mtbr member

chain reaction cycles

they are in UK, i am in US. has anyone from uUS ordered from them? what is your experience?
    thanks

local trails rider

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    they are in UK, i am in US. has anyone from uUS ordered from them? what is your experience?
    thanks
    I've used them a few times. Their stuff shows up fast. I ordered a new set of brakes and they showed up 4 days later. Make sure you're on the us site so you get the dollars instead of euros.
    Beefcake. BEEFCAKE.

mtbr member
    I used them a bunch in the past, but its been a couple years.

Placed an order 2 days ago, shipped yesterday. Crossing fingers.

Obviously, based on my previous purchases, I'm willing to use them again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I bought two wheelsets from them in the last 6 months. Ordered on Mondays.....at my house on the west coast by Saturday. Super quick, much cheaper than the states.

Even better if you have a CC that doesn't charge you a Conversion Fee....

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    thanks
    I have used them in the past with no issues.

Trail Ninja
    They seem to bill in USD now. They have some deals on UK based stuff, like Hope components. They have more seasons of sales too--when their sales are slow due to weather, we can get some nice deals. My buddy stocked up on tires from them last winter.

The White Jeff W
    i bought a ragley frame from them. no issues
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    good company to deal with....

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    bought a wheel set from them DT swiss xr 400 with Hope pro 2 . saved alot of money . showed up quick

mtbr member
    I ordered some shorts from them on 7/4/11 but they have not showed up. However, the website does state to allow 5-8 working days since they are in the UK. Worth saving a few bucks.

mtbr member
    I am trying to order from them in a few days and their prices are definitely great compared to most other websites, however if you do not care where exactly you buy your product then you should check out JensonUSA I've ordered from them to out of U.S. and inside U.S. and they both shipped in less than 7 days, great customer care too. But definitely try ChainReactionCycles they have good reviews and great prices as mentioned above!

As i cannot post a thread yet does anyone know how i could inquire about seat clamp size for Jamis Dakar XLT 2007 as my bike is back in Europe and i'm here of holiday trying to order a seat clamp and as unorganized I am, I obviously forgot to measure it and cannot find the with on any website... Please Advise!!

newless cluebie
    Sep 2009
    Bikepedia says you have a 27.2mm post ID, so typical you would use a 31.8mm OD clamp.
    My Trifecta: Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro, Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC70, eBay Carbon Hardtail

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    At least in Europe ChainReaction is one of the greatest online shops. More than the prices, I am always very happy with their service and customer care. If the prices are competitive, I totally recommend.

mtbr member
    The thing I've found frustrating about their site is that I'll look for a particular component, likes wheels. Too many times I will click on something b/c it has a big discount and I'm looking for a deal and it will say the item is no longer in stock. This happens way too much on their listings that I've stopped using their site.

mtbr member
    shipping takes quite a while on the east coast but everything comes packaged fine

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I just placed and order today and placed one back in April. The April order took about 1 week to get to me but all came back fine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qdawgg View Post
    The thing I've found frustrating about their site is that I'll look for a particular component, likes wheels. Too many times I will click on something b/c it has a big discount and I'm looking for a deal and it will say the item is no longer in stock. This happens way too much on their listings that I've stopped using their site.
    They now have a little quick view for each item which helps address this concern. I had the same frustration as you but this new tool is very helpful. It will show size/colour and then it separates them into two categories of in stock or not. You do have to click into the item to see if the advertised price applies to the colour and size you are after though.

Question though for others...

I was looking at the 2012 Mavic Crossmax SX wheels and at the bottom of the page, it says NOT AVAILABLE OUTSIDE THE EU. I've never seen this on CRC before but I assume this means it will not ship outside the EU. It allows me to put it in my cart but I have not gone so far as to check out yet as they are not available until February anyway.