mtbr member

cheapest place for 104 34t or 36t chainring

with pins and ramps and made of aluminum. For some reason I see DH or single-speed rings. Preferably under $30. Jenson has the Trivativ chainrings but not in 34 or 36! There seems to be an elusive Shimano LX 104 36t ring for the M580 crankset, which is what I have.

29 some of the time...
    I would recommend Shimano replacement parts.

You could use an SLX 36t ring for a M660 crankset. Prices start about $26, just do a google search for "SLX 36t chainring".

Or a direct shimano lx 36t ring (shimano p/n: Y-1FV98010). Odds are it will be harder to find this chainring, so cost may not be as cheap (Ridethis.com had it listed for $16 but was out of stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

mtbr member
    Is the SLX 36t ring a direct fit on the Shimano LX M580 (or M82) crankset? Looks like Ebike stop has the lowest price at $26, but they're out of stock!

Re-friggin'-Lax!!!
    Universal Cycles have Deore in those sizes for $8-$18 each... I know they are steel, but they are way more durable.
    If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness is the deadbeat dad that knocked her up.

29 some of the time...
    That 36tDeore at Universal is likely the best bet price-wise. Can't say for sure on compatibility. LX and above in the hollowtech are interchangeable, but not sure on Deore.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.