7 weeks. 8 weeks. I called customer service. I spoke to two gentlemen. Both admitted that something was awry. The second gentleman told me he would get to the bottom of it and call me the following day. The following day...nothing. The next day...nothing.

I called Competitive Cyclist again. Customer Service again admitted a problem with ordering the rotors. This time customer service told me they "may be receiving a shipment of rotors in 2-3 weeks".

I cancelled my order. I'm very disappointed.

#7 ·
i've bought two complete bikes from them in the last few months. Both deeply discounted with some free stuff thrown in (not cheap). Shipping takes 1-3 days to get to me. They accept returns to swap out parts no questions asked. They forever have my business. I was asked not to comment on discounts I recieved, but if you're making a larger order and you call them they will hook you up! A+++ customer service for me

Both my bikes I built through them had xtr trail brakes with rotors also...

#8 ·
First off... after 7 weeks with no brakes you didn't think to just cancel the order and buy them somewhere else? I would have done it after three. :)

Second, CC (and BC.com for that matter) have great customer service in my multiple experiences. They've screwed up an order or two of mine over the last few years, but every time it's been made better-than-right. Their shipping is fast, prices are good, and their reps know their ****.

#9 ·
On 9/9, I ordered front/rear XTR brakes and rotors from Competitive Cyclist. At the time of the order, Competitive Cyclist told me the rotors would ship in 2-3 weeks.

2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks later.....nothing. I emailed customer service and did not hear anything. 5 weeks, 6 weeks still nothing. I emailed customer service again. No response. 7 weeks. 8 weeks. I called customer service. I spoke to two gentlemen. Both admitted that something was awry. The second gentleman told me he would get to the bottom of it and call me the following day. The following day...nothing. The next day...nothing.

I called Competitive Cyclist again. Customer Service again admitted a problem with ordering the rotors. This time customer service told me they "may be receiving a shipment of rotors in 2-3 weeks".

I cancelled my order. I'm very disappointed.
If you want to see if something is really available check out universal cycles. Their site is connected to distributor inventory in real time. XTR ice tek rotors are available to ship right now. What are they smoking at CC ?

#17 ·
All of the sellers fall short sometimes. I like Comp. Cyclist, but I had trouble recently. Bought a Fox 34 Talas FIT whatever, keying on the FIT. Title and description did not match exactly, so I called them twice to confirm it is FIT. Guess what--it was the Evolution OC cartridge. Sent it back on their dime, but, still, I called twice. And what annoys me the most--it is still on their site described with the FIT cartridge.

I will still buy from them (sometimes they have great deals), but only knowing that it is easy to return.

#18 ·
This ties in with my recent dealings with Backcountry/CC. I ordered a 650b Flow EX wheelset and only received the front wheel. It took me a 30 minute phone call and a 6 hour wait before they emailed me and admitted a wheelset means a front and rear wheel.

Unless they get their shite together I won't bother with them anymore. There's too much competition out there.

#19 ·
There is a new XTR brakeset coming out. Earlier this past summer a number of sites, including Art's, had the new set listed as shipping in October but now I'm seeing it listed as January. I wonder if their computer system somehow put you in the queue for the new XTR brakes and hence the delays?

Overall my experience with Competitivecyclist has been very good. I did get a bike with a leaky rear shock from them, but they took care of it immediately and overnighted me a new shock.

#20 ·
CC shipped the XTR brake sets in a timely manner. They dropped the ball 3 or 4 times with the rotors, refused to admit they made a mistake, and then acted indifferently about it.

There is a new XTR brakeset coming out. Earlier this past summer a number of sites, including Art's, had the new set listed as shipping in October but now I'm seeing it listed as January. I wonder if their computer system somehow put you in the queue for the new XTR brakes and hence the delays?

Overall my experience with Competitivecyclist has been very good. I did get a bike with a leaky rear shock from them, but they took care of it immediately and overnighted me a new shock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.