Results 1 to 85 of 85
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    136

    Black Friday cycling deals thread

    Figured someone it would be discussed already but has anyone found any Black Friday deals on cycling items whether online or in-stores? Historically does anyone have good sales ect?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    114
    Vassago usually puts frames on sale.

  3. #3
    One Gear
    Reputation: .40AET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,064
    If there's a good sale, I can find something on one of my bikes that needs an upgrade. I didn't spend a dime last black friday. Maybe this year.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    931
    Haven't seen much good deals yet, but usually trainers go on sale.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,159
    Last year Cambriabike.com had 15 or 20% off everything, but i belive there are quite a few exclusions that are not listed. Hucknroll had some great sales on things last year, got some Freeriders for $35 and a Fox Flux for $34. Keep an eye out and sign up for news letters so you can get the heads up from you favorite retailers, i get about 10 emails a day from different sites but usually never miss out

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: yellowducman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Chello View Post
    Vassago usually puts frames on sale.
    I hope if they do it goes better this year than last year.

  7. #7
    Its got what plants crave
    Reputation: Jim311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,934
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowducman View Post
    I hope if they do it goes better this year than last year.

    No joke. I almost bought a Fisticuff last year and I'm glad I didn't. It took some people months to get their frames.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

  8. #8
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by asetliff View Post
    Figured someone it would be discussed already but has anyone found any Black Friday deals on cycling items whether online or in-stores? Historically does anyone have good sales ect?<iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://tinyurl.com/27shlk6" vspale=0></iframe>
    <iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://tinyurl.com/yz4gjyd" vspale=0></iframe>
    The emails and flyers for the cyber monday sales will probably start going out this Friday. They usually start announcing the sales the Friday before black Friday

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kevocastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    445
    Nothing interesting yet

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    396
    wheelworld will probably have a 20% off on their website.

    REI is currently having a winter sale, and almost everything in their store is 20% or more off.
    Niterider lites are 20% off, same with Yakima racks, and more. Not screaming deals, but still pretty good.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,701
    The sale ends today but Performance has some great sales on the Access 29ers...I was tempted but am looking for something that's SS compatible:

    $1399 - 2010 Access XCL 9.9 29" Mountain Bike - Gifts for Him

    Carbon 29er with Stan's rims for $1,199!
    2011 Access Stealth 4.0 29er Mountain Bike - Carbon Bikes

    For better components, the Access Stealth 3.0 is $1,599 and 2.0 is $2,199

  12. #12
    Austin, Texas
    Reputation: treaty_oak@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    152
    Five Ten has 10% off until December 2.
    Austin, Texas

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    25
    I am new to this sport but I am looking for a starter pair of MTB shoes, hope something good comes out this Friday. Thanks

  14. #14
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,206
    Just got a postcard from Performance - 20% off everything this weekend. Includes items already marked down.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,328
    I need a deal on a couple different Maxxis tires. Hoping that somebody has a good deal on Friday.

  16. #16
    I'm on fire.
    Reputation: Trigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    304
    Pricepoint just kicked off an early black Friday sale. Easton Havoc AM wheelset for $220!
    Sanity is the trademark of a weak mind.
    Cycle CNY

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11
    kustomcaps.com will be having a sale.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    252

    20% off @ Speedgoat

    Code 'BLACK9' to get 20% off 'Everything' good from 11/25 to 11/27
    The quiver: 2010 Santa Cruz Nomad, 2011 Specialized Demo II, 2011 Canfield Brothers Yelli Screamy.

  19. #19
    nocturnal oblivion
    Reputation: stumblemumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,330
    Quote Originally Posted by luisfer99 View Post
    I am new to this sport but I am looking for a starter pair of MTB shoes, hope something good comes out this Friday. Thanks
    The Sidi Giau I saw on Pricepoint for $80. Very good deal, I have a pair from when they used be called something else (same exact shoe, they just changed the name). Before that I had a pair of meh $60 shoes and the Sidis are a world apart, much lighter, stiff, vented, have held up with zero problems after many scrapes.

    And they run true to size.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

  20. #20
    banned
    Reputation: eauxgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    821

    XT 10spd Crankset $156.00 Shipped

    ..., but I am not telling where until I can grab my cc and get one first!

    OOPS!! Evidently Shimano is not available for the sale price...
    Last edited by eauxgod; 11-23-2011 at 10:12 AM.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: noosa2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by eauxgod View Post
    ..., but I am not telling where until I can grab my cc and get one first!
    Come on, spit it out.

  22. #22
    offroader
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,190
    if they mark it down more within 30 days then they will refund you the difference. That's what I did.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    254
    I clicked on the black Friday link on Vassagos site.it tok me to huck n roll,where the frames were marked down 25 percent.I asked if this was the sale for BF or would they be marked down more? No one could give me an answer.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    27
    Nashbar just put their 20% off , I'm sure that Performancebike will soon follow.

    Picked up a set of Sagauro 29er tires for $48.00

  25. #25
    nocturnal oblivion
    Reputation: stumblemumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,330
    Wheel Works has the WTB Mutano Raptor 2.4 for $16. It's the wire bead version, but for $16 it's a worthy tire. Unfortunately shipping on the one item is $10.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    47
    FYI, the Speedgoat "Black9" code is not truly 20% off everything. Items on closeouts do not work with the code. However, I used their "live chat" and the Speedgoat rep gave me an additional 12% off the closeout price. Got a Pivot Mach 429 frame in atomic red coming my way.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: joe_bloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    649

    Performance has the Diadora Escape for $50

    Quote Originally Posted by luisfer99 View Post
    I am new to this sport but I am looking for a starter pair of MTB shoes, hope something good comes out this Friday. Thanks
    I don't know what size you need, but I have the Diadora Escapes, got them from Performance. They seemed cheap when I got them, but I've put them through the wringer for the last year and they've held up much better than I could have expected. Performance has EU sizes 37, 42, 43 and 44.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1
    Art's Cyclery is offering 20% off their entire store and 10% off Gift Cards. Use the code SAVE20 at checkout. Check out artscyclery.com.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Radride View Post
    Art's Cyclery is offering 20% off their entire store and 10% off Gift Cards. Use the code SAVE20 at checkout. Check out artscyclery.com.
    AWESOME! just grabbed a troy lee d3 for $190 with free 2 day shipping.

  30. #30
    30-ton War Machine
    Reputation: edgerat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by TNeed View Post
    FYI, the Speedgoat "Black9" code is not truly 20% off everything. Items on closeouts do not work with the code. However, I used their "live chat" and the Speedgoat rep gave me an additional 12% off the closeout price. Got a Pivot Mach 429 frame in atomic red coming my way.
    It is also not good on Santa Cruz or, Niner. Or, some wheelsets.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,042
    Performance has 20% off everything EXCEPT Black Friday sale prices and clearance bikes. So "regular" sale prices are 20% off. Not bad. And that includes sale bikes (but not clearance bikes).

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20
    Chainlove is having a sale on Tuesday including $1 deals. It was on their Facebook page.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    103
    Heres the performance bike teaser:

    Exclusive Sneak Preview: Black Friday Deals

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4
    Price Point Black Friday Flyer

    pricepoint.com/promos/email_special_nov11_4.htm?offer=EMA11EM4]Black Friday Sale - 4 Days Only!
    2010 Giant Reign 0
    2005 Specialized Allez Elite

    "You can either live fast or die slow"

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5
    Can someone give some opinions on the Diamondback Men's Response XE on sale for $249 on BF at Dick's Sporting Goods? This would be for a college kid to get around campus and to the stores with maybe just a little riding some trails for fun on a weekend. Budget is a big factor for us and this would be an early Christmas present. We know nothing about bicycles beyond the basics. Thanks!

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    82
    FYI... I emailed PricePoint asking if free shipping would be offered again for Black Friday. (They offered a free shipping promo about a month ago.)

    The response was "no", saying they have lowered prices to better effect than free shipping. Based on the items I have been watching, I do agree. I was hoping to double up on sale prices and free shipping.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    25
    Thanks for all info posted here, I was able to buy a pair of Northwave Lizzard Pro S.B.S shoes and a set of shimano 520 pedals for 99 shipped.

    Hope is a good deal. Thanks again.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5
    In researching a potential bike purchase I came across a cyber sale at sunrisecyclery . com (I can't post links yet). Coupon code is "cyber" for 20% off parts, accessories, apparell, unicycles, scooters, and tricycles. I don't know a thing about this retailer but just thought I'd share the info since I've already gotten serveral nice replies from people about my questions. Happy Thanksgiving!

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigodeal View Post
    In researching a potential bike purchase I came across a cyber sale at sunrisecyclery . com (I can't post links yet). Coupon code is "cyber" for 20% off parts, accessories, apparell, unicycles, scooters, and tricycles. I don't know a thing about this retailer but just thought I'd share the info since I've already gotten serveral nice replies from people about my questions. Happy Thanksgiving!
    I can't post links either, but do what I did, just leave out the "www" part.
    2010 Giant Reign 0
    2005 Specialized Allez Elite

    "You can either live fast or die slow"

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,781
    Chain Reaction Cycles has free shipping today only (Thursday 11/24) that can be combined with various coupon codes.

    They also have Formula RX brakes on clearance for $87 (1000mm hose length only)

    I just picked up a set for $160.55 shipped using coupon code USD15.

    (note: they picture blue anodized on the caliper but they will ship red)

    Also,

    Competitive cyclist has Formula R1 rotors for $27 each + shipping.

    If you need a light set of brakes for a not so bad price this can be the way to go. I have another hose for the rear and the Formula bleed kit.... If you have to buy a hose this can quickly turn into a not that hot of a deal. YMMV
    Killing it with close inspection.

  41. #41
    Trail Ninja
    Reputation: Varaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,745
    Point1 Racing is having a Black Friday sale. E-mail them if interested at their "info" e-mail address.

    4 Day SALE (Thursday-Sunday)
