mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Deal on XL Santa Cruz in 27.5 or 29

I've been looking for a great deal on a frame or complete either online or from a shop that could possibly ship. I've had no luck thus far as back country doesn't have a lot in stock in that size; not at a good price anyway. At this point it doesn't matter if its aluminum or carbon. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I am looking for the chameleon and would like to order through backcountry for cash back option but they say it is special order only. Which sucks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Does comp cyclist have it even though I know the cash back options aren't as good?

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    There are only a few places that sell SC online. The BC/CC/SnC/CL empire is one; colorado cyclist is another and I think cambria is the only other. You could also wait for another VPLS (they only have the 26" SL up right now). Bikebling doesn't ship, but they have some decent deals (XL Bronson R AM for 2800, Carbon R AM for 3500), but nothing fantastic like BC; You may be able to use BB's prices to get your LBS to price match. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Yeah good info. I'm hoping they will put up a sale here soon but kind of doubting anyting in an XL will pop up based on what people are saying. Good idea about the price match. Back country says they prefer people don't go through active junky. They didn't say why but I'm sure it just cuts into their margins. They will work with you a bit on pricing but it still doesn't touch the price you can get with active junky.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jpk1080 View Post
    Yeah good info. I'm hoping they will put up a sale here soon but kind of doubting anyting in an XL will pop up based on what people are saying. Good idea about the price match. Back country says they prefer people don't go through active junky. They didn't say why but I'm sure it just cuts into their margins. They will work with you a bit on pricing but it still doesn't touch the price you can get with active junky.
    Yeah, I mean id pull out the credit card right now if I could order the 2015 santa cruz chameleon using active junky cash back option. I mean idk why they would care if you use active junky or not. If they did not want people using it they should pull their self's from the site.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jpk1080 View Post
    Does comp cyclist have it even though I know the cash back options aren't as good?
    Nope i am pretty sure backcountry/comp cyclist are same company. Neither have it.

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    Backcountry, competitive cyclist, steep and cheap, chain love, whiskey militia are all owned by the same company and items are stocked by the same warehouse (backcountry.com) which I think is owned by some other huge conglomerate.