Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Cambria Bike is the worst.

Has anyone ever ordered from Cambria bike and NOT received a dang email a few days later about out of stock? They are the worst and pretty much always consistent online store that never fails to dissapoint.

First was the 2 week wait for a rear coil for my Fox shock, that when called they still hadn't even ordered from Fox yet. I coulda just ordered the damn thing from Fox myself and saved two weeks. If you would have actually put that it was out of stock on your freaking website, I would have done it.

Now I am waiting on my Rim Rench...same thing. In stock on website, email a few days later saying it will be awhile. I am sure they just called up the Rim Rench people and placed the order after I placed my order, despite saying in stock.

NEVER AGAIN.
    Stop....Heckler time.

Tree Thumper
    You can read through my past posts. Same thing.... I refuse to even go to their website let alone buy anything from them
    ~JPB

"Loud Hubs Save Lives"

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    They were ok back in the mid 2000s. Doesn't seem like they really care anymore.

Universal has gotten most of my business the last 5 years because they have been dead reliable. Lately though, I've just been dealing with bikerbob.

The White Jeff W
    Ordered a rim from them that was listed as in stock. A couple days later I get an email saying its back ordered. I wrote back saying to cancel the order and a week later got the refund.

They probably put the $ in an interest bearing acct and hang on to it for a couple weeks. Free $
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    i had a god awful experience with them a few years ago. I've been too troubled to even write about it haha.

Pay no mind to us...
    I had something like this happen with a spoke/nipple order for a wheel set build.

Items were listed as in stock and nothing showed up as far as deliveries from Cambria in the expected time frame (3-5 days).

Called them up and they said that was back ordered - no notice, etc. I went ahead and cancelled the order and bought from somewhere else (Universal Cycles I think) even though the items cost a bit more. The support dude I talked to was nice and the whole things wasn't his fault.

It is 2012 and if you are running an online business certain things are be part of the deal like accurate stock information, notices about stock being back ordered, etc.

I have been giving just about all of my business to Universal Cycles lately with some Amazon/Niagra, Jenson, or love to make up the rest.

I get the sense that it isn't so much that Cambria doesn't care but rather that they aren't able/willing to be on the same tier as these other companies when it comes to the basics if that makes sense.

I have had good experiences with Cambria prior to this with in-stock items that were really in-stock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Ordered some spokes from them - listed in stock (only reason I ordered from them) then got an email saying they were back-ordered 2-3 weeks - cancelled the order right away.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    slow as hell, i hate cbo

meh
    ordered dt revo spokes on June 13th...got the backorder email shortly after thought they were shown in stock, havent canceled it, just to see how it'll be handled (also, not in a hurry for the spokes)

-2weeks post order, they told me they were waiting on 41 spokes
    -3 weeks post order, i was told they "accidentally" canceled my order, then told what actually happened was it was turned into a sales quote (not an order)
    -1 month post order (last week), told me they 32 of the 60 i ordered in stock (i ordered 64 plus 3 spares, so this confused me)

so 5.5 weeks now and waiting....

mtbr member
    I ordered with them a few times. Until they cancelled my order and stated that Fox products didn't qualify for their current promotion. Didn't even state so in the small print, they just cancelled without calling or even trying to price match other guys. Plus they are slow to ship and return products as well.

mtbr member
    Cambria used to be the best place to get stuff from. I used to deal with Arron at the Cambria store. He was really nice to deal with. I don't even think the Cambria store is there anymore. I wonder where Arron is now?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Ordered once. Terrible experience. Said spokes were in stock. Waited over a month from 3-5 days quoted. Didnt need them right away but once I was over 2 weeks felt I might as well stick it out. Never again.

mtbr member
    Since Universal is local to me there's no need for me to buy anywhere else. Order online and pick it up at the store. They have more parts and gear in stock than any other shop I've been to.

Ow!
    I agree that Cambria doesn't seem to be as customer oriented like they used to be, but I still order from them every few years just because of the great deals they occasionally have. Just recently, I ordered some chainrings that CBO did not price match, but sold at less than the other supplier. Plus free and fairly quick shipping. I was pleasantly surprised, especially with the shipping. I wouldn't count on the quickness for future purchases, though.

My favorite sellers at this time are Hucknroll, Universal, and Jenson. No nonsense and quick shipping (usually).

mtbr member
    I like buying out of state and not paying sales tax.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    My friend was very frustrated with CBO when he experienced this over a seatpost. He figured bike people should take care of bike people, especially when it is their job. I've had limited experience with CBO, but it was pleasant. I went in and picked up a shock pump I needed and thanked them. I've had greater issues with other shops, but it goes without saying that you should tell customers when they order something if it won't be in stock for a couple weeks when they make the order. My friend was unable to ride, and that's irritating. I think he just imagined all the employees riding around having fun instead of helping him out. Based on this, I have been hesitant about returning.

Life Is Short
    I've ordered several items including a frame, forks and shocks and never had a problem....

until recently. The site said In Stock and it wasn't. Like others who said.

I think the person (probably a dude) sleeping at the wheel who is in charge of updating the
    inventory or website inventory. They ought to fire that person because he's doing a real suckass job. Hurting their business.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jpbova View Post
    You can read through my past posts. Same thing.... I refuse to even go to their website let alone buy anything from them
    Same here the customer service sucks

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    This is very disapointing. I have dealt with them in the past (about 4 years ago) and had a good experience. My wifes family lives in Paso Robles so I visit there often and go to Cambria and the other shop they have in Paso and I really liked them. I am always disapointed to hear when a good company that hires locals begins to suffer from poor service. Oh well, if thats the way they run their business they will be out of business soon. Beyond Bikes started going downhill the same way. Poor reviews and posts like this on MTBR and now they are gone.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

GO BLUE!!
    My last order from them took a month and a half to arrive to me. I emailed them after two weeks and found out some of the stuff was on backorder. Emailed them again after a month and they offered to ship a partial order and said they would eat the cost of shipping. Finally got my whole order in a month and a half. Good thing is that this occurred during the winter and wasn't riding anyway. I can't imagine depending on them during peak season and having my bike down for that long.
    I always wanted a Wookie, but I found out they weren't real.
    (Thanks for nothing, George Lucas.)

Its got what plants crave
    Cambria was recently bought by "Beyond Bikes" who has the worst customer service reputation in the industry if you ask me. They suck.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311 View Post
    Cambria was recently bought by "Beyond Bikes" who has the worst customer service reputation in the industry if you ask me. They suck.
    Note to self: Never buy from Cambria again. Add SRAM to that list. You have to go to an LBS for any warranty issues.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thought I would resuscitate this thread because I just had a horrible experience with Cambria Bike similar to the posts above. I ordered two tires from Cambria because the tires were on sale for a good price and Cambria was running a 20% off coupon at the time. I didn't hear anything for weeks regarding my order. When I contacted Cambria to find out why I hadn't received the tires yet, they jerked me around for another two weeks and then e-mailed me that they couldn't get the tires. During all of that time, the tires were still listed as "available" on their website (and continue to be listed as "available" even today). The sales rep wrote to me, "Is there perhaps another tire that I can substitute on your order?" I e-mailed back with two alternatives. The sales rep wrote back that he had "gone ahead and added 2 of the [alternative tires] to [my] order." They did not send me a new invoice. Another month passed and still no tires. Finally, after over a dozen e-mails back and forth, UPS delivered the two tires approximately two months after I placed my original order. However, instead of charging me the price on the invoice that Cambria sent me right after I placed that original order, Cambria charged me full price for the tires that were supposed to be a "substitute" for the tires that they couldn't get. I immediately contacted Cambria and they refused to issue a refund for the difference. Can you say "bait and switch," as well as false advertising and breach of contract? I have already disputed the charge with my credit card company and it looks like they are standing by me and will refund the overcharged amount. I will never again order anything from Cambria Bike no matter how attractive the price. Cambria Bike is indeed the worst!

mtbr member
    I can remember reading about how bad Cambria was in a MBA magazine years ago. I have no idea why anyone would order anything from them. You should know by now that they suck.

mtbr member
    Years ago, Cambria used to be the best, bar none. I purchased thousands of dollars worth of stuff from the store in Cambria from Aaron. That guy always took care of me. I think the first thing I bought from them was a set of Hayes disc brakes, around 2000. Cambria pioneered selling bike stuff on the Internet. Sadly, it seems like they changed hands a few years ago and they just aren't like they used to be. Supergo used to be another great place to buy from, then someone bought them out and it was all downhill from there.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast