Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    It makes sense to disclose since I've heard some OE components can differ from their retail counterparts.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    There's a new coupon code; NET10. Ten percent off.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Eugene_ View Post
    You mean WEB10 unless NET10 also works.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hadeone View Post
    You mean WEB10 unless NET10 also works.
    CAN10 will also work but I believe there is a minimum purchase of 100GBP on all these.

mtbr member
    i got notified of the NET10 one this morning.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    CAN10 works on order of 149$ CAN minimum and up

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    NET10 does work.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Eugene_ View Post
    Even though these new codes work, CRC has been slowly raising prices for the past few weeks, at least on the items I've been keeping track of anyway. So prices after the new codes aren't as good as they were. For example, Thomson 30.9 mm seatpost and X4 70mm stem were $55 each before coupon, and about $50 after coupon. But if you need to buy now, it's a nice 10% savings.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I've noticed that too. I'm doing a new build so I've been keeping track of prices and I have a bunch of stuff in my basket. Like you said, everything has gone up. I wish I would have purchased a month ago when the prices and better promo codes were there. Waiting to see if holiday deals get better. I've made 2 purchases in the past month with them but didn't snag everything I'll need. I'm fairly new to buying components so I'm not sure when the best time to buy is(off season/holiday/etc). Wish my LBS prices were even remotely comparable but I buy some stuff from them now and again and I've purchased 2 bikes from them this year. I do appreciate everyone offering codes and deals when they find out about them here. So thanks everyone!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyt View Post
    Even though these new codes work, CRC has been slowly raising prices for the past few weeks, at least on the items I've been keeping track of anyway. So prices after the new codes aren't as good as they were. For example, Thomson 30.9 mm seatpost and X4 70mm stem were $55 each before coupon, and about $50 after coupon. But if you need to buy now, it's a nice 10% savings.

I noticed the same thing on the products I've been following. It's really a 5% discount.

Let's Ride!
    welcome to holiday shopping
    Master of Nothing, but dammit if I don't try..............

mtbr member
    I'd noticed prices creeping up a bit too, but I'd figured it was just currency fluctuations. But I just checked and the gbp has actually dropped since October, so prices should have been going down the whole time. Bah.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemlows View Post
    welcome to holiday shopping
    ^ Agree! It isn't what it used to be. Now it's all about the marketing and hype of sales sales sales of unrealistic MSRP. There are great deals out there but it's far in between. Good luck shopping to us all!

To Eugene, EthanDM, and anyone who keep track of prices, how do you go about it other than constantly looking at your CRC cart? I use an extension in Firefox called AlertBox, but it lacks the email alert feature. I wish it was more like camelcamelcamel.com with its email alert feature. Thanks all.

And yes, please keep posting codes when you find them!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    I'd noticed prices creeping up a bit too, but I'd figured it was just currency fluctuations. But I just checked and the gbp has actually dropped since October, so prices should have been going down the whole time. Bah.
    I haven't been watching their site long enough but I bought a Manitou Minute Expert from them last Thursday the price has stayed the same since they added the coupon today.

I was unsuccessful in getting them to add the coupon for me retrospectively. That is their policy and it is clearly stated but it is frustrating knowing that you could have gotten the product cheaper if you would have ordered one day earlier/later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyt View Post
    Not only CRC, I've noticed the same deal with Nashbar. Purchased a set of thermal tights 2 weeks ago for 16.99, then 2 days later with a 10% coupon price was adjusted to 19.99, then a week later another coupon was available, and price now was $24.99 for the same pair of tights. Talk about shady business practices. Definitely put me off from buying with them again.

mtbr member
    +1 Nashbar being shady with sales/coupons. The base single speed bike will be 350$ one week then next week AFTER coupon its 375$. Pricepoint is pretty bad about this too. OMG 90% off. It was less expensive last week. Just have to keep looking long enough that you know what price is actually a deal and when you're getting taken by marketing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Worth waiting till black friday/cyber monday for a better code, or just go for things you figure won't get discounted now? I'm buying Hope stealth V4's and highly doubt they will get any discount, same with the xt 10 speed cassettes since they're already so cheap. CRC usually go past 10%?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hadeone View Post
    I haven't been watching their site long enough but I bought a Manitou Minute Expert from them last Thursday the price has stayed the same since they added the coupon today.

I was unsuccessful in getting them to add the coupon for me retrospectively. That is their policy and it is clearly stated but it is frustrating knowing that you could have gotten the product cheaper if you would have ordered one day earlier/later.
    Tell me about it, I'm so frustrated with that policy as well especially considering it was only 1 day. Had I waited could have save myself $55 on a wheel set.
    2014 Specialized Enduro S-Works
    2012 Specialized SJ FSR Elite
    2012 DB Scapegoat
    2012 Canfield Yelli Screamy 25.8lbs

mtbr member
    I feel your frustrations. I have a set of Hope Pro 2 Evo's in my CRC basket. The total has been 254 for weeks. I have been patiently waiting for a good code. Today when I went to apply the 10% code the price had jumped up to $275. I will keep waiting or hope wiggle drops a good code soon.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmtb1 View Post
    I feel your frustrations. I have a set of Hope Pro 2 Evo's in my CRC basket. The total has been 254 for weeks. I have been patiently waiting for a good code. Today when I went to apply the 10% code the price had jumped up to $275. I will keep waiting or hope wiggle drops a good code soon.
    Yep, waiting on Wiggle as well for the same wheelset. Checked my email and last wheels specific 10% discount code was in September. They're long overdue! Maybe Black Friday?!?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wiggle is awesome on their Hope prebuilt wheelsets. I only with they had some 650b sets. Now that would be great.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    interesting too they seem to have culled there range, no Raceface, Marzocchi (6 forks anyway)

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Anybody else get fraud on their debit card a few days after buying from CRC? I paid with PayPal using my debit card and just got some. I rarely use my debit card to pay for stuff too, so that is I am pointing my finger at CRC.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    If you paid with PayPal, CRC never got your credit card number.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by frenk View Post
    If you paid with PayPal, CRC never got your credit card number.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too... Thx

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast