mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Cheapest place for Super Tacky Minions?

Pretty much just as the title states. The best price I've found are from bikebling at about $55 each. The MP60 ones were about $45 but I'd rather have the super tacky because they're being used for racing. I've checked Universal Cycles, Huck N Roll, Price Point. Either they don't have them or are out of stock. I don't know many other places online to search and my LBS doesn't carry Maxxis. I'm willing to drop the coin for the ones on BB but would obviously like to pay less. Where do you buy your rubbers for cheap?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Just checked CRC, they have dual-ply super tackys for a about $54 and single ply minions for $35-48. I'm looking to order some dual-ply some if anyone knows where to find them for less. May pick up some single-ply for the AM bike though. The price is right on those

mtbr member
    Be careful of CRC if live in the states and need them quick. Of the 3 orders I have placed with them one came in about a week, one in about 3 weeks and the other took a month and a half. Probably not their fault, international shipping can just be that way some times.

Availability of DHF vs. DHR seems to be spotty but...

Found the 2-ply 42a 2.35s at Amazon for $54 shipped. Not sure if you factored in shipping to your pricing. I have Amazon Prime so I get free 2 day shipping so YMMV.
    Amazon.com: Maxxis Minion DHF Mountain Bike Tire (Wire Beaded 42a, 26x2.35): Sports & Outdoors

Amazon also has the single-ply 60a 2.35 in wire bead for $43 shipped. They want $47 for folding.
    Amazon.com: Maxxis Minion DHR Mountain Bike Tire: Sports & Outdoors