Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Slx for $176 shipped at starbike.com not sure if you would pay duty in the US or tax. I payed $30 on a 360$ order to Canada.

Amazing prices on Zee and Saints too.

Prices on the site are euro but they minus 20% if your outside Germany and shipping is 30 euros if under 250.

mtbr member
    I screwed up and bought the set from wiggle with the code. Bought a rear and thought I needed a lh front as normal. I got 2 lh's, one front and one back. I did get a rh front on order before the code expired. I even knew I should watch out for that but since the site listed a specific lh and rh front I let my attention slip for the rear. So, look in the classifieds soon for a lh front xt brake. It will be listed for what I paid for it about $100.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Well looks like my timing is just off at the moment for a good deal or at least for a $200 brakeset. I have a $200 Visa rewards card burning a hole in my pocket and I want to use it on a set of XT brakes!

JJMTB1 - I would entertain your LH front XT brake but not sure how I could use my Visa card to purchase. Sounds like I'll need to wait...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Any updated deals? I think its time to retire my juicys. Looked at the wiggle deal but I don't really want to deal with swapping lever and bleeding out of the box. Otherwise is Bluesky for $200 for the slx and Jenson price match to nashbar for $226 still the best bet?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Had to shorten both sets of hoses front and rear on both bikes so Wiggle deal wouldn't have been an inconvenience after all.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast View Post
    Had to shorten both sets of hoses front and rear on both bikes so Wiggle deal wouldn't have been an inconvenience after all.
    +1 on the reversed lever UK deals. Unless you have a large enough frame where you don't need to to shorten the lines, then the lever swap is a non issue. There's instructions online on how to shorten the lines without bleeding, although that's a YMMV. Worked out for me.

http://www.shimano.com/publish/conte...20Trimming.pdf

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I bought the set from jenson, price matched, and the rear line was OK on my front brake with my 8" travel downhill fork, but the rear is too long, with a medium sized DH bike equipped with a floating brake. I will probably end up shortening that hose anyways.

FWIW, I bought my saints, reversed, from CRC. I swapped the hoses with no brass bushing swap. One of my lines leaked, so I shortened it and rebled. It wasn't the end of the world, and the brakes were great after the bleed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by finny1999 View Post
    Any updated deals? I think its time to retire my juicys. Looked at the wiggle deal but I don't really want to deal with swapping lever and bleeding out of the box. Otherwise is Bluesky for $200 for the slx and Jenson price match to nashbar for $226 still the best bet?
    Yes, I went with the SLX 675s and the old XT rotors (non-icetech) on bluesky.

mtbr member
    I also suggest checking bargain bins from the places that have a physical shop as well.

I scored a set of XT dual control take-offs from a new bike, complete with attached calipers, for $90. Already have the bleed blocks and such accessories from my retail slx, so it was a sweet score!

mtbr member
    Nashbar has the XT on sale for $112, should be arriving tomorrow. Now all 3 bikes has the XT's. =)
    2014 Specialized Enduro S-Works
    2012 Specialized SJ FSR Elite
    2012 DB Scapegoat
    2012 Canfield Yelli Screamy 25.8lbs

mtbr member
    Wiggle has XT785's on sale for $109 right now...shipped free.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Paid spam... i also messed up my wiggle order, left hand brake for sale $100.

Parts! XT m785 brake NIB, Fox f100 RLC, 650b tires NIB - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Ranger View Post
    Wiggle has XT785's on sale for $109 right now...shipped free.
    Use coupon code 15-EXTRA if you're buying a F&R set to save even more, 15% off.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Black rear is out of stock, looks like they'll leave you order but won't let you use a discount code. Silver is available and with the 15% off coupon come out to $185.45 with free shipping. Very tempting...I'm on an XL Tallboy so I shouldn't have to worry about trimming the hoses, but how hard are these to swap levers and bleed if needed? .

mtbr member
    15-extra got me brakes and rotors for $250 shipped. The bummer is I think I made the same error Chello did by ordering a front left and rear. I bet I'm getting two left levers.

mtbr member
    I'm confused on the confusion on the LH and RH levers on Wiggle.

There are three options in the drop down:
    Front
    Front (left)
    Rear

If you want a standard set, shouldn't you just order a Front (left) and a Rear?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinGT View Post
    I'm confused on the confusion on the LH and RH levers on Wiggle.

There are three options in the drop down:
    Front
    Front (left)
    Rear

If you want a standard set, shouldn't you just order a Front (left) and a Rear?
    Nope, because you'll get the same lever side, just different hose lengths. Brakes on sites like CRC or wiggle are set up moto style aka UK style where front is right lever, and rear is left lever.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Buy the brakes from a German site, I know my Zee's came LF RR from Starbike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Nope, because you'll get the same lever side, just different hose lengths. Brakes on sites like CRC or wiggle are set up moto style aka UK style where front is right lever, and rear is left lever.
    So you order Front and Front (left) to get a front and rear? Crazy brits!

mtbr member
    ^The hoses will be short still to run as a rear. Best is to stick with Front and Rear and just switch the hoses out.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Got my first pair months ago from Jenson (via price matching) for $195 shipped.

Got my second pair (silver) today from Wiggle for $185 shipped.

I'm really lovin' this thread.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Ranger View Post
    15-extra got me brakes and rotors for $250 shipped. The bummer is I think I made the same error Chello did by ordering a front left and rear. I bet I'm getting two left levers.
    Oh no!!! I ordered the same thing

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Wiggle 17off-stp

I got the silver XT brakes F/R with mounting brackets for $200 and free shipping.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by odyssey12305 View Post
    Oh no!!! I ordered the same thing
    Hahaha, looks like I did the same thing!!! Balls.

I think I'll try the moto set-up though. So where do we find a left hand rear? Or just get a normal left hand front and add a longer hose?
    great minds think a bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    for US sites (nashbar, pricepoint, bikebling, performance), do you get the standard set? I rec'd the xt brakeset from wiggle and both were left levers

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I just ordered a set of SLX brakes from Blueskycycling for $205 shipped. I would like to buy them from my LBS but they wanted $180 a wheel. Ouch!

mtbr member
    Best I am able to do with brakes (xt), rotors (ice tech, 180mm), and adapters is coming in a bit over $325.

New build, so need all items. Am I missing anything or any great deals?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    If you aren't set on ice tech rotors, you can get hayes for like a quarter of the price. Not sure the ice tech rotors are really that important in the mix...

mtbr member
    Hayes Rotors (180mm) seem to be around 25 per - if I am going to try the Ice Tech stuff, I figure its probably worth the extra 20 bucks front and rear to go with the full system. I may change to regular rotors in the future, but that wont be a deal killer. Just wanting to make sure I wasnt missing a coupon going on right now.

Thanks

Matt

mtbr member
    XT 785s (boxed, not OEM) are $112.99 at Nashbar right now. Best price I found

two wheel whore
    Ordered a set with Ice Tec rotors for a tad over 300. I use moto config on my bicycles, so I'm ok on that part. However, looks like there's a backorder on the brakes until mid-April at Wiggle.

mtbr member
    I used Jenson price match on the XT brakes and front adapter, ordered the rotors and rear adapter from Blue sky. Waiting on Jenson to ship now, Blue sky already has.

mtbr member
    Can someone school me on Ice Tech Rotors. I get the concept and all but don't see how the Ice Tech rotors warrant that price ~2x cost over standard RT75s. Anyone who upgrade and have thoughts?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    At Pricepoint, you can get a set of XT 785 front and rear for around $210 during their big sale. No word on when the sale ends. Don't know about shipping though. Use code: save big.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    At Pricepoint, you can get a set of XT 785 front and rear for around $210 during their big sale. No word on when the sale ends. Don't know about shipping though. Use code: save big.
    I just combined a price match ($110.99 each at Nashbar) with the SAVEBIG code from Pricepoint. $187 for the front/rear set delivered. I couldn't find a better deal than that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for the tip, Squak, but how do you do a price match at Pricepoint? Do you do it via an email to them or something?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Sale ends Thursday Night. I ordered this stuff the other day. Pretty good prices!

Here's my order conf. e-mail

1 115 SHI091 FNT Shimano XT M785 Disc Brake FRONT 100.02
    1 115 SHI091 RER Shimano XT M785 Disc Brake REAR 100.02
    1 280 SHIIS1 Shimano XT SM-SL78 I-Spec Brackets Pair 34.61
    1 115 SHI131 203 Shimano SM-RT86 6 Bolt Rotor 203 48.46
    1 115 SHI131 H80 Shimano SM-RT86 6 Bolt Rotor 180 44.62
    1 115 MAGQM8 QM7 MAGURA QM BRAKE ADAPTERS QM7 203mm 6.15
    PRODUCT 333.88
    TAX 0.00
    POSTAGE & HANDLING 29.99
    INSURANCE 1.29
    B Visa TOTAL $ 365.16

I did pay extra for overnight shipping and got the I-spec Brackets to go with my M-780 Shifters. With their sale I had to spend $419 to get $100 off.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jnroyal View Post
    Thanks for the tip, Squak, but how do you do a price match at Pricepoint? Do you do it via an email to them or something?
    Not sure how you do it with an online order (maybe use the comment box). I ended up placing my order over the phone because I was using a Visa gift card and a regular credit card (their website isn't set up for 2 payment methods). I just told the guy on the phone that Nashbar had the same brakes for $110.99--easy peasy. Felt kinda old school using the phone to order bike parts.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jnroyal View Post
    I took this off Priceline's website:

For online orders, please add the information to the “Additional Order Comments” box in the Payment Information section during checkout.
    If you have already placed your order, please send the information to
    custservice@pricepoint.com.

What I can't tell is if Priceline price matches before the purchase, or if you have to go through with the purchase and hope they match. Maybe call the order in?

mtbr member
    Went with the squak method at pricepoint, ended up $188 shipped, had to give a link and price in the comment box and when they processed my order they charged me for the price match amount. Still have to order adapters and rotors for a frame I don't even own yet. Anyone want to sell me their Nimble 9 large in white or black?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopbreakindown View Post
    Went with the squak method at pricepoint, ended up $188 shipped, had to give a link and price in the comment box and when they processed my order they charged me for the price match amount. Still have to order adapters and rotors for a frame I don't even own yet. Anyone want to sell me their Nimble 9 large in white or black?
    Did the same thing as Stopbreakind. Awesome price.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

deals on SLX or XT brakes

...kicking myself for missing the pricepoint sale...

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInYpsi View Post
    ...kicking myself for missing the pricepoint sale...
    Wiggle will get you close to the same deal if you use the 12-extra or 10-extra code. Just know that brakes from the UK come Left-Rear/Right-Front. Not really a big deal though because you'll probably need to shorten the hydraulic lines anyway--easy to do and Shimano includes everything you need.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

XT black rear is out of stock at wiggle currently, otherwise it would be a done deal. I'm keeping an eye peeled there to see if stock is replenished before their coupon expires.

Almost did Nashbar but I'm gonna hold out since I'm not in a hurry.

mtbr member
    Anyone uses the short lever of the XT with grip shift?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I bought my SLX brakes at Starbike for 129 euros for the set (about 170 bucks).

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Black XT's are back in stock at wiggle. Looks like their 15-extra coupon has expired but 12-extra is still working. I'm pulling the trigger on a set of XT's, adpaters, and ice-tec rotors.

two wheel whore
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInYpsi View Post
    Black XT's are back in stock at wiggle. Looks like their 15-extra coupon has expired but 12-extra is still working. I'm pulling the trigger on a set of XT's, adpaters, and ice-tec rotors.
    Before anyone orders, this is not correct. I ordered a set on March 20th(!!!), and at that time their site said 'in stock'. A few days later I received an email saying that it was back ordered, their site then was updated as back ordered until "April 15th".

I emailed them a few days ago, and looks like it's not in stock yet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    Before anyone orders, this is not correct...
    My complete order has shipped. Appears they really are in stock.

mtbr member
    Do the trail version of the brakes have a longer lever than the regular brakes?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast