Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MTB B'dos

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! CRC - customer service?

Just wanted to throw this one up there for anyone looking to order from these clowns, they don't have a fvcking clue what customer service is, they do what they want and tell you that's how it's going to be.

What am I going on about? Well I've been in the market for a set of the XT 785 brakes and curious about CRC as a online supplier. They've generally had the best prices, but stock has been in and out so I've been waiting on them to get the "correct" "pair" in stock to purchase. I signed up to be notified when the items came into stock, it was always one was there, other was out of stock.

So last week I get my e-mail notification that they're both in stock and place my order, I check the next day and it's not been sent out yet despite their claim to the contrary that if all items are in stock it'll ship the same day. I check the next day, still not shipped, so I e-mail customer service and get back a prompt reply that they'll check into it. I get another e-mail shortly after saying that there was an issue with one item not having being unpacked and added to stock, but they assure me that that's not a problem and that should happen and the order shipped out by weekend.

Saturday morning I get a notification from their "Backorder" division saying that the one brake I waited to come in stock, that was shown in stock and is still showing as IN STOCK on their site is actually not in stock and they've just cancelled it off my order and are shipping the rest of the order for me. They didn't send an e-mail asking if I still wanted the order minus the part, is this all right by me, no they told me they're shipping it as is and they'll refund the money to my car, but it'll take a few days, and they're throwing me a 5pound coupon for my trouble Seriously, what sort of fvcking customer service is that

So I call CRC this morning, I ask the "CS (term used VERY loosely) what's going on, did the order ship despite my e-mail saying that I DO NOT want it if both brakes aren't in the order? She replies yes it did, that's just how we do it. So I asked her what good is one brake to me and what am I to do about the shipping I'll have to pay to get the other brake? Will she put it onto my account that the item wasn't in stock and shipping will be waived? No we cannot do that sir, we have given you the 5 pound coupon though and you can apply that to your shipping, you can refuse the order if you wish and then it'll come back to use with the same courier and then you'll be credited for the order - SERIOUSLY Seriously, what sort of fvcking customer service is that I'll be calling my CC company shortly to see about getting the entire thing refunded and report them to the Better Business Bureau in England/Ireland.

They will never see another order from me, they are a bunch of crooks

[EDITED to update a bit] SO I decided to give it a another try, maybe the "CS" rep I got was just a useless tool, so I called back and asked for the CS rep I'd been in e-mail contact with. The lady I talked with couldn't figure out who Alan M was, so she tried to help me. She was very apologetic and understanding when I explained the situation and said she totally understood. She confirmed my tel number and said she's be passing it on to a supervisor and they would get back to me. I only wish that I'd ask for the "CS" reps name earlier so I would know who to let them know lost them a customer and who now if this lady comes through has kept a customer.
    Last edited by LyNx; 12-03-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Spoke to an actual person who has a clue what CS is.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

No Stranger to danger....
    What a whiner, ive just read and answered to you thread in general discussion that is exactly the same as this one, cant believe you have written another one, how bout another one mate?

You get one order your not happy with, i get 60 over 6 years i am very happy with from CRC, that makes it 60-1 my way.

If your not happy with it send the order back in stead of crying like a girl on here......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

MTB B'dos
    I'm not crying, I am expressing my distinct displeasure about the shittyness of this encounter, that's what this site is about. In e-mail contact with them I SPECIFICALLY let them know that 1 brake was of no use to me and I did not want the order if that was the case, the e-mail I received just telling me they were cancelling the brake off the order and sending the rest of the stuff was UNACCEPTABLE.

When I called the "CS" rep offered no such solution as you've received, which is the same thing I've received from my countless orders over the past 8 years with JensonUSA - they don't have it in stock, but showed in stock, they messed up, order is left as open, parts in stock shipped and part(s) shipped when in stock FOC.

If this turns out to be one shitty CS rep who shouldn't have a job, then I will update this as such and give the full story, but as of now it stands as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    What a whiner, ive just read and answered to you thread in general discussion that is exactly the same as this one, cant believe you have written another one, how bout another one mate?

You get one order your not happy with, i get 60 over 6 years i am very happy with from CRC, that makes it 60-1 my way.

If your not happy with it send the order back in stead of crying like a girl on here......
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    A lot of people have had similar problems with CRC. It seems the stock indications on their site are not 'real time' ie the stock register isn't actually updated until the items are picked. But during that time lag between you clicking 'buy' and your order being fulfilled, there could be any number of buyers of the same item ahead of you in the queue that run the stock out. CRC are even up front about the fact that anyone who pays extra for immediate shipping will jump the queue.

This contrasts with some other big online sites (most notably the German ones) who update their web site stock levels immediately. So, for example, a couple of days ago I bought a pair of wheels from one German site, and the instant I clicked 'add to basket' the item changed to out of stock on the main page, showing that I'd nabbed the last pair.

Its a tradeoff for the retailer - immediate updating of stock risks losing a couple of sales as 'window shoppers' add things to their baskets and so they show out of stock to others, but then don't go thru with the purchase. However, to do it the CRC way risks upsetting customers who tried to buy something showing in stock to subsequently find out it wasn't. At the end of the day, they've chosen to run their business this way, and presumably have a reason for doing so!

None of this excuses bad customer service of course, but I hope it explains why CRC seem to run into this kind of problem more often than some other retailers...
    Last edited by PerthMTB; 12-03-2012 at 06:44 AM.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Yep CRC customer service sucks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I just had this happen to me as well. It kinda sucks but what can you do. From now on if I need something quickly or a set of something, I'll buy elsewhere. Otherwise, the prices are generally fantastic. It's good to have them as an option.

Ow!
    Seems every seller has been a problem for somebody. My one and only experience with CRC was not good, but there are more people that think they are good than think they are bad. I just decided to go somewhere else for future purposes (and considering if there is a problem, I have to return it overseas). As time goes by, I might order from them again, but, so far, not checking them out very often when I need something.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthMTB View Post
    A lot of people have had similar problems with CRC. It seems the stock indications on their site are not 'real time' ie the stock register isn't actually updated until the items are picked.
    CRC has real time stock. Just add anything to the cart and edit the quantity to something stupid like over 100+ and you'll see the cart being properly adjusted to what is in stock at the current moment.

I've been a happy customer of CRC and will continue being one.

mtbr member
    I have had great CS with CRC. I had an issue recently that was instantly resolved beyond what I thought was fair. They have a lifelong customer with me.

mtbr member
    CRC has real time stock. Just add anything to the cart and edit the quantity to something stupid like over 100+ and you'll see the cart being properly adjusted to what is in stock at the current moment.
    Are you sure? I just tried it with the M785 brake the OP had the original problem with. True, it would only allow me to put six units in my basket as it said this was all that was available, but the item continued to show as "in stock" on the main page, so presumably others could be adding six to their basket at the same time - no?

MTB B'dos
    Seems your little trick works, wish I'd known about this when I was placing my order.
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post

MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post

I'll do that next time I place an order. Thanks

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by clydecrash View Post
    Seems every seller has been a problem for somebody.
    Exactly, i have had an issue with CRC and Wiggle (non arriving shipments) but i have literally built about 8 bikes from these 2 online bike shops and everything else im wearing, drinking out of, eating ect.
    They have free postage and their price are really good so i go back.
    Would love to support the LBS's and i do when i can but its really the distributor/importer you are supporting, LBS make very little these days trying to compete with online.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Is it normal for a parcel shipped by Royal Mail to be delayed?
    It has been more than 3 weeks and I still have not received my order from CRC!

banned
    Dec 2006

Agree 100%

MTB B'dos
    Just an update......Received an e-mail from the CS rep I was dealing with to confirm he found one of the brakes in stock, opened to check it was actually the correct one and has shipped it off to me priority. So, guess as of right now I'm quite happy with how this turned out, I feel I received some absolutely shitty CS from the first person I talked to on the phone, but luckily called back to find out that that was in fact an anomaly and in fact CRC has good CS and does try their best. I will now wait and see if/when my packages arrive and close this thread.

Thanks to all who listened on here and at CRC, obviously some of those on here are like that first CS rep and don't have a clue, while others are like the majority of other CS reps who have a clue
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydesg View Post
    Is it normal for a parcel shipped by Royal Mail to be delayed?
    It has been more than 3 weeks and I still have not received my order from CRC!
    It is close to Christmas. Mail slows down. You went the budget/free Royal Mail option. It can take a while at this time of year. If speed of delivery and tracking are important to you it is worth the freight upgrade IMHO.

The last parcel I had from the UK (I am in Australia, about 1 month ago) the parcel made it to customs in about a week. It sat in customs 8 miles from my house for over a week before being delivered.
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

Plan #123-D
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzikatzi View Post
    It is close to Christmas. Mail slows down. You went the budget/free Royal Mail option. It can take a while at this time of year. If speed of delivery and tracking are important to you it is worth the freight upgrade IMHO.

The last parcel I had from the UK (I am in Australia, about 1 month ago) the parcel made it to customs in about a week. It sat in customs 8 miles from my house for over a week before being delivered.
    FYI, I'm in the States and I ordered a set of wheels last year around Thanksgiving. They arrived 2 months later, last week in January. I used the free shipping. Kind of pissed because I bought them specifically for a ride over my holiday break and couldn't use them, obviously. But, I paid half of what I could find elsewhere. Definitely some slow down due the holidays I'm sure.
    Last edited by The_Aaron; 12-04-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typo
    C'mon lets go for a whirl.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I had an order that was shipped Royal and after 3 weeks they cancelled it and sent it DHL. I got it 2 days later. I gave them another shot 2 weeks ago and ordered the XT brakes in black with black hose. I paid the extra for DHL shipping ($20) and got them in 4 days. The only problem was that they are silver with black hose. I kept them because I didn't want to go through having to send them back from the U.S. but I think I am done with them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    They just reshipped my items by Royal Mail.
    I wonder if it will ever get to me?

bog
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Just wanted to throw this one up there for anyone looking to order from these clowns, they don't have a fvcking clue what customer service is, they do what they want and tell you that's how it's going to be.

What am I going on about? Well I've been in the market for a set of the XT 785 brakes and curious about CRC as a online supplier. They've generally had the best prices, but stock has been in and out so I've been waiting on them to get the "correct" "pair" in stock to purchase. I signed up to be notified when the items came into stock, it was always one was there, other was out of stock.

So last week I get my e-mail notification that they're both in stock and place my order, I check the next day and it's not been sent out yet despite their claim to the contrary that if all items are in stock it'll ship the same day. I check the next day, still not shipped, so I e-mail customer service and get back a prompt reply that they'll check into it. I get another e-mail shortly after saying that there was an issue with one item not having being unpacked and added to stock, but they assure me that that's not a problem and that should happen and the order shipped out by weekend.

Saturday morning I get a notification from their "Backorder" division saying that the one brake I waited to come in stock, that was shown in stock and is still showing as IN STOCK on their site is actually not in stock and they've just cancelled it off my order and are shipping the rest of the order for me. They didn't send an e-mail asking if I still wanted the order minus the part, is this all right by me, no they told me they're shipping it as is and they'll refund the money to my car, but it'll take a few days, and they're throwing me a 5pound coupon for my trouble Seriously, what sort of fvcking customer service is that

So I call CRC this morning, I ask the "CS (term used VERY loosely) what's going on, did the order ship despite my e-mail saying that I DO NOT want it if both brakes aren't in the order? She replies yes it did, that's just how we do it. So I asked her what good is one brake to me and what am I to do about the shipping I'll have to pay to get the other brake? Will she put it onto my account that the item wasn't in stock and shipping will be waived? No we cannot do that sir, we have given you the 5 pound coupon though and you can apply that to your shipping, you can refuse the order if you wish and then it'll come back to use with the same courier and then you'll be credited for the order - SERIOUSLY Seriously, what sort of fvcking customer service is that I'll be calling my CC company shortly to see about getting the entire thing refunded and report them to the Better Business Bureau in England/Ireland.

They will never see another order from me, they are a bunch of crooks

[EDITED to update a bit] SO I decided to give it a another try, maybe the "CS" rep I got was just a useless tool, so I called back and asked for the CS rep I'd been in e-mail contact with. The lady I talked with couldn't figure out who Alan M was, so she tried to help me. She was very apologetic and understanding when I explained the situation and said she totally understood. She confirmed my tel number and said she's be passing it on to a supervisor and they would get back to me. I only wish that I'd ask for the "CS" reps name earlier so I would know who to let them know lost them a customer and who now if this lady comes through has kept a customer.
    Hmmm, I came into this forum looking for the Best Deals and I get to see this. Take it to another forum, it doesn't belong here.
    SC Tallboy C : SC Nomad 3 : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    When you play online inventory russian roulette, sometimes, you get zee bullet.

You can't blame CC for that. You tried to game their system, and it bit you back.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    I've been in the same initial situation with the XT 785 brakes from CRC- they stock for front/rear and colour is constantly fluctuating.

I pretty much got around the whole potential human error mess by just ordering what was in stock and not worrying too much about matching colours. So I got a nice new set of brakes in five days (international shipping)... and I don't care that the hoses are different colours.

It does appear that the first rep you spoke with was exceptionally useless.

CRC is known for less-than-sterling email service so I don't even try that channel. If necessary, I'll call them, but most times I just make do with what is usually a pretty good inventory selection. They're bloody cheap, so I don't expect razor sharp email responses.

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by aperzigian View Post
    FYI, I'm in the States and I ordered a set of wheels last year around Thanksgiving. They arrived 2 months later, last week in January. I used the free shipping. Kind of pissed because I bought them specifically for a ride over my holiday break and couldn't use them, obviously. But, I paid half of what I could find elsewhere. Definitely some slow down due the holidays I'm sure.
    Well i would suggest its the mail service in the states thats the problem, i get mine within two weeks in Australia no mater if its in christmas time or not...
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Well i would suggest its the mail service in the states thats the problem, i get mine within two weeks in Australia no mater if its in christmas time or not...
    This, I'm not in the US as well and I always get my stuff from CRC in less than 1 week, never ever had a problem with their shipping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast