Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Looks like starbike.com might save you a few euro. Have to buy rotors and brakes separately.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
    Anyone knows where i can get a good deal on XT M785 with 6 bolts discs in Europe ? Lowest i manage to find them is around 240euros.

thank you

mtbr member
    Bike-discount.de

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    As of this morning Nashbar has XT for about $104 before any tax or shipping. But it may be worth price matching a seller with no tax or shipping.

Long live the ASR-7
    Quote Originally Posted by moefosho View Post
    If you dont need SLX/XT. the less flashy M615 Deores are $59 at crc. Thats $120 for some great brakes.

Shimano Deore M615 Disc Brake | Chain Reaction Cycles
    Ordered a set for my SS! Thanks for the link.

mtbr member
    Merlin Cycles UK has M615 sets for $94 right now. M785 XT for $187 a set. Shimano adapters are $9.75 which are the cheapest I have seen.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip D View Post
    Merlin Cycles UK has M615 sets for $94 right now. M785 XT for $187 a set. Shimano adapters are $9.75 which are the cheapest I have seen.
    Are they set up Euro style or US style? I thought I had seen comments suggesting they were right/front and left/rear.
    I collect the best mountain biking deals and write about how to save you money!

BudgetMTB The Best Mountain Biking Deals

mtbr member
    Euro style. I'll switch 'em when I shorten the lines.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Pricepoint has the XT M785-B on sale today for $100

Shimano Deore XT M785-B Disc Brake | Shimano | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Good deal for sure. Thinking about picking up another set to put on my wife's bike.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

Short-Change-Hero
    Just picked up a set of SLX brakes from Ribble for $123. Grabbed a few other things too (SLX 2x10 crank and XT 11/36T cassette) and got free shipping.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Just picked up a set of SLX brakes from Ribble for $123. Grabbed a few other things too (SLX 2x10 crank and XT 11/36T cassette) and got free shipping.
    Do you know if those are pre-bled and if they include pads? The description doesn't specify.

Short-Change-Hero
    I have not received yet so I do not know. I am hoping to have them by the end of the week so as soon as I receive them I will let you know. I am assuming that they ARE pre-bled but DO NOT include pads.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    There's a whole thread on Ribble that has a lot of info on what's what pretty recently. I can tell you the XT's I got were complete with resin pads and pre-bled. They were set up Euro/Moto, but easily switched if you prefer the US way. They also included adapters for 180 up front and 160 in back.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Does that thread say the process went okay? 123 is a really slick deal, and I would much prefer to sell my formulas than have two different brands of brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I made a few orders with Ribble and everything was smooth. Some guys reported delays getting their stuff, but I think that was customs delaying things, not Ribble.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I bought several sets of brakes (M615s and XTs) from Ribble last month. All came with pads. I did switch hoses due to the Euro/Moto thing, not a big deal.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Jenson price matches and ships US versions in retail boxes.

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    Good to know... Wish that Ribble sold SRAM stuff (more drivetrain) as I would love to use them for that stuff but as it is I enjoy my XT cassette and crank on my current bike (both were used for about the price I got these for) so can complain and I am in no "real" hurry to finish the bike.

banned
    Feb 2004
    Anyone have a deal on the 6-bolt ice tech RT86 rotors? Need a 180mm and 160mm. Thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    They don't pricematch Ribble.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    Anyone have a deal on the 6-bolt ice tech RT86 rotors? Need a 180mm and 160mm. Thanks!!!
    chain reaction or wiggle are the best deals I have found when they are in stock. stock seems to fluctuate daily, so keep checking. you may need another $25 filler option to qualify for free shipping.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    not to be condescending or anything, if you already know, but you don't need to run the ice-tech rotors with these brakes. I've been extremely pleased with mine on a variety of rotors.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    XT M785 brakes $96 at Bike Nashbar.

Shimano Deore XT BR-M785 Disc Brake - Bike Disc Brakes

Question: can I use my existing rotors? I'm currently using SRAM Trail 7's

banned
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
    not to be condescending or anything, if you already know, but you don't need to run the ice-tech rotors with these brakes. I've been extremely pleased with mine on a variety of rotors.
    Glad you're happy with your new brakes, which has nothing to do with me wanting to get a deal on RT86 icetech rotors. Thanks.

Looking to run the 180/160mm RT86 on a (somewhat light) DH wheelset for lift served riding, on a bike that is already using an all mountain wheelset with 180/160 rotors. The bike has older style shimano brakes. I'm hoping to get increased fade resistance with my existing brakes, which these rotors clearly offer, without having to step up to a 203mm front rotor.

banned
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brimorga View Post
    chain reaction or wiggle are the best deals I have found when they are in stock. stock seems to fluctuate daily, so keep checking. you may need another $25 filler option to qualify for free shipping.
    Thanks, their prices are great on the 160mm, about $35, but they are both out of the 180mm. Will keep an eye on them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by w1kk3d View Post
    Question: can I use my existing rotors? I'm currently using SRAM Trail 7's
    Yes, you can, as long as they are the right size.

Glad you're happy with your new brakes, which has nothing to do with me wanting to get a deal on RT86 icetech rotors. Thanks.
    a lot of people ask these kinds of questions (see above), and I was only trying to help. I see why you have the red squares now.

banned
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
    Yes, you can, as long as they are the right size.

a lot of people ask these kinds of questions (see above), and I was only trying to help. I see why you have the red squares now.
    I did not ask if I needed these rotors, nor did I discuss my application for them - if so, I would have posted in the brake forum. I simply asked where I could get them for a good price. Maybe I want to hang them around the house for decoration?

I go around assuming that people actually know (through research or personal experience) what they are talking about on here, but maybe I'm wrong. From what I've read about testing of the icetech rotors, they really cut down on brake fading. This is clearly not important for people who ride in flatter areas, but if you ride extended downhills, they are a major improvement.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    uh, OK chief. You win. Go show the rest of the world your e-peen.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BoogieMang View Post
    They don't pricematch Ribble.
    last week jensonusa priced matched ribble for an m771 cassette that I ordered. I would have bought it from ribble but i needed it right away luckily jensonusa hooked me up.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I tried to get them to match the SLX brake set and the auto-email I got said they would not match that vendor. Don't know if that's a new thing, but there it is.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I called and talked to a Jenson rep and he put me on hold maybe to check the profit margins and when he came back on the phone he said its a go. Paid 53 and change shipped for the m771 cassette matching Ribble.
    Seems like Jenson price matching product is selective ymmv worth a try though.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ducsauce View Post
    I called and talked to a Jenson rep and he put me on hold maybe to check the profit margins and when he came back on the phone he said its a go. Paid 53 and change shipped for the m771 cassette matching Ribble.
    Seems like Jenson price matching product is selective ymmv worth a try though.
    Jenson has never been anything but awesome with me and I can hardly blame them for not matching the brakes. That's a smokin' deal, probably helped by the exchange rate. They've matched just about everything else I've thrown at them. Not the brakes, though.

Short-Change-Hero
    Yeah and could be that you need to talk with a live person to get the pricematch vs the automated website one. Still waiting for my stuff from Ribble hoping it will be here in the next couple day as the "consignment tracking" link doesnt work for me.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    For ribble it should have the tracking number near that link, you can just use the number on the USPS website.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    May 2005
    What 6th said. I highlight the tracking, right click, and search google. The link comes up to track it.

Short-Change-Hero
    ^^^^ SWEET!!! Thanks for that I did not even realize what that number was because it did not look like a normal USPS number to me. Stuff is showing as having arrived at my post office this morning which means it will be out for delivery today or tomorrow!

Short-Change-Hero
    Got my stuff yesterday and all was as it was advertised.

To confirm one of the above statements, yes the SLX came in MOTO setup and come with pads installed. Everything else is spot on and looks great.. I am going to have more new stuff on this bike than I have ever had before.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Got my stuff yesterday and all was as it was advertised.
    Awesome thanks for the update, I'll be placing an order.

banned
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brimorga View Post
    Looks like chain reaction has the best prices, but it's been impossible to catch them with both the 160mm and 180mm in stock at the same time, even though I check at least daily. Will keep trying, or just wait till free shipping comes up again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    With Pricepoint's memorial15 discount thru Monday, the XT brakes are down to $102 each. Retail boxed with finned pads, olives, etc.

Not the best ever, but a decent quick-ship option.

mtbr member
    Canadians should check these out:
    Shimano XT M785 Brakes - TBS Bike Parts Online

109 vs 132 on Jenson. taxes vs shipping still keeps them cheaper (free shipping on orders over 95$). haven't ordered from them, but planning on a set of Avid HSX Disc Brake Rotors (40-45$ by the way).
    '02 Rockhopper Comp
    '11 Specialized Epic Comp 26
    '11 Kona Kula Watt

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bikingmat View Post

109 vs 132 on Jenson. taxes vs shipping still keeps them cheaper (free shipping on orders over 95$). haven't ordered from them, but planning on a set of Avid HSX Disc Brake Rotors (40-45$ by the way).
    Awesome bikingmat. Thanks for the heads up. First time I've heard of them.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur_4X View Post
    Awesome bikingmat. Thanks for the heads up. First time I've heard of them.
    ordered from them one time. No problem.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    bikenashbar has them for $99.99 per brake plus free shipping.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bikingmat View Post

Thanks for your support bikingmat! Let us know if you have any questions about your order and we will be more than happy to help.

TBS Bike Parts

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    FYI CRC had xt for 89.99, I think. I asked jenson to price match, and they met $95. I haven't loved my experience with CRC in the past, but have had no problems with Jenson, so I'd go to them for order tracking, accurate shipping times, and all of my stuff not coming in one poorly packed box.

Ahhh the pain....
    I had done a price match with Jenson about 20 days ago on some XT's...they matched at 89.99....just pulled the trigger a few minutes ago... Not the ribble deal, but still good!
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Did you call? I just did online. Not sure I'm gonna spring for another pair but I've considered it.

Ahhh the pain....
    I did not....just submitted on line and they matched.
    I've been using BB7's for 4 years and finally making the switch.
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    I did not....just submitted on line and they matched.
    I've been using BB7's for 4 years and finally making the switch.
    What website did they pricematch with? I am looking to do the same

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast