mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Crankbrothers Pedal/Wheelset Swap Deal

Saw this in the current issue of Mountain Flyer - sounds like a decent deal. For the pedals u send in yours for $9 (Shipping) and pay $60 for Candy 3, Eggbeaters 3 or Mallet 3 pedals.

There's also a similar offer for their wheel sets - wonder if i can send in 26"s and get some 29"s?

+++ CrankBrothers - Service + Upgrade Center +++

Anyone taken them up on this deal? Feedback?

-dx

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Big whoopdeedo. Does anyone ever pay full retail for their gear? Regular sales would push these products to similar pricing.

Please don't be offended by my response, it's targetted at their marketing methods.

Knob scrubber
    Had a set of Cobalt wheels, worst wheels ever! Sure they looked great, but you get sick of having to true them every other week.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Real men do it in the dirt

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Finksta View Post
    Had a set of Cobalt wheels, worst wheels ever! Sure they looked great, but you get sick of having to true them every other week.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    I've heard a lot of complaints about their wheel sets. Seems like a lot of the more expensive brands do. I looked at Havens and Cranks last year. Havens had loads of issues with the bearings and cranks seemed to taco. I got a set of Stan's flows which have been very resilient for me.

-dx