Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Blue Sky Cycling Legit??

Anyone know what Jenson wont match their prices? Are they legit? I need to order some brakes and they seem to have the best deals.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Yes they are legit. Some of their inventory is OEM - will come in a plastic bag, no retail packaging.
    Some parts won't come with all of the retail accessories, bits and pieces.
    Jenson won't price match retail packaged items to OEM. Having said that, I just bought a OEM crankset from Jenson, no bottom bracket.

mtbr member
    Yes, I've ordered from them before as have a couple of my friends. They do come up with some awesome deals now and then!
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    yea they rule! i use them as much as possible.

mtbr member
    BSC is definitely legit, but for their non-disclosure of some OEM items. That said, the OEM items I received were fine.

get down!
    Def. legit, ship fast too.
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

mtbr member
    legitimate, but as SLash mentioned, some of it is OEM...
    and don't forget tax in California.

Trail Ninja
    Amusing to see BSC get this kind of prejudice from people hearing that a reputable shop like JensonUSA has denied price matches from them, without the finer details being known. Selling OEM and retail Shimano parts, without distinctively labeling them either-or, is obviously causing them significant problems, especially from those who care about the difference. I don't see how they could have not foreseen this.

For brakes, at least Shimano ones, the only differences I've found are how warranties are handled, and the length of hose it comes with. SRAM brakes may or may not come with the hose shortening hardware (ex. olive nut). Regarding the warranty, Shimano will tell you to contact the dealer you got it from, if you say it's OEM, but are willing to help directly if you say it's retail. JensonUSA has a returns-warranty claim department with employees working full-time, while I imagine a smaller shop won't be able to afford a dedicated department like that.

mtbr member
    Jenson has matched prices for me on little odd things but not Shimano components.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I've only made one order there and it was for a Truvativ Noir crankset. Came wrapped in plastic, but no damage at all. Got it for like $186?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    For brakes, at least Shimano ones, the only differences I've found are how warranties are handled, and the length of hose it comes with. SRAM brakes may or may not come with the hose shortening hardware (ex. olive nut). Regarding the warranty, Shimano will tell you to contact the dealer you got it from, if you say it's OEM, but are willing to help directly if you say it's retail. JensonUSA has a returns-warranty claim department with employees working full-time, while I imagine a smaller shop won't be able to afford a dedicated department like that.
    Supposedly the retail brakes come with both resin and metallic pads and olives/ferrules and all the pad spacer junk too. I get mine tomorrow, will post back.

FWIW, I received poor customer service from blue sky as well. I ordered a set of kneepads and when they came in, they were poorly stitched and misaligned. I attribute this to them being SixSixOne, which might be Chinese for terrible. Anyways, I wanted to return them because my left kneecap was not 2" higher than my right kneecap, but I had to pay return shipping. I was disappointed as I was shipped a defective product and had to pay to return it.

I took my money elsewhere, and haven't been back. I don't want to deal with them again, so Jenson and pricepoint get all my money.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I have bought from bluesky a bunch and they are fine. Think of them as the super discount provider. To the poster above who had to pay shipping to return, if you save an extra 20% on everything you buy that adds up over time and if you have to eat some cost sometimes it is no big deal.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    They are my first choice....if they have it, it is the best price! Fast Shipping, easy returns, great customer service!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Looks like they now have free ground shipping on orders over $50

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by goodmojo View Post
    I have bought from bluesky a bunch and they are fine. Think of them as the super discount provider. To the poster above who had to pay shipping to return, if you save an extra 20% on everything you buy that adds up over time and if you have to eat some cost sometimes it is no big deal.
    I paid about 40-50% of the items value in shipping fees on an item that I couldn't use. That's bad math and it's not acceptable, when other places will actually replace or refund for a broken item that they sent you.

mtbr member
    Bought my Reba and a Fox helmet from them...retail package and no issues

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

mtbr member
    One of my gripes with BSC has been lifted - they now offer free shipping over $50. Don't think it's a limited time offer kind of thing - this puts them in direct competition with Jenson.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I have built 2 MTB's with all the shimano parts coming from BSC. All of the shimano items are OEM, and all have come wrapped in plastic. I prefer this to the bulky, overly non-OEM packaged items you get from jenson and other places, and the prices can't be beat.

I'll be ordering my SLX brakes for my newest build from them in the coming days. The free shipping over 50 makes them the best deal around.

Everything I have purchased from them has arrived in 2 business days to Utah. Can't really beat that.

PVGNA PRO PATRIA
    Quote Originally Posted by trap121 View Post
    Anyone know what Jenson wont match their prices? Are they legit? I need to order some brakes and they seem to have the best deals.
    One of my top three go-to places for parts. I just purchased the newest SLX crankset from them at a killer price and the only thing missing was the fancy Shimano box.

mtbr member
    Been using them for years and have purchased quite a few of the same things listed by people already. I will say, when I built my last bike I was a little leery of buying an OEM reba. I called them and they assured me it was new, uncut, and never been mounted. For a discount of around 50% or so, I had to pull the trigger. Came in a no name box, wrapped in plastic with booklets, and just as the phone rep described it. Couldn't be happier. I wish the carried more clothing because they've had some great deals on clothing too.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

Life Is Short
    I spent $1200 2 years ago and bought that Ferrari CX60 bike from them. Was a bit pissed because a week or two later it was lowered to $999. Buyer beware. But I have bought parts from them, no problem.

Somebody else noted that they are buy-out kings. They buy stuff cheap in mass quantities and sell them cheap as well. Kind of like a bike parts clearing house.
    They have a warehouse in Huntington Park, CA that you can't visit. Forget anything new
    like 650b tires, forks and frames and embrace old school 26er stuff.
    Ride More, Eat More

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    they sell lots of OEM parts and don't advertise them as OEM.
    Some shops won't price match them because they know they sell OEM parts instead of retail packaging.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I just ordered a set of Shimano Ice tech m675 SLX disc brakes for the lowest price I could find anywhere. I had been searching for around a month or so. Once I saw the 50.00 free shipping offer, I made the order. The order took approximately 2 1/2 days to get to Madison Wisconsin from California, which is the fastest shipping I've ever received without paying a premium! I was expecting the shipping to be a bit slower but I was happily surprised. I made an order from Pricepoint for alligator rotors on the same day and they are not scheduled to be here until Feb. 5th and I paid 7.00 for the shipping! The brakes arrived wrapped in plastic which doesn't bother me at all because all of the adapters and small parts were there. The brakes are in perfect condition,not a single scratch or blemish. I was a bit apprehensive about ordering from them because of some of the stories I've read but I will certainly be ordering from them again because of this experience. Really happy with my purchase!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have ordered from them several times and I have been very pleased everytime with the product, price, and service.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nothing that other's have already said...I ordered a pair of SLX brakes and ice-tech rotors from there. They didn't come with original package but no big deal, everything was still nicely wrapped and taped up in bags. Being in Southern California, I think it came to me in two days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast