Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Check Out My Performance Bike Delivery Schedule. WTF

No knock on Performance since the item was on backorder but look at this.

Carrier ID: 02002884724001905918
    Manifest ID: 1684802
    Est. in Home 09/14/2006
    DateTimeDescriptionLocation
    September 9, 20068:16 AMSortation Center DepartureMARTINSBURG, WV
    September 5, 20068:42 PMSortation Center ArrivalMARTINSBURG, WV
    September 5, 20069:00 AMPickupCHAPEL HILL, NC

WTF is going on in Martinsburg, WV. Holy $hit. 4 days to SORT.

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppie58
    Sortation Center Arrival
    Sortation?

Edit --> Holy crap - it really is a word.

NOUN: Sorting, especially when mechanized or automated: the sortation of baggage; sortation of parcels.
    Last edited by forkboy; 09-11-2006 at 07:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Could've been a mechanical failure but most likely an executive failure

Hack Racer
    maybe the fork lift ran over the bike?

Don't touch me!
    Yup, I had the same experience.
    Performancebike service is pretty shaky?
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]MCM# eleventy billion

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2006
    You picked the USPS/Smartpost option. Bad idea.

I warned about this. It takes forever. My sat in sorting for 8 days. It just sits there and sits there. Took 15 days to get accross country.

Performance Bike online = Sucks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I live in Raleigh, about 20 miles from Chapel Hill. They shipped an XT cassette for me normal shipping. After a day or so of packing in the Chapel Hill store it went to West Virginia and sat there for about a week. On day 11 I called and cancelled the order because they wouldn't refund my money before then. The cassette arrived on day 15 and I sent it back because I had already gotten another one at a local store.

mtbr member
    I didn't pick that Smartpost, I just did regular shippng. Guess that is what they use. It's terrible. I'm in no rush for the product but it would be nice not to wait 2 weeks for something I paid for.

I have some patience with Performance right now because I'm sure they were just SLAMMED with that 20% and .99 shipping deal. Things seemed to take a day or two to get out the door. Then with smartpost add another 10 days.

Goodnews, its finally in michigan. Still took the Michigan sortation center 14 hours to sort out and send on its way. The pony express was faster.

mtbr member
    I feel your pain.

Manifest ID: 1680948
    Est. in Home 09/12/2006
    Date Time Description Location
    September 12, 2006 12:38 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
    September 7, 2006 5:56 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
    September 6, 2006 6:34 AM Sortation Center Departure MARTINSBURG, WV
    September 2, 2006 2:32 AM Sortation Center Arrival MARTINSBURG, WV
    September 2, 2006 12:01 AM Pickup CHAPEL HILL, NC

on my 3rd wind...
    I got sucked into that $0.99 shipping too. They never mention that if you use $0.99 shippping code it will take minimum 10 days. When I called to see if item was shipped on day 5, they couldn't tell me which courier will be delivering and when...WTF! I was stressing because courier could have left the item in my front door while I was away on my vacation. How can I inform the courier (UPS, FedEx, or USPS) not to do that when myself and Performance has no idea who will be delivering and when.

From now on no more of that stupid 99cent shipping promo. Don't need that headache!

BTW, it took over 13days!
    sth

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Est. in Home 09/14/2006
    Date Time Description Location
    September 8, 2006 1:43 AM Sortation Center Arrival MARTINSBURG, WV
    September 7, 2006 3:00 PM Pickup CHAPEL HILL, NC

I ordered exactly one week ago and its been sitting in sortation for four days. But it said last Sat. (9/9/06) that it left sortation at 6:00AM then for some reason I guess they changed their mind . It was the same .99 cent shipping crap.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    My recent order was a real winner. Have you ever seen an order make it to the destination (Orlando, FL in this case) and then take a hard West turn and detour to LA before returning back to Orlando?

Sortation Center Departure 06:50 AM 09/06/2006 ORLANDO, FL
    Sortation Center Departure 06:59 AM 09/01/2006 GROVE CITY, OH
    Sortation Center Arrival 10:23 AM 08/31/2006 GROVE CITY, OH
    Sortation Center Departure 02:20 PM 08/29/2006 LOS ANGELES, CA
    Sortation Center Arrival 02:35 AM 08/25/2006 ORLANDO, FL
    Sortation Center Departure 01:26 AM 08/24/2006 MARTINSBURG, WV
    Sortation Center Arrival 03:01 AM 08/23/2006 MARTINSBURG, WV
    Pickup 03:00 PM 08/22/2006 CHAPEL HILL, NC

It does seem strange that there was no departure from Orlando so perhaps it was a glitch and was never here. I went from very happy when I saw the arrival to complete disbelief when I checked it later and found it was in LA. Good times...

