Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Slx for $176 shipped at starbike.com not sure if you would pay duty in the US or tax. I payed $30 on a 360$ order to Canada.

Amazing prices on Zee and Saints too.

Prices on the site are euro but they minus 20% if your outside Germany and shipping is 30 euros if under 250.

mtbr member
    I screwed up and bought the set from wiggle with the code. Bought a rear and thought I needed a lh front as normal. I got 2 lh's, one front and one back. I did get a rh front on order before the code expired. I even knew I should watch out for that but since the site listed a specific lh and rh front I let my attention slip for the rear. So, look in the classifieds soon for a lh front xt brake. It will be listed for what I paid for it about $100.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Well looks like my timing is just off at the moment for a good deal or at least for a $200 brakeset. I have a $200 Visa rewards card burning a hole in my pocket and I want to use it on a set of XT brakes!

JJMTB1 - I would entertain your LH front XT brake but not sure how I could use my Visa card to purchase. Sounds like I'll need to wait...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Any updated deals? I think its time to retire my juicys. Looked at the wiggle deal but I don't really want to deal with swapping lever and bleeding out of the box. Otherwise is Bluesky for $200 for the slx and Jenson price match to nashbar for $226 still the best bet?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Had to shorten both sets of hoses front and rear on both bikes so Wiggle deal wouldn't have been an inconvenience after all.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast View Post
    Had to shorten both sets of hoses front and rear on both bikes so Wiggle deal wouldn't have been an inconvenience after all.
    +1 on the reversed lever UK deals. Unless you have a large enough frame where you don't need to to shorten the lines, then the lever swap is a non issue. There's instructions online on how to shorten the lines without bleeding, although that's a YMMV. Worked out for me.

http://www.shimano.com/publish/conte...20Trimming.pdf

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I bought the set from jenson, price matched, and the rear line was OK on my front brake with my 8" travel downhill fork, but the rear is too long, with a medium sized DH bike equipped with a floating brake. I will probably end up shortening that hose anyways.

FWIW, I bought my saints, reversed, from CRC. I swapped the hoses with no brass bushing swap. One of my lines leaked, so I shortened it and rebled. It wasn't the end of the world, and the brakes were great after the bleed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by finny1999 View Post
    Any updated deals? I think its time to retire my juicys. Looked at the wiggle deal but I don't really want to deal with swapping lever and bleeding out of the box. Otherwise is Bluesky for $200 for the slx and Jenson price match to nashbar for $226 still the best bet?
    Yes, I went with the SLX 675s and the old XT rotors (non-icetech) on bluesky.

mtbr member
    I also suggest checking bargain bins from the places that have a physical shop as well.

I scored a set of XT dual control take-offs from a new bike, complete with attached calipers, for $90. Already have the bleed blocks and such accessories from my retail slx, so it was a sweet score!

mtbr member
    Nashbar has the XT on sale for $112, should be arriving tomorrow. Now all 3 bikes has the XT's. =)
    2014 Specialized Enduro S-Works
    2012 Specialized SJ FSR Elite
    2012 DB Scapegoat
    2012 Canfield Yelli Screamy 25.8lbs

mtbr member
    Wiggle has XT785's on sale for $109 right now...shipped free.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Paid spam... i also messed up my wiggle order, left hand brake for sale $100.

Parts! XT m785 brake NIB, Fox f100 RLC, 650b tires NIB - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Ranger View Post
    Wiggle has XT785's on sale for $109 right now...shipped free.
    Use coupon code 15-EXTRA if you're buying a F&R set to save even more, 15% off.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Black rear is out of stock, looks like they'll leave you order but won't let you use a discount code. Silver is available and with the 15% off coupon come out to $185.45 with free shipping. Very tempting...I'm on an XL Tallboy so I shouldn't have to worry about trimming the hoses, but how hard are these to swap levers and bleed if needed? .

mtbr member
    15-extra got me brakes and rotors for $250 shipped. The bummer is I think I made the same error Chello did by ordering a front left and rear. I bet I'm getting two left levers.

mtbr member
    I'm confused on the confusion on the LH and RH levers on Wiggle.

There are three options in the drop down:
    Front
    Front (left)
    Rear

If you want a standard set, shouldn't you just order a Front (left) and a Rear?
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinGT View Post
    I'm confused on the confusion on the LH and RH levers on Wiggle.

There are three options in the drop down:
    Front
    Front (left)
    Rear

If you want a standard set, shouldn't you just order a Front (left) and a Rear?
    Nope, because you'll get the same lever side, just different hose lengths. Brakes on sites like CRC or wiggle are set up moto style aka UK style where front is right lever, and rear is left lever.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Buy the brakes from a German site, I know my Zee's came LF RR from Starbike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Nope, because you'll get the same lever side, just different hose lengths. Brakes on sites like CRC or wiggle are set up moto style aka UK style where front is right lever, and rear is left lever.
    So you order Front and Front (left) to get a front and rear? Crazy brits!
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    ^The hoses will be short still to run as a rear. Best is to stick with Front and Rear and just switch the hoses out.

mtbr member
    Got my first pair months ago from Jenson (via price matching) for $195 shipped.

Got my second pair (silver) today from Wiggle for $185 shipped.

I'm really lovin' this thread.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Ranger View Post
    15-extra got me brakes and rotors for $250 shipped. The bummer is I think I made the same error Chello did by ordering a front left and rear. I bet I'm getting two left levers.
    Oh no!!! I ordered the same thing

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Wiggle 17off-stp

I got the silver XT brakes F/R with mounting brackets for $200 and free shipping.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by odyssey12305 View Post
    Oh no!!! I ordered the same thing
    Hahaha, looks like I did the same thing!!! Balls.

I think I'll try the moto set-up though. So where do we find a left hand rear? Or just get a normal left hand front and add a longer hose?
    great minds think a bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    for US sites (nashbar, pricepoint, bikebling, performance), do you get the standard set? I rec'd the xt brakeset from wiggle and both were left levers

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast