mtbr member

Crank Brothers pedals @ Dealextreme?

They carry three types. I'm thinking about getting the black ones that look pretty light. Are these legit? The packaging looks genric though.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Post up your experience- it'd be strange if real CB stuff was going through DX.

Though at those prices, I'd go Wellgo MG1s anyway. Same price, way better user reports and better personal experience.

mtbr member
    they are more than likely knock off!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    The gold/pink ones might be legit (albeit last years model) but the solid black and blue "50/50" ones are definitely knock offs. 50/50 pedals are suppose to come in two colors... hence the name. Actually, the black and blue pedals are not even knock offs ... just some other off brand pedal with the Crank Brothers logo on it.
    Killing it with close inspection.

Its got what plants crave
    Wouldn't surprise me if CB was relabeling them given all of the quality control issues CB has. Everyone I have ever known who has had their Eggbeaters or Candy pedals has broken them at least twice before deciding to buy something else.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if CB was relabeling them given all of the quality control issues CB has. Everyone I have ever known who has had their Eggbeaters or Candy pedals has broken them at least twice before deciding to buy something else.
    I have 4 pair between my bikes and my wifes. Never had any issues except on one of my candies 1 spindle bent in after being obliterated by some rocks. Didn't break, just bent. I will never buy anything but CB pedals and I suggest them to everyone I know.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Dealextreme is running at least A MONTH behind in processing orders. I had good luck with them in the past. Now they are just garbage. After hundreds of paypal transactions from all over the internet buying stuff, I find myself for the first time ever, fighting with dealextreme on a refund.
    Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by qdawgg View Post
    I have 4 pair between my bikes and my wifes. Never had any issues except on one of my candies 1 spindle bent in after being obliterated by some rocks. Didn't break, just bent. I will never buy anything but CB pedals and I suggest them to everyone I know.
    Uh, this doesn't strike you as an 'issue'? Most other brands of pedal stand up to heavy rock strikes just fine without bending.

@Apache- yeah, my latest DX order is about a month out. Apparently it 'shipped' a week ago, but as I live 1 business day away from their post office, I'm not sure what they even mean by 'shipped'.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by djork View Post
    They carry three types. I'm thinking about getting the black ones that look pretty light. Are these legit? The packaging looks genric though.
    I would stay away from DX if I was looking for the real thing...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by womble View Post
    Uh, this doesn't strike you as an 'issue'? Most other brands of pedal stand up to heavy rock strikes just fine without bending.

@Apache- yeah, my latest DX order is about a month out. Apparently it 'shipped' a week ago, but as I live 1 business day away from their post office, I'm not sure what they even mean by 'shipped'.
    No. The spindles have no real protection if you hit something. In the 4 - 5 years that I have been using CB pedals and with all the times the spindles have had "strikes" against the terrain I've only had 1 spindle bend. So personally I don't think it's a big deal.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    I like Eggbeaters, but they are the only pedal I have broken instead of worn out(shimano/time /ritchey). I like Eggbeaters but I will go back to Time or Shimano. Damn, all 3 bikes will be some dough.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by apacherider View Post
    Dealextreme is running at least A MONTH behind in processing orders. I had good luck with them in the past. Now they are just garbage. After hundreds of paypal transactions from all over the internet buying stuff, I find myself for the first time ever, fighting with dealextreme on a refund.
    Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.
    I have used them a few times in the past with no problems.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by djork View Post
    @OP - why not put a link? Their site is a bit crazy to navigate.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    crank pedals - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

they range from 33 to 45. How come the models look completely different. I haven't seen the wellgos come back in stock.