Thread: Build Kits

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Build Kits

I was wondering if any of you in the past have had to purchase a build kit online. i'm currently trying to piece together a relatively cheap build kit. i've found some cheap kits, but as always, there are a lot of components i just won't need. many companies will make no substitutions for various kits. I was curious if anyone has found or used a company that allowed them to make subs with their kits. I'm going to purchase things like the wheelset, fork, headset, and brakes seperately. any advice would be much appreciated thanks. I also thought i should include what frame this will be going on. i'm currently going to be building up a nomad with a 66 rc2x. this rig won't be used for cross country but i most likely will not be able to afford to put all the burly parts i need on this bike atm. i'm hoping to just get a relatively quality build on this bike, upgrading as i go. thanks again.

banned
    I built my bike piece by piece off ebay. Probably save 40-50% off the retail.

Pricepoint.com has some build kits for a decent price. I'm not aware of any place that sells used build kits.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I purchased a "dirt jump" build kit from Wheelworld.com for $434 with shipping. It was mostly low/mid end stuff, but for the price its nuts. It included everything but the frame, even forks.