Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Short-Change-Hero
    Jenson doesn't always match items from across the pond which is why most of us will buy them there. I was able to get my "SET" for $124 and with free shipping where you are talking about having to wait for a sale to see them at $79/ea (so $160 plus shipping depending).

Don't think you are comparing Apples to Apples here or at least different varieties of apples.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by helexia23 View Post
    Hey legit question here, I'm not trying to start anything as I'm guilty of spending hours online to try and save a buck. But there are XT brakes for sale for $99 all the time (Bluesky for example). Some times they have them for $89, and SLX's can be had for $79 (each).

So for $18 more, you can get them from a well known US retailer (Jenson will easily price match $99 XT or $79 SLX, and you don't have to worry about long shipping delays, or cutting/bleeding/barbs, etc. or the possibility they will get caught up in customs and you have to pay the tax.

Again not starting anything, I just don't get buying something across the pond to save $18.
    Unfortunately for those of us in Canada, most etailers in the US won't ship here. And for those that do, shipping and taxes more than kills the deal. What's worse is that it is more likely to get hit with taxes coming from the US vs from the UK.

Anyhow, the set of SLX brakes front and rear were $118 (59 a side). Signed for them and didnt have to pay a penny. I'm all for supporting local stores, but it isnt even an $18 difference, more like $100 for us poor chaps.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    check out the new prices on xt brakes on chainreaction cycles. $86 per pair!!!!

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    you can add KSVAZ for CRC to knock another 10 off. Still not ribble good but they've been out of stock for a while.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hernluis View Post
    check out the new prices on xt brakes on chainreaction cycles. $86 per pair!!!!
    Not per pair. Per brake. Front and rear. $172 for the set. Still a good price. Jenson should price match that. They did for me but at a slightly higher price.
    Cannondale F29 carbon
    Jamis Renegade Elite
    Kona Big Unit SS/full rigid
    Kona Private Jake SSCX (build in progress)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Not per pair. Per brake. Front and rear. $172 for the set. Still a good price. Jenson should price match that. They did for me but at a slightly higher price.
    If the CRC XT's have finned pads, that's a good price. Ribble is cheaper but no finned pads. Jenson is not touching CRC or Ribble lately.

mtbr member
    Jenson price matched CRC for me back in June on the XT brakes. Guess they got tired of losing money.

And yeah, they are finned pads at CRC.
    Cannondale F29 carbon
    Jamis Renegade Elite
    Kona Big Unit SS/full rigid
    Kona Private Jake SSCX (build in progress)

mtbr member
    Has anyone seen any package deals on XT M-785's with finned pads and ice-tech (I think rt-86) rotors?
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT
    Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

Short-Change-Hero
    Here's a dumb question, will the Finned XT pads work in the SLX? I think everything points to yes but want to make sure.

Also for rotors, unless you really want the XT/SLX rotors you can pick up the Ashima Rotors (Ai and Ai2) for around $20 each off ebay. Got my 160s for $14/ea and have 180s in the mail for $17/ea. shipping is free so really can't beat it and they have been great on my bike so far, just decided I want to move to 180s.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Here's a dumb question, will the Finned XT pads work in the SLX? I think everything points to yes but want to make sure.
    Yes. I did it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider View Post
    Has anyone seen any package deals on XT M-785's with finned pads and ice-tech (I think rt-86) rotors?
    merlin has silver XT(no fins) with rt-81 centerlock rotors for $196

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulse922 View Post
    merlin has silver XT(no fins) with rt-81 centerlock rotors for $196
    Thanks for that.
    I'd be all over it if they were 6-bolt (which I didn't specify).
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Shimano XT BR-M785B Disc Brake > Components > Brakes > MTB Disc Brakes | Jenson USA

XT Brakes on Jenson right now for $99.99 ea right now. Picked mine up last week. Only $10 more than the SLX's. No brainer.

