Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sleevem1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    243

    CRC Pedals and Cranksets

    Looks lke CRC has some good deals on this week on pedals and cranksets.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleevem1 View Post
    Looks lke CRC has some good deals on this week on pedals and cranksets.
    Excellent timing. Was eyeing an XT set. $182 with BB seems to be a good deal? Anyone care to disagree or recommend another crankset to upgrade an SLX?

  3. #3
    遅すぎ
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    Excellent timing. Was eyeing an XT set. $182 with BB seems to be a good deal? Anyone care to disagree or recommend another crankset to upgrade an SLX?
    The xt and slx crank arms are very similar in weight and stiffness, the difference is in the rings, at least for the triple. I'd rather invest the money in lighter rings for half the price rather than a whole new crankset. Or get a used xtr, or look for a deal on noir or xo crankset.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by hkenshin View Post
    The xt and slx crank arms are very similar in weight and stiffness, the difference is in the rings, at least for the triple. I'd rather invest the money in lighter rings for half the price rather than a whole new crankset. Or get a used xtr, or look for a deal on noir or xo crankset.
    Thanks for the advice! It's for a single ring (SS) setup too, so I guess it would only be a cosmetic upgrade for $100 or so if I sell off the SLX. What year(s) XTR were you referring to?

  5. #5
    遅すぎ
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    328
    The xtr m975 crank arms can be found routinely in the 150-200 range in the classfieds/cl/pinkbike and before all these new fancy carbon arms came out, were consider the tops by many. They use a 104 bcd where as the m960 had some weird 102 bcd. Some people really really dig the m960 machined down for single ring use. There are some blingy picture threads either in the ss or weight weenie forum.

    To be honest, xtr is not much of an upgrade for single ring over slx/xt since I have the m660 slx, m760 xt, and the m975 xtr to compare to. They (xtr) have a different q factor and are probably 100g lighter vs xt with the stock granny and middle ring. Honestly in your position, I'd just get a very light single ring for $40 instead of spending any money on a new crankset. and use the left over cash for weight weenie.

  6. #6
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,537
    I got some XTR 980 pedals for 118 shipped. Good deal.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    I got some XTR 980 pedals for 118 shipped. Good deal.
    XT pedals are cheap too at $60. Too bad the XT M785 brakes are all out of stock. Good deals at $100 each. Ice Tech Rotors are a good price at around $40. If the stars aligned, that could've been a complete set with adapters for around $300 or less, shipped to US and no tax.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •