on my 3rd wind...

New question here. Conti Vert 2.3 tire from Performance

Six to eight months ago Performance had a smoking deal on Conti Vertical 2.3 pro (not a ust or protection version) tire. I think they were selling them for about $20. I stocked up on 4 of them; I have been running Vert 2.3 UST for about 4 years on and off. The other day I finally got a chance to use those tire but when I installed on the rim it was more like 2.1. When I compared to one of my old Ver 2.3 UST, it was way narrower! Same exact width as Panaracer Fire XC 2.1. It cleary say's it's Vertical 2.3 on the sidewall but it's a narrow 2.1 tire in my opinion. I am already aware that Vertical 2.3 tires are narrower (from owning many of them) than other brand but this is x2. Did Continental accidentally stamped Vertical 2.3 on their Explorer? Anyone seen the same? I am thnking about returning them because they are way too narrow for my liking.

STH

mtbr member
    no, continental didnt mis-stamp them. the 2.3" continental vert. pros are just kinda narrow. i run 2.24" wtb motoraptors and the 2.3 vert pros are narrower than the wtbs. every tire maker measures their tires differently i guess.

on my 3rd wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by InvictaS1
    no, continental didnt mis-stamp them. the 2.3" continental vert. pros are just kinda narrow. i run 2.24" wtb motoraptors and the 2.3 vert pros are narrower than the wtbs. every tire maker measures their tires differently i guess.
    I am fully aware of Conti's narrower sizing from owning many Vertcal 2.3UST. Then why is set I bought from Performance visibly much narrower than my old set when compared side by side. I even compared side by side with a friend who has Vertical 2.3 (non-ust) on his bike two days ago. He couldn't believe how narrow mine was when compared to his. Neetherless to say, we were both dumb founded.

Unless Conti has resized their Vert 2.3 within a year and made them another 15% narrower...

I will post side by side pix on my old conti vert vs. new. Until then, I may have hard time convincing many folks due to the naturallly narrower sizing Conti tires.