I just let one RIP
    'course, if you are team performance member, they upgrade your shipping to 2nd day at no extra charge.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Since we're all posting our Performance goose chases, I thought I'd post mine LOL

August 24, 2006 2:41 PM Delivered SAN FRANCISCO,CA
    August 24, 2006 4:21 AM Enroute SAN FRANCISCO,CA
    August 24, 2006 2:27 AM USPS Entry NAPOLEON STREET, CA
    August 23, 2006 11:46 PM Sortation Center Departure SAN PABLO, CA
    August 22, 2006 9:40 AM Sortation Center Arrival SAN PABLO, CA
    August 20, 2006 7:01 AM Sortation Center Departure MARTINSBURG, WV
    August 12, 2006 12:09 AM Sortation Center Arrival MARTINSBURG, WV
    August 11, 2006 3:00 PM Pickup CHAPEL HILL, NC

8 days "Sorting" in Martinsburgh. Curse you Martinsburg!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Transit times are not the responsibility of the retailer but rather the shipping company. Since I paid 99 cents for shipping I really don't mind the week or so wait. They do have options for expedited shipping for those who want your order faster. You can't expect everything for free.

September 11, 2006 10:45 AM Delivered STATEN ISLAND,NY
    September 11, 2006 7:26 AM Arrival at Unit STATEN ISLAND,NY
    September 11, 2006 5:13 AM Sortation Center Departure EDISON, NJ
    September 7, 2006 4:57 PM Sortation Center Arrival EDISON, NJ
    September 7, 2006 4:56 PM Sortation Center Departure MARTINSBURG, WV
    September 7, 2006 3:20 AM Sortation Center Arrival MARTINSBURG, WV
    September 6, 2006 3:00 PM Pickup CHAPEL HILL, NC

on my 3rd wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwiffle
    'course, if you are team performance member, they upgrade your shipping to 2nd day at no extra charge.
    Hope you are being sacastic because I've been a member for last 5 years and was told by a customer rep that 0.99 promo does not upgreade to 2-day FedEx when I called to check the shipping status.
    sth

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    THANK GOD my recent order [last week] will sit at my sister in law's until I return to California during Christmas holiday.

So Performance you've got 4 months to get that REBA 29er to SoCal !!! Don't drop the ball.

Thankfully I ordered VERY early.
    Grand claims demand grand proof.

mtbr member
    I don't think anybody is really blaming Performance. The do take a day longer than most to process, but when getting .99 shipping and 20% off, thats fine.

Its the freaking shipping process. My shipping has been in Michigan for two days. The location is just under 3 hours from my house. With computers and bar codes, WTF could make things take so freaking LONG.

I honestly believe they are either walking the package or they a lot of 'union' breaks.

September 11, 200611:38 PMSortation Center DepartureBELLEVILLE, MI
    September 11, 20069:02 AMSortation Center ArrivalBELLEVILLE, MI
    September 9, 20068:16 AMSortation Center DepartureMARTINSBURG, WV
    September 5, 20068:42 PMSortation Center ArrivalMARTINSBURG, WV
    September 5, 20069:00 AMPickupCHAPEL HILL, NC

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwiffle
    They do for items that aren't backordered. I placed an order last month and got the in stock items in two days due to being a team performance member. The other (backordered) items are taking over a week to be shipped via FedEx Smartpost. It's not clear to me if this is FedEx or USPS. The tracking info has a footnote which indicates tracking info from USPS, yet I don't see a footnote reference in the actual tracking data. Regardless, it's slow.
    Last edited by KevinB; 09-13-2006 at 10:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The cheapest method of shipping yields the longest transit time since the packages are essentially "forgotten" until the sorting facility has time to deal with them. Expedited packages are dealt with first since the shipper paid for them to be handled quicker, and in many cases with a time guarantee. Bulk packages qualify for a better rate due to volume. My guess is there are 2 stages of waiting to get the bulk rate. Performance is holding out on processing some orders so they will qualify for better pricing and FedEx is holding out to qualify for better pricing from USPS, hence the time spent in the sorting facilities. As far as the 99 cents goes, I doubt it covers the handling cost of the package.

OldTeen
    Jun 2004
    99 cent shipping= you get what you pay for. True for Performance of any other webtailer.
    Often the extra time is not an issue. If it is, then spring for 2nd day shipping.

mtbr member
    Wow I had the same experience with Performance a couple of weeks ago. I was thinking it was just me. It took 10 days for my order to get here. Including 5 days at sort.

on my 3rd wind...
    Let’s get this straight!

It seems like some folks were able to get 2nd day FedEx if they are a Team Performance member? Lucky you. If so, why didn't I get that same automatic upgrade? I am also a member and entered my team member # during checkout and used my points for further discount. WTF??? Why such an inconsistency?

If had a slightest clue that it would take close to 15 days to deliver, I would have not opted for 99cent shipping. I would have pay the normal shipping fee to get the normal 2nd day FedEx delivery for being a Team Performance member.

I guess whole point is that Performance never mentioned anywhere that if you use the 99cent coupon code, delivery time will be 10 to 15days after item leaves their door. Also, it was never stated anywhere that 99cent will void auto 2nd day FedEx delivery to their members.
    sth

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Its petty and extremely literal but the 99 cents upgrade is for "Standard" shipping whereas your team membership will upgrade "Regular" to 2-Day (in select areas).

mtbr member
    And if you had arranged the same type of shipping through speedgoat or jenson would you have made the same complaint? Or does the fact that it's from Performance give you just enough justification to gripe about the delays? I buy lots of stuff from Performance because, as Team Member, I accumulate the points. If I am in a hurry I pay for upgraded shipping or head to the LBS. If you want to complain, complain about the USPS and their sh!tty processing.
    Vecsus

HTFU or STFU

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast