Climbs = necessary evil

New question here. Deals on Spec Roval Control Carbon 29er wheelsets?

I've seen a few people post that they can get these Specialized Roval Control Carbon 29er wheelsets at an inside deal price from a LBS because of a relationship they have, but haven't seen anything on out right discounts to the public.

Anyone know of any place for discounts on these or care to hook a fella up with your connection at the LBS for a good deal?

Thanks,

Roger

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    You will not find many deals on them unless you luck out on Ebay. I was only able to get 10% knocked off mine because I'm a member of the local IMBA chapter. I would see if the store gives a discount to local club members.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    If a Specialized dealer give an unauthorized "deal" Specialized will sue them. Or just de-dealer them, nice people to deal with....

Climbs = necessary evil
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogii View Post
    If a Specialized dealer give an unauthorized "deal" Specialized will sue them. Or just de-dealer them, nice people to deal with....

Ahhhh, the joys of "price control". I hated that in the SCUBA industry, which is why I ended up buying a lot of my gear online for that. Many of those e-tailers would offer their own warranty of the same length as the manufacturer and sell at 20-35% off.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I have a friend that works for them and bought a set of these. I don't even want to tell you what he was able to pay for them . . .

Climbs = necessary evil
    I did talk to a local shop that has a deal going right now. They are offering 15% off any parts they install. So that'd be $180 off and $50 to swap over the rotors, rear cassette and tubeless tires. Not great, but it's something and they are running that deal through March, so I have time to keep looking around.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogii View Post
    Selling bikes on the gray market or ebay is not the same as discounting something at the point of sale.

They are not allowed to ADVERTISE a price below msrp. What happens between you and the shop at time of purchase is up to them. I've regularly gotten discounts from a local specialized dealer on parts, tires and shoes. For instance, if you buy any 2 tires they give you 10% off - you don't even have to ask. I bought 2 seats once and they gave me 10% off. I got a pair of pro carbon road shoes a few years ago for 40% off (they were leftovers). When spech. first came out with the carbon wheels they told me 10% off.