mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Cambria Retracting Price Smash?

Placed an order online with them for an XT crank, front and rear derailluer which totalled out to $280 with shipping. Got an email from them today saying the price smash miscalculated the the discount and that they would proceess the order once I gave them the OK on the corrected price of $322. What the heck is that?

If they aren't willing to give the discount as originally stated when I orderd, I'll be taking my business elsewhere. I notice a few other folks have had issues with their "price smash" honoring as well.

JT

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thats weird i actually got a quote once from them on XT components on the phone but when i got to the store the guy realized he had quoted me the LX price. He honored the cheaper price cause thats what he quoted on the phone.
    Thats my experience good luck

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I ordered a set of Disc brakes today and they honored (and sent out) my order already. I would definately call up customer service and talk to someone on the phone and tell them if they don't honor it, you'll take the business elsewhere.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've had similar issues with them in the past. I called to press my case. The guy was a complete a-hole. I kept pushing. I wanted them to at least match the competitor's (wheelworld) and was willing to give up the 5% difference. Finally the guy agreed. So my advice is to call them up. They're pretty much the last place I go to now.

banned
    Pffft. I would tell them to pound sand.

Dirty bastards.

Hey Cambria... pound sand you peddlers of greed and filth!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I called them up and indeed it was a calculation error, but the guy was willing to work with me. I tried to get them to price smash the total cylcling.com low price on the XT crank at $156. They said they would not match it because it was a foreign site. I settled for price of $199 on the crank and went ahead and placed the order.
    Not sure if I'll order from them again yet.

Members who have read this thread: 0