Thread: chainlove.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

chainlove.com

i dont know if any of you guys have saw that sight but they have some pretty good deals

mtbr member
    Ummmm, don't suppose you have ever used the forums built-in search function.

Quote Originally Posted by ECUMTB
    i dont know if any of you guys have saw that sight but they have some pretty good deals

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Does anyone know when they changed their return policy to 30 days?

~Disc~Golf~
    chainlove...never heard of them...must be some kinky fetish site
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member

May 12th

May 12th is when Backcountry.com started a 30 day warranty on their 'one deal at a time' sites, but also including their main source bike gear sites: Realcyclist.com and Hucknroll.com.

Most stuff they are still putting up on Chainlove (weaksauce) can be had at their outlet, which maintains an unlimited time guarantee, always at least 40% off and free ship over $50 I think. Sometimes it is worth the insurance and an offset via a free ship to get the item there, if at all.

Because of the above I pay a lot less attention to their ODAT's.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalmon
    May 12th is when Backcountry.com started a 30 day warranty on their 'one deal at a time' sites, but also including their main source bike gear sites: Realcyclist.com and Hucknroll.com.

Most stuff they are still putting up on Chainlove (weaksauce) can be had at their outlet, which maintains an unlimited time guarantee, always at least 40% off and free ship over $50 I think. Sometimes it is worth the insurance and an offset via a free ship to get the item there, if at all.

Because of the above I pay a lot less attention to their ODAT's.
    I just saw the change in return policy on chainlove yesterday when I was going to return some stuff that had not performed up to standard or was the wrong size (I've been saving them up to save on shipping). Some of the stuff was purchased before they changed their policy. Do they/do they have to honor the old return policy on that stuff that was purchased before May 12th?

ODAT's?

mtbr member

One Deal At a Time

- ODAT

The policy change is NOT retroactive; everything before May 12th is still covered "forever". And I am glad too, cuz I got some stuff -bought before then- that is definitely going back, and a frame I see myself toasting somewhere down the line. That's the plan...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalmon
    - ODAT

The policy change is NOT retroactive; everything before May 12th is still covered "forever". And I am glad too, cuz I got some stuff -bought before then- that is definitely going back, and a frame I see myself toasting somewhere down the line. That's the plan...
    That's good to hear. Let me ask you something else. Have you ever returned something to CL without having the original tags? If so, how did that go?

mtbr member
    I usually wait (or use to) till I have a couple of things to return, and do it in one ship.
    Yes, I have returned without tags- no problem.

BC likes to have them of course, helps the resale too when they list the good returned stuff on geartrade.com

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    chainlove...never heard of them...must be some kinky fetish site
    LMAO