٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]

Deal on a good 29er fork?

Just scored a good deal on a new Highball and need would like to get the rest or the build together on a budget.

Looking for a 120mm fork with a 15mm or 20mm thru-axle. Tapered steerer is preferred but straight 1 1/8" steerer is also fine. Looking for mid-to-upper quality and 4lbs or under in weight.

Thanks in advance!

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]
    Thanks for the links. I'll have to keep the Tower Pro on my short list. I'm not very keen on Manitou given I had problems with 2 out of the 3 Manitou forksI've owned previously (Manitou Minute and 2 Sherman Firefly's). It's been a while so maybe their quality has improved.

I missed the RS Reba 29er on sale at Jenson and would love to find a deal on a Fox F29. Any others I should be thinking about?
    Last edited by MondoRides; 09-13-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Typos

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    See what bikerbob can get you. He did a smokin deal on my '12 reba, but they are 100mm max. You could go with revelation for 120.

Something I came across recently - you can get a white brothers loop from universal cycles for $606 with their vip15 discount code and free shipping. They are available anywhere from 80mm to 140mm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm in the same boat - I missed a fork sale (didn't look at the deals forum, doh!) and am looking for a good 29er fork.

I have a Specialized Carve with an 80mm fork right now. I know that 100mm can be installed on it without issues. Would there be a problem with 120mm Manitou?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    That's a good deal, thanks! Why would you need an axle, if you already have one on your existing fork? Or am I missing something?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by paulney View Post
    That's a good deal, thanks! Why would you need an axle, if you already have one on your existing fork? Or am I missing something?

he wants 15-20mm, this doesn't have one..

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]
    Quote Originally Posted by ecooke21 View Post
    he wants 15-20mm, this doesn't have one..
    Scored a Fox Float RLC on fee-Bay tonight so I think I'm set for forks. Now the wheelset hunt begins