mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Cambria Bike international order is a PATHETIC

I ordered several bike parts through Cambria Bike 3 days ago, all the items were "in stock" at time ordering, and yet the order is till listed as "fullfillment". This means one or more parts not available for shipping yet
    I then sent them 5 emails about removing the unavailable items from my order fore more than 2 days - not a single reply
    And I paid $69 for shipping for the order
    I must admit, the prices at Camria Bike is somewhat lower than at Jenson USA, but i find the service at Jenson USA is excellent and for international orders, on several occasions, only take 3 days to arrive at my door. This is how good Jenson USA really is for international order

So if you are considering cheaper price (not substantially) and sub-standard service then Cambria Bike, but for excellent service and super quick delivery then Jenson USA

So if any one from Cambria Bike reading this, you're more than welcome to drop me an email or a PM

PS: this is only from personal experience, and yes bike parts in Australia are 30% more expensive then in the US, so any saving is appreciated

mtbr member
    I am also in Australia and have had good service from them. They even rang me once to say that I had mis-matched the spoke and nipple sizes that I had ordered. I think their shipping costs to Australia is high, but you can at least get things sent by post if you ring or e-mail them. Funnily they were the only place that I could find that would ship rims at a reasonable price.

They often have small or unusual parts that Jenson don't carry.

Perhaps give them a ring.

Tim

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I have great service from Cambria. They emailed today asking if I wanted to ship my current order or wait for one part. The also called asking if I wanted to insure the order as it was over 600.00. No errors in the past and products have been well packed and arrived quickly.

I would try calling if your having issues.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Your emails might be getting caught up in spam filters (happens alot)... Email me at nicholec@cambriabike.com or call sales at (800) 882-4537. and I can check on your order for you.

mtbr member
    I would have to go with the negative view of Cambria too. I've emailed several times for prices and haven't yet received responses. I called once and the sales guy made no effort to secure my business. I told him I was price shopping and still the Cambria price was the highest.
    Your emails might be getting caught up in spam filters (happens alot)...
    And as for spam filters, with the variety of email addresses how can you effectively use on of these and receive your customers correspondance?

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    I'm in Hong Kong and made my first order with them on Tuesday. The shipment arrived on Friday. I've also tried Jenson and PricePoint, all three were pretty good.

To the OP: why don't you try PHONING them?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    yep, phoned the people at Cambria this morning, the help guy did not know any more than what the website said, merely confirmed what i already suspected - fullfillment means waiting for parts to complete the order

To their Cambria's credits, the order was shipped this afternoon, ,since now it is the weekend, it may not leave the US until Monday

Many thanks for your replies

S*it Happens!
    JensonUSA baby! If they have what I need or want, I guess not so much need. I just do a price match and order from them.

So far never a problem.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've ordered several times from Cambria and I've had absolutely no problems with their customer service. Its been my experience that Cambria has some of the best prices on the interenet, AND they offer 10-20% discount coupons on top of that. Personally, even if the service was a little sub-par(which its not) I'd cut them some slack for the cash that they save me.

With my most recent order, they emailed me to say that I had an incorrect CVV code from my credit card. I called them up, as the phone number is readily available. The the CSR that I got on the line was very helpful, and my order was fixed in a matter of 45- 60 seconds.

Maybe you dont have access to a phone? If you would have phoned them when you found out there was an issue, your order would most likely be well on its way to you by now.

I think its crazy that people come on these sites bashing a particular business for "pathetic service" when your issues could have been quickly and painlessly solved by picking up a phone. I just dont get it.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Unfortunately, Jenson appears to be a bit pricer for those of us who need international shipping. That's why I've been using PricePoint and Cambria.

mtbr member
    I too have problems with Cambria bike now.Been doing business with them for over 5 years(generally get my items with in a week USPS to Australia) and no problems until December 2006.1:Put an order in for 2 items gloves and tyres waiting 2 weeks email them twice no answers then phone them they say item shipped 2 days ago.Get Item only Tyres no gloves.I email them 2 times to find out why no gloves yet again no return emails.So i ring them they say the gloves in my colour where sold out????I said why didn't you email me or phone me i would have ordered another pair of gloves.They said they emailed me but got no reply THANKS I really only wanted the gloves but to buy OS to make it worth while it is best to purchase a few things because of shipping costs.Next dayI get an email from Cambria saying my emails are getting caught up in there spam email filtering software and there email to me must be caught up in my email filtering software( how did this email come through no problems???).I checked my email junk mail no emails from cambria.2:Put an order(web) in on the 12 jan 07 this time they emailed me back about shipping arrangements and i emailed them back with what i wanted done 2 days latter i thought i'd better phone them which i did.They said items ready to ship sent email waiting for reply i never received an email !!!I have been waiting 7 weeks for the item and still not received it rang them last week they said i have to wait 90 days before they can put a claim in.I know it not there fault a package goes missing but i suspect they have changed from USPS express to USPS parcel post which is cheaper(for Cambria)But longer delivery times and more chance of the package going missing.I told them i will not do business with FEDEX.

BShow if there a web based business that take your order over the internet i would think that they can answer your emails.When i phone them it costs money to phone overseas and to 1: be put on hold for 4 minutes while they answer you then put on hold while he goes off to ask someone what to do and told sorry i am the only one here today.Its a 10 minute phone call which should be answered by email.

And no i don't have to do business with them and probably won't if they change to parcel post for deliverys

lives to ride
    Feb 2005
    I'm in Australia too.. I've found Pricepoint to be cheap and have good stuff, but their customer service can really suck sometimes. It was a similar situation to yours - everything showed in stock, then when my card was billed I was told they'd have to order it in. After cancelling the order, everything was back in stock on the website again (about 10 minutes after I was told I would have to wait?), so I sent the order through again and it was all in stock again. Confusing stuff haha.

Blue Sky Cycling has never let me down!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    well, got all the parts delivered today from Cambria Bike, 5 days after ordering. I suppose i had real good service from Jenson USA, Cambria Bike is good but not the same

Would i order from Camria Bike again, honestly i would given the price and and that i know how long it takes to get items delivered, YES i would buy things from Cambria Bike again (the price difference has got to be worth it)

Happy riding