mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Common part SO hard to find

I'm so close to being able to make my new front wheel, but for some reason I'm stuck with only 14 of the spokes for the drive-side, and I need 16.

I have looked EVERYWHERE for the spokes, it seems like it should be simple enough... but I need straight-pull (or "I-end") 266 mm spokes and I can't find them for sale anywhere. It would be great if I could buy just 4 but I'll buy 50 or 32 if I could only find them. The only place I found some was Airbomb, and I hate Airbomb. No, their search engine and navigation would not lead me to them, but bestbikebuys did. They want 11 dollars shipping for a little wad of spokes!!!! Might as well buy a whole wheel from the LBS just for the shipping? I'm not going to pay that, they could put them in a padded envelope, 11 bucks is absolutely reetarded on a 17 dollar, quarter-pound order.

Does anyone know anywhere that has straight-pull spokes and doesn't need to make 400% profit? They can't be that rare, so many people use them and so many people break them.

No, that's not phonetic
    I would post this on the wheel board and put "looking for straight pull spokes" in the subject.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    What about Bikeman? Its a full bag of 50 though.....

http://www.bikemannetwork.com/biking/p/WM0266

If you want individual spokes I would try calling around to some places. Speedgoat, Webcyclery, maybe some small places, etc. A lot of times if you just talk to them they're more than happy to pull some spokes and sell them individually. Just some suggestions. Good luck!

Freshly Fujified

Try Mike Garcia

www.oddsandendos.com. Phone number is 866.292.0124. Didn't see them listed on their web site, but they may very well have the straight pulls you need.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I do not consider straight pull spokes a "common part."

Just one of the reason I stay away from System wheels and/or hubs that do not use j-bend spokes.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    Here's a crazy idea... How about a local bike shop? They should be anywhere between 0.50$ to a buck....

If you don't have a bike shop close buy... Ring the closest one and they'll tell you what they can get from their supplier.

Shop online for big items... for all the small stuff, your LBS is there just for you!
    ADSVMQ :: Quebec mountain bike trail advocacy group www.ADSVMQ.org

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I tried that twice that did work for the J-spokes when I needed them though.

Ex-Clydesdale
    Doh... just had to go check the box I have... DT Swiss 2.0 x 1.8 x 269, so they're 3mm longer than you need. Old spokes I've had laying around for years when I built up Pulstar wheels.
    '94 RSBikes Stampede (commuter), '05 Prophet, '09 Scattante XRL Team, '10 Slice 4
    Retired: 97 C-DaleSuper-V, 05 C-Dale R5000