Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009

Competitive Cyclist

Just wanted to give them props. I bought a yeti asr5 carbon from huck and roll about a year ago. During a tear down of the bike to my horror I found a crack in the swingarm. I first contacted yeti and they told me all issues had to be processed through a yeti dealer. So I called huck and roll and came to find out that competitive cyclist had taken them over.
    So I talked to the rep and stated my situation. I was concerned about getting the swingarm replaced. He quickly said no worries we will cover you under the no questions asked warranty on the frame. I was like what ?? He said ya we have a no questions asked warranty and proceeded to tell me that he could refund me the entire purchase amount or apply the amount to a new frame ! I paid $1700 for the frame about a year ago. I was so stoked. So I went ahead and applied the refunded amount to a new Blur TRC frame. I don't know how this company makes any money with such a warranty but I am not complaining. So essentially. I rode a frame for a year, cracked it and they gave me a entirely new frame. I did have to pay a little extra because the trc costs more than the the yeti. But the trc was on sale so it was only $200 more ! I am so stoked. I can't see buying a frame or bike from anywhere else if they continue to offer this kind of warranty. No brainier in my book. Thank you Competitive Cyclist !!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It's is the reason I picked up my mojo hd from them. Hope they can manage to keep this up forever.

bog
    mtbr member
    They've been mostly great for me to deal with. Good thing too because Yeti has been mostly awful with my warranty situations (sorry for the rant).

I'll never be worried about buying anything from Comp Cyclist!
    SC Tallboy C : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL DA9070

mtbr member
    Backcountry.com and its sister sites are FTMFW!!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sofarider1 View Post
    Just wanted to give them props. I bought a yeti asr5 carbon from huck and roll about a year ago. During a tear down of the bike to my horror I found a crack in the swingarm. I first contacted yeti and they told me all issues had to be processed through a yeti dealer. So I called huck and roll and came to find out that had taken them over.
    So I talked to the rep and stated my situation. I was concerned about getting the swingarm replaced. He quickly said no worries we will cover you under the no questions asked warranty on the frame. I was like what ?? He said ya we have a no questions asked warranty and proceeded to tell me that he could refund me the entire purchase amount or apply the amount to a new frame ! I paid $1700 for the frame about a year ago. I was so stoked. So I went ahead and applied the refunded amount to a new Blur TRC frame. I don't know how this company makes any money with such a warranty but I am not complaining. So essentially. I rode a frame for a year, cracked it and they gave me a entirely new frame. I did have to pay a little extra because the trc costs more than the the yeti. But the trc was on sale so it was only $200 more ! I am so stoked. I can't see buying a frame or bike from anywhere else if they continue to offer this kind of warranty. No brainier in my book. Thank you !!!
    You can't go wrong with CC. I've heard some similar stories from friends and every single one can't rant on CC. Their warranties are just superb!

mtbr member
    I went thru a very protracted, goof infected, huge $ sale w them just when BC bought them up. The transaction was ultimately voided out, but they never lost their cool (tho some hid out!).

To the statement of them losing money because of warranty,I'll say their standing by me as a customer did have me buying a bike from them a few months later, despite their earlier business/build screw-ups. It was my experience overall that will have me looking at CC (w the BC credo) next for my bike/part purchase if possible.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sofarider1 View Post
    Just wanted to give them props. I bought a yeti asr5 carbon from huck and roll about a year ago. During a tear down of the bike to my horror I found a crack in the swingarm. I first contacted yeti and they told me all issues had to be processed through a yeti dealer. So I called huck and roll and came to find out that had taken them over.
    *********************l/QK4EL[/IMG]
    So I talked to the rep and stated my situation. I was concerned about getting the swingarm replaced. He quickly said no worries we will cover you under the no questions asked warranty on the frame. I was like what ?? He said ya we have a no questions asked warranty and proceeded to tell me that he could refund me the entire purchase amount or apply the amount to a new frame ! I paid $1700 for the frame about a year ago. I was so stoked. So I went ahead and applied the refunded amount to a new Blur TRC frame. I don't know how this company makes any money with such a warranty but I am not complaining. So essentially. I rode a frame for a year, cracked it and they gave me a entirely new frame. I did have to pay a little extra because the trc costs more than the the yeti. But the trc was on sale so it was only $200 more ! I am so stoked. I can't see buying a frame or bike from anywhere else if they continue to offer this kind of warranty. No brainier in my book. Thank you !!!
    They are a great company
    Last edited by gridtalker; 11-15-2012 at 05:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalmon View Post
    I went thru a very protracted, goof infected, huge $ sale w them just when BC bought them up. The transaction was ultimately voided out, but they never lost their cool (tho some hid out!).

