official eMpTyBRain

Chain Reaction Sale!!!

Chain Reaction is having an unbelievable sale right now. Most things are already lower than average retail, plus you can take off additional money using a code at check-out, and it's free shipping to the USA.

Example: I just ordered an XTR M970 cassette, an XTR M985E2 FD, a pair of Magura brake pads, and a KMC missing link chain connecter for only $206/shipped!!!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Chain Reaction is having an unbelievable sale right now. Most things are already lower than average retail, plus you can take off additional money using a code at check-out, and it's free shipping to the USA.

Example: I just ordered an XTR M970 cassette, an XTR M985E2 FD, a pair of Magura brake pads, and a KMC missing link chain connecter for only $206/shipped!!!
    Do you have any discount codes?

I've bought from CRC in the past and have had great results.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

official eMpTyBRain
    The codes are at the top of the website page. The more you spend, the more you save..

mtbr member
    Beware the price creep though. CRC loves to bump prices then give you a coupon so you think you're saving $50 but really you're saving $10. Every bit helps but just something to keep in mind.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    *********************l/HsG91[/IMG]

Thanks for the heads up

deez nuts

shipping from Chain Reaction Cycles

I was looking a the shipping options from them. There is a free option which is not tracked. For $20 more you can get a tracking number. I am a little hesitant to order out of the US without a tracking number...is there any recourse if the item doesn't get here if I go with the free option? Anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I've ordered several times without issue. They have been pretty good about communication as well. When they accidentally sent me straight gauge spokes instead of double-butted, they re-sent the new spokes for free and told me to keep the others as well. Typical delivery time for the free shipping seems to be about 1 week (UK to Chicago area). I haven't seen the need to pay for the expedited/tracked shipping option.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by dnlwthrn View Post
    I've ordered several times without issue. They have been pretty good about communication as well. When they accidentally sent me straight gauge spokes instead of double-butted, they re-sent the new spokes for free and told me to keep the others as well. Typical delivery time for the free shipping seems to be about 1 week (UK to Chicago area). I haven't seen the need to pay for the expedited/tracked shipping option.
    Thanks for the input!

mtbr member
    Another thought:

Price shop between CRC and Wiggle. I've seen up to a 10% difference between the two, and service/ship time is almost identical. The last order I placed through Wiggle saved me about $20 compared to CRC (on a $180 order).

Nox Trailbuilder
    Just received my first order from CRC...
    I placed the order Friday night (late). It left CRC on Monday, was on a plane from London/Heathrow on Tuesday. Arrived in the USA just after midnight in NYC. Then to Cincinnatti, Ohio, back to Allentown, Pa and was on my doorstep by noon Wednesday.
    Shipments from California have taken longer!
    I couldn't beat the price anywhere else.... Free shipping and no tax is a bonus.
    The packaging could have been better, but items arrived safely.....Packaging may vary depending on which employee did it.
    Overall,