mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Cambria (CBO) - never again!!

Long story short....placed an order at multiple shops on the same day (4/8). CBO is the only one in the same state as I am and UPS shipping makes it here in (2) days tops. Interestingly enough, I received all the other product from the out of state stores within 4 days. I still haven't even received a notice from CBO notifying me that the product has been shipped. I've tried to contact them via email and still haven't received a response to that either.

I think I've bought from every shop on the Internet and have never had it take this long to get my stuff. This will be my last purchase from CBO

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Maybe slow to ship, but I buy on price. I think your title is over the top. I ordered on Sunday, received today (Tuesday). Live in Ca and was charged tax.

Its got what plants crave
    Cambria sucks. They are owned by Beyond Bikes now, which has a terrible reputation.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

ong
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Yeah, Cambria is pretty wretched. Used to be a good shop a long time ago, but now they have a terrible time even keeping basic track of their inventory.

mtbr member
    I've had an order in with them since Feb 28. Didnt get an email or anything for first week - not even a purchase confirmation. Finally called... items on backorder. I asked for an email confirmation of my order and they sent that.

So its been over six weeks... not a peep.

Absolutely "never again" for me. A reasonable business would have sent updates and stayed in contact.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    hmm, ordered the bars and stem from one of the other deals in this section of the forums at 10pm monday night. Had a tracking number at 2 the next day and I'll have my order tomorrow afternoon.

Not all reviews are bad.

mtbr member
    I've had CBO not honor their own discount code from the home page. It was absurd! And they finally emailed me a couple days after ordered was placed that they will cancel it or charge me full price.

mtbr member
    I agree - not all reviews are bad. I'm sure Cambria is great most of the time.

My particular problem is also probably NOT unique to just Cambria. It arose over the backordered items.

I seem to be seeing this more and more - and not just in bicycling. Companies list parts as available when they actually mean that their wholesaler lists the part as available. Sometimes you actually see it when the availability says "available in 2-3 days." Most of the time, it just says available and you don't get a "shipped" notification for 2-3 days until the vendor gets the part from the wholesaler.

Cambria did drop the ball with me in keeping me notified. I never got that initial notification. I had to call. Nor have I gotten anything in the six weeks since. That's why I won't order from them again.

HAHA PWN
    I quit using those guys long ago. Now that Jenson does a quick price match and free shipping over 50, that's my go to OBS(online bike shop).

mtbr member
    I stopped buying from them just because their website. It's awful.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311 View Post
    Cambria sucks. They are owned by Beyond Bikes now, which has a terrible reputation.
    BB owns them now? That sux.
    2009 Intense Tracer VP / On-One 456 / '99 Homegrown Factory