To the statement of them losing money because of warranty,I'll say their standing by me as a customer did have me buying a bike from them a few months later, despite their earlier business/build screw-ups. It was my experience overall that will have me looking at CC (w the BC credo) next for my bike/part purchase if possible.
    Does anyone know what he's trying to say?
    Hilarious.

ouch....
    Great to hear companies like that with amazing customer service. Def makes you want to be a repeat customer huh?
    Riding.....

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Bought a pricy saddle from them a few years ago. Rode with it 4 or 5 times before realizing my ass was never going to get along with it. They gave me the option of a full refund for the dirty used saddle. But I went with store credit and bought some other stuff. Amazing service.

mtbr member
    Backcountry runs a great operation, it's no wonder they are so successful.

mtbr member
    For me, it's pretty simple. If you want me to buy the maximum amount of gear, offer me (in order of importance):

1. great prices
    2. a lifetime satisfaction guarantee
    3. decent selection
    4. free shipping
    5. no restocking fees on returns
    6. good-enough customer service
    7. free return shipping
    8. price-matching

Competitive/Backcountry comes closest, by far. They have the first six. They have discounted flat-rate return shipping, and they'll sometimes pricematch if you ask them. No one else comes very close.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I purchased a Yeti ASR-5c frame earlier this year, along with a King headset, and Fox talas fork. I built up the bike, rode it a few times and decided that it was totally the wrong direction for me. I was bummed that I was going to have to sell the bike for a loss. Then I remembered the "no questions asked returns" policy. I was skeptical at first, but I called up, explained my situation, and they basically said "send it back and we'll refund you in full". I tore the frame down and sent it back (I paid for return shipping, totally fine with me). When it arrived, they gave me a full refund.

This second time around, I was smarter and demo'd a few bikes before I decided to throw down a huge amount of cash. I called them back and ordered a Tallboy Carbon w/full XTR. They gave me a killer deal, and I spent nearly 3x what I did on my original order with them.

I felt very fortunate that they have the return policy that they do, and hope that people don't abuse it. Without it I wouldn't have ended up with what I consider the perfect FS 29er for me. I love my Tallboy and will continue to support Competitive Cyclist whenever possible.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel j View Post
    i felt very fortunate that they have the return policy that they do, and hope that people don't abuse it.
    +1.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I do agree with what people are saying about great customer service.
    Unfortunately, they do not offer the "no questions asked returns" on orders made through Backcountry. I called last week about returning a product and I was told that anything purchased from Backcountry only had a 60 day return policy.

Eric

mtbr member
    Well, the top of their homepage says "100% Guaranteed Lifetime Unconditional Returns." So, maybe they just had it in for you.

Paste eater
    Backcountry and all sister sites are really in a class of their own. The amount of money I've given them is horrifying. Also don't feel a bit better 'buying local' as a UT resident. The tax part sucks, but getting it the next day free ground doesn't.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Oldmanbike,

They may have, I never got past the "does it apply to purchases from Backcountry" part. I was told that Backcountry only had a 60 day return policy.
    Oh, well, win some, lose some.

Eric

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbyred View Post
    Oldmanbike,

They may have, I never got past the "does it apply to purchases from Backcountry" part. I was told that Backcountry only had a 60 day return policy.
    Oh, well, win some, lose some.

Eric
    Hey check your PMs and get back with me please. Thanks.