EDIT: Just saw the post about Chain Reaction. Even better deal.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Thanks for that.
    I'd be all over it if they were 6-bolt (which I didn't specify).
    Yeah, i had a feeling, but in the case you had an odd bike like mine (scott scale), i figured i'd post it here anyways.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulse922 View Post
    Yeah, i had a feeling, but in the case you had an odd bike like mine (scott scale), i figured i'd post it here anyways.
    Ribble has the xt f&r brakes on sale again, with promo code SHIM10 $143 to the USA, YOWZA~! Can't wait to replace my BB7's. These aren't finned pads but I plan on using my 160mm Avid rotors for now, woop woop!

mtbr member
    Just got my SLX f & r from Chain Reaction. Normal (left-front, right-rear), non-finned resin pads with 2-piece block, bleed block, 2 caliper blocks, 2 barbs, 2 olives, 4 bolts and 2 clips...$117.78 shipped.
    Stoked.
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Just got my SLX f & r from Chain Reaction. Normal (left-front, right-rear), non-finned resin pads with 2-piece block, bleed block, 2 caliper blocks, 2 barbs, 2 olives, 4 bolts and 2 clips...$117.78 shipped.
    Stoked.
    Awesome deal, almost makes me want to buy a spare set!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

deals on SLX or XT brakes

Stoked.
    Is that still going? My Avids are screaming for a change.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Just snagged an XT brakeset from Evans Cycles for $145.96 shipped and comes with Ice Tech finned pads. If you don't care about finned pads you can get a set from Ribble at $136.89 shipped with with sintered pads.
    Pizza is life. Beer helps.

mtbr member
    what set up are those? Left rear/right front, or left front/right rear?? I've been waiting for CRC to have them back in stock to make my order
    '02 Rockhopper Comp
    '11 Specialized Epic Comp 26
    '11 Kona Kula Watt

ride all day
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bikingmat View Post
    what set up are those? Left rear/right front, or left front/right rear?? I've been waiting for CRC to have them back in stock to make my order
    Doesn't really matter either way, can easily swap them in a few minutes without the need for a bleed.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Right now at Buy Road Bikes & Parts at Ribble Cycles | Online Bike Shop with DISC10 offer code

XT Brakes (pair) = 140.00$ CAN or 136.89$ US

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    holy crap...$106 for SLX brakes. That's...zany. I really don't want to spend money on my bikes right now...but I'd really like to take advantage of that!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lRaphl View Post
    Right now at Buy Road Bikes & Parts at Ribble Cycles | Online Bike Shop with DISC10 offer code

XT Brakes (pair) = 140.00$ CAN or 136.89$ US
    Note that $136.89 is the pre-discount price, so $123.20 is your shipped price.

They also have XT M780 and M785 cranksets for $106 w/ BB.

Hard to believe how cheap some of this Shimano stuff is getting via UK.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
    holy crap...$106 for SLX brakes. That's...zany. I really don't want to spend money on my bikes right now...but I'd really like to take advantage of that!
    SLX brakes are out of stock.
    But they'd be $95 w/ the 10% code if in stock!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post

Hard to believe how cheap some of this Shimano stuff is getting via UK.
    It's almost cheaper to get brake set from UK than brake pads in Canada at MRSP...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    All the Ribble Shimano brakes are out of stock as of 1/29/15.

mtbr member
    The brakes are gone by now. Thankfully I bought some recently -for more, but it's better than clicking and getting an 'Out of Stock'

Still picked up a double SLX Crank (wBB), XT BB and a Cane Creek headset, for $112
    Last edited by grandsalmon; 01-30-2015 at 06:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I picked up XT brakes, front and rear from Merlin Cycles across the pond for $156.13. Ice tech rotors 160mm for $28.10 and a 180mm ice tech rotor for $33.67. And free shipping to the USA. Also got an XT M785 10 speed double crankset for $134.89.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Evans cycles has slx w ice tech pads for $57 each - so $114. The ribbles were non finned - so for the extra couple bucks might be the better deal

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    All the Ribble Shimano brakes are out of stock as of 1/29/15.
    Ribble still has the M615's for like $75 (per pair!) after the 10% discount. Close your eyes and you'd never know they're not SLX/XT.

hardcore
    Jul 2010
    check bike-components or bike-discount.. always good prices for XT/SLX brakes...

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I have no idea if they send to US or not, but I just bought a set of XT brakes including pads (non vented), housing and 2 Ice-tech 160mm discs in Alltricks ( SHIMANO 2014 Brakeset XT M785 J-KIT Discs SM-RT81-S Centerlock 160mm PM/IS Black - ALLTRICKS ) for €137 ( it says 144 but you can easily get an extra 5% via supporting other user ) which on current google exchange rate is $156.

Again, not sure if there is any shipping costs but might be worth to check.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456