Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
    I paid about 40-50% of the items value in shipping fees on an item that I couldn't use. That's bad math and it's not acceptable, when other places will actually replace or refund for a broken item that they sent you.

If you buy $1000 worth of stuff from them and save 25% on average over other online retailers that is $250. If you then buy the wrong thing and have to pay $20 in shipping to return it, you still have saved $230.

The same things goes for priceline.com. I book almost all my hotels through priceline which is non refundable. On average I save 50%. Every once in awhile I have to cancel a trip and eat a hotel stay, but I am saving a ton in the long run.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    okay, fine. If you only order from someplace when you need $1000 worth of goods, go a head and use them.

When they send you broken **** that you can't use and they say "deal with it", enjoy shipping it back at your own expense.

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    I "helped" a friend order XT KIT ($ 850 + other items) for complete bike build. All parts in plastic bags, brake lines were also short (worked out perfectly for his size bike, lucky!), and cassette is back ordered for 4 weeks. Now they say 3 more weeks for XT 10 speed 11-36. Blue Sky is losing 2 customers now. At some point, they should walk down the street and walk into a shop, pay retail and send it for a loss. Guys at Wrench Science say that cassette is at all 3 suppliers and they could have it in 3 days if not in stock (full price). 5 week back order on $ 1,200 order is a joke! The bike is ready to ride, So he will cancel that cassette and buy retail to get rolling. Very bad experience. Blue Sky offered to reduce price to $66 for the delay, which is nice, but does not solve problem of riding new bike. Nowhere were we told parts OEM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2