Thread: Camelbak Mule

mtbr member

Camelbak Mule

Looking for a good deal on a Camelbak Mule for my son's 11th birthday. Let me know if you've seen a good deal on them. Thanks.

offroader
    Dec 2008

mtbr member
    That's an awesome price. Have you ever purchased from them before?

mtbr member
    Go for the Camelbak Blowfish. Much more versatile pack and also uses a 100oz bladder. Plenty of deals on them, including this one for $40 at JensonUSA:
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...x?SSAID=176195

Personally, I wouldn't call $65 for a Mule a great deal. If you are patient, you'll do much better than that. Check www.qbike.com or www.bestbikebuys.com for the latest deals.

MTBmoose

mtbr member
    He looked at the blowfish, but like the Mule better. Best deal I've seen on Qbike or Spadout was about $72. I'll keep looking, but it must be a popular model this year.

mtbr member
    How about an ebay store ($55 + $8 shipping)? Just a couple of bucks cheaper than the sunnysports deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Camelb...d=p3286.c0.m14

Found that one through www.bing.com shopping (Microsoft's new search engine). Awhile back Cabela's had the Mule on sale for something like $40. They are $65 right now, however.

Good luck,

MTBmoose

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Just bought a 2008 Mule for $55 at Wheelworld.

I have a Blowfish from a few years ago and it's a great pack - very versatile for carrying bigger loads some times. But I like the redesigned Mule even better.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodyknee
    That's an awesome price. Have you ever purchased from them before?
    Yea I bought my Mule from them last year. It arrived the next day. I was very surprised and very happy.

mtbr member
    i'm holding out for my rei dollars to come through and buy the hawg nv. no good advice here, sorry. just excited come december.

mtbr member
    The new NV design is pretty awesome from what I hear. They are pricey though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I bought the new MULE and didn't like it. I then tried the MULE NV on sale at REI and love it. It's pricey but is great for biking and running.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I am usually a good consumer but stupid me bought the old (orange) Mule from a LBS for $100.00. I wish I just waited and get the NV. To top it off my zipper broke and the LBS has been non-responsive and I contacted Camelbak who said they would ship a pull out to me and its been 11 days and nothing. I might be switching to a Ergon pack come next purchase and for the LBS I will not be buying from them anymore. Ashame there is like 5 bike stores within a mile of each other.