Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Scallywag
    Jul 2009

New question here. Chain Reaction Cycles

I ordered a few small items; pedals, spacers, 661 brace, from CRC 17 days ago and they were "dispatched" 13 days ago. These items still have not arrived, has anyone else had such a delay from this company?

I live in Kansas City, I know the items are coming from our pals in europe but this delay is a but of a downer. I ordered items from Italy that took 6 days to arrive.

How did i get here
    Apr 2008
    I have ordered a few things form them in the past few months and have been between15- 20 days to get my items in Texas.

Scallywag
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for the word. I'll grow some patience.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    it's probably held up in customs....sometimes my items go through immediately and sometimes over 2 weeks.....there is no rhyme or reason to customs, they will forward whenever customs decide to

mtbr member
    sometimes it just takes a while. if you get to the 30 day mark contact them and they will refund you. CRC has great customer service.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miťrcoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I live in Canada and it never takes more than 7 business days to get to my house after my order.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I ordered a rear wheel on 20 June...it was to my door 25 June. At the same time I ordered a brake adapter...still waiting for it. I really wish they were sent in the same box.

mtbr member
    Funny. I ordered a Chromag Titanium QR bolt for their seat clamp last Wednesday, item arrived to my doorstep on Monday. Installed last night. Pretty quick turnaround for UK shipping. Beats some US retailers lol.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    sometimes it just takes a while. if you get to the 30 day mark contact them and they will refund you. CRC has great customer service.
    The nature of the beast for US 'custom'ers. I have done orders w CR for many years, especially when they have big sales. I will never order something I need right away though, but this is factored-in for what I want, and how bad and at what price. This usually begins w clearance items, hard to find, Christmas & New Year sales that warrant the price for their free shipping.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ae8620vdrifter View Post
    I have ordered a few things form them in the past few months and have been between15- 20 days to get my items in Texas.
    My experience also. Austin Texas.
    =====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Brake adapter here...took 8 days total for that to arrive. Still no complaints at all from me. I order stuff from Hong Kong a decent amount and have had items take 1-2 months before. Most the time even these items show up in two weeks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I ordered a custom front wheel on the 18th of this month. Received a dispatch notice on the 25th, and received the product on the 28th. I noticed the shipping information still shows it is in NY, even though it arrived at my house today which is in Utah. Since it was a custom order, I figured it might take a few extra days. But I was please with how fast it came.

Scallywag
    Jul 2009
    6/29 - Me again, still no package... Ordered on the 11th, I am dying here!!! .
    Last edited by JDubKC; 06-29-2012 at 08:05 AM.

No Stranger to danger....
    i get heaps from them, it gets all the way to Aus in about 7 working days, top company to work with imo i never go anywhere else, if you have a problem, dont email them, call them on the phone, imo they have great customer service, cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's L'axeman View Post
    i get heaps from them, it gets all the way to Aus in about 7 working days, top company to work with imo i never go anywhere else, if you have a problem, dont email them, call them on the phone, imo they have great customer service, cheers
    I'm in NZ and get stuff always in under 7 working days, normally 5.

But agreed with the service

Scallywag
    Jul 2009
    Day 20 since day shipped, still no package. I know its not CRC its prob held up in Customs as someone mentioned. Just sucks... Per CRC they can reship if I still donít have on the 4th, how long will that take? Will the new package ever get delivered? Could be an endless cycle. I can get a refund if I wait a full 30 days "business days" and to CRC a business day is MON-FRI only. So I ordered on 6/11 and they will reship on 7/4 or refund on 7/25. Has anyone else had this issue with any vendor? Are my products definitely going to arrive at some point? What if they reship and I end up getting both packages? Let the conspiracies begin... was it really sent? Hmmm

Bike Addiction
    Took 3 weeks for my shock.but only 9 days for matchmakers. I'm in Alabama
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubKC View Post
    Day 20 since day shipped, still no package. I know its not CRC its prob held up in Customs as someone mentioned. Just sucks... Per CRC they can reship if I still donít have on the 4th, how long will that take? Will the new package ever get delivered? Could be an endless cycle. I can get a refund if I wait a full 30 days "business days" and to CRC a business day is MON-FRI only. So I ordered on 6/11 and they will reship on 7/4 or refund on 7/25. Has anyone else had this issue with any vendor? Are my products definitely going to arrive at some point? What if they reship and I end up getting both packages? Let the conspiracies begin... was it really sent? Hmmm
    mate, give them a call in a few days to check up on it, i bet its held up in customs, look if any drama happens they will refund you no problems, or send the replacment order free of charge, your lucky you have dealt with a good company, you will have no problems.
    Did you call them to find out if it has been shipped, or are you just going on what it says on the computer, if thats the case, give them a call, dont fax, call them, ive found their service is great, cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    2 orders placed this month. Both orders were shipped faster than in USA UPS ground (I am in CA) I was really shocked to see both orders arrive in less than 5 days. That said I would not want to have to deal w/ their CS - I have asked product questions, in the past, w/ little return correspondence.

Scallywag
    Jul 2009
    For all of you hanging on for an end to this story, my official verdit is. CRC Sucks Donkey Ass. So I recieved an email saying they cannot "resend" because they do not have the item I ordered in stock anymore... I asked for a refund. They said if my package does not arrive by 7/25 they can issue a refund. So to recap:

Ordered 6/11
    I paid for the order and they took my money, never recieved my items.
    Asked to resend, they said item out of stock. Will not refund my order.
    Can give me a refund on 7/25? July mf'n 25th!!!!???Really?

Great Company? No way.

Someone please tell me what I did wrong here.

SUCK IT CRC!!! I'll stick with Competitive and Huck&Roll.
    Last edited by JDubKC; 07-05-2012 at 09:15 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubKC View Post
    For all of you hanging on for an end to this story, my official verdit is. CRC Sucks Donkey Ass. So I recieved an email saying they cannot "resend" because they do not have the item I ordered in stock anymore... I asked for a refund. They said if my package does not arrive by 7/25 they can issue a refund. So to recap:

Ordered 6/11
    I paid for the order and they took my money, never recieved my items.
    Asked to resend, they said item out of stock. Will not refund my order.
    Can give me a refund on 7/25? July mf'n 25th!!!!???Really?

Great Company? No way.

Someone please tell me what I did wrong here.

SUCK IT CRC!!! I'll stick with Competitive and Huck&Roll.
    Sorry to hear that but I would say that is standard terms for any web shop. You will get the money back, no worries!

And, after all it's not really their fault the shipment got stuck somewhere.

Scallywag
    Jul 2009
    I know its not their fault for the most part but since they donít have the item I already purchased I feel i should get an immediate refund.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    U.S. Customs at work again with our precious tax dollars. Keep in mind while they took their sweet time kicking your box around like Ace Ventura, they ignored the 40' containers of cocaine and illegals rolling past them. Feds FTW.

I ordered from CRC a week ago. I assume I'll have the order sometime in July. Or August if one of you works for Customs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Delivery companies really do suck from this side of the pond. However I usually recieve all my bits from them within 5 days (to the UK).

Usually takes upto 20 days if ordering anything from the US to the UK

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Ironically I just came here to post a thread about a great deal I found at CRC!

Customs is the real problem here. CRC is a quality outfit though, you won't be left high and dry. And I love that they support a world cup DH team (where's the team from ANY U.S. based etailer?).

Try not to hold a grudge, maybe just factor in the potential shipping delays in your online comparison shopping. (ps - if you think this is bad, don't ever order something you really want from China...)
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast