Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I just ordered a set of SLX brakes from Blueskycycling for $205 shipped. I would like to buy them from my LBS but they wanted $180 a wheel. Ouch!

mtbr member
    Best I am able to do with brakes (xt), rotors (ice tech, 180mm), and adapters is coming in a bit over $325.

New build, so need all items. Am I missing anything or any great deals?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    If you aren't set on ice tech rotors, you can get hayes for like a quarter of the price. Not sure the ice tech rotors are really that important in the mix...

mtbr member
    Hayes Rotors (180mm) seem to be around 25 per - if I am going to try the Ice Tech stuff, I figure its probably worth the extra 20 bucks front and rear to go with the full system. I may change to regular rotors in the future, but that wont be a deal killer. Just wanting to make sure I wasnt missing a coupon going on right now.

Thanks

Matt

mtbr member
    XT 785s (boxed, not OEM) are $112.99 at Nashbar right now. Best price I found

two wheel whore
    Ordered a set with Ice Tec rotors for a tad over 300. I use moto config on my bicycles, so I'm ok on that part. However, looks like there's a backorder on the brakes until mid-April at Wiggle.

mtbr member
    I used Jenson price match on the XT brakes and front adapter, ordered the rotors and rear adapter from Blue sky. Waiting on Jenson to ship now, Blue sky already has.

mtbr member
    Can someone school me on Ice Tech Rotors. I get the concept and all but don't see how the Ice Tech rotors warrant that price ~2x cost over standard RT75s. Anyone who upgrade and have thoughts?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    At Pricepoint, you can get a set of XT 785 front and rear for around $210 during their big sale. No word on when the sale ends. Don't know about shipping though. Use code: save big.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    At Pricepoint, you can get a set of XT 785 front and rear for around $210 during their big sale. No word on when the sale ends. Don't know about shipping though. Use code: save big.
    I just combined a price match ($110.99 each at Nashbar) with the SAVEBIG code from Pricepoint. $187 for the front/rear set delivered. I couldn't find a better deal than that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for the tip, Squak, but how do you do a price match at Pricepoint? Do you do it via an email to them or something?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Sale ends Thursday Night. I ordered this stuff the other day. Pretty good prices!

Here's my order conf. e-mail

1 115 SHI091 FNT Shimano XT M785 Disc Brake FRONT 100.02
    1 115 SHI091 RER Shimano XT M785 Disc Brake REAR 100.02
    1 280 SHIIS1 Shimano XT SM-SL78 I-Spec Brackets Pair 34.61
    1 115 SHI131 203 Shimano SM-RT86 6 Bolt Rotor 203 48.46
    1 115 SHI131 H80 Shimano SM-RT86 6 Bolt Rotor 180 44.62
    1 115 MAGQM8 QM7 MAGURA QM BRAKE ADAPTERS QM7 203mm 6.15
    PRODUCT 333.88
    TAX 0.00
    POSTAGE & HANDLING 29.99
    INSURANCE 1.29
    B Visa TOTAL $ 365.16

I did pay extra for overnight shipping and got the I-spec Brackets to go with my M-780 Shifters. With their sale I had to spend $419 to get $100 off.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jnroyal View Post
    Thanks for the tip, Squak, but how do you do a price match at Pricepoint? Do you do it via an email to them or something?
    Not sure how you do it with an online order (maybe use the comment box). I ended up placing my order over the phone because I was using a Visa gift card and a regular credit card (their website isn't set up for 2 payment methods). I just told the guy on the phone that Nashbar had the same brakes for $110.99--easy peasy. Felt kinda old school using the phone to order bike parts.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jnroyal View Post
    I took this off Priceline's website:

For online orders, please add the information to the “Additional Order Comments” box in the Payment Information section during checkout.
    If you have already placed your order, please send the information to
    custservice@pricepoint.com.

What I can't tell is if Priceline price matches before the purchase, or if you have to go through with the purchase and hope they match. Maybe call the order in?
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Went with the squak method at pricepoint, ended up $188 shipped, had to give a link and price in the comment box and when they processed my order they charged me for the price match amount. Still have to order adapters and rotors for a frame I don't even own yet. Anyone want to sell me their Nimble 9 large in white or black?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopbreakindown View Post
    Went with the squak method at pricepoint, ended up $188 shipped, had to give a link and price in the comment box and when they processed my order they charged me for the price match amount. Still have to order adapters and rotors for a frame I don't even own yet. Anyone want to sell me their Nimble 9 large in white or black?
    Did the same thing as Stopbreakind. Awesome price.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

deals on SLX or XT brakes

...kicking myself for missing the pricepoint sale...

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInYpsi View Post
    ...kicking myself for missing the pricepoint sale...
    Wiggle will get you close to the same deal if you use the 12-extra or 10-extra code. Just know that brakes from the UK come Left-Rear/Right-Front. Not really a big deal though because you'll probably need to shorten the hydraulic lines anyway--easy to do and Shimano includes everything you need.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

XT black rear is out of stock at wiggle currently, otherwise it would be a done deal. I'm keeping an eye peeled there to see if stock is replenished before their coupon expires.

Almost did Nashbar but I'm gonna hold out since I'm not in a hurry.

mtbr member
    Anyone uses the short lever of the XT with grip shift?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I bought my SLX brakes at Starbike for 129 euros for the set (about 170 bucks).

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Black XT's are back in stock at wiggle. Looks like their 15-extra coupon has expired but 12-extra is still working. I'm pulling the trigger on a set of XT's, adpaters, and ice-tec rotors.

two wheel whore
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInYpsi View Post
    Black XT's are back in stock at wiggle. Looks like their 15-extra coupon has expired but 12-extra is still working. I'm pulling the trigger on a set of XT's, adpaters, and ice-tec rotors.
    Before anyone orders, this is not correct. I ordered a set on March 20th(!!!), and at that time their site said 'in stock'. A few days later I received an email saying that it was back ordered, their site then was updated as back ordered until "April 15th".

I emailed them a few days ago, and looks like it's not in stock yet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    Before anyone orders, this is not correct...
    My complete order has shipped. Appears they really are in stock.

mtbr member
    Do the trail version of the brakes have a longer lever than the regular brakes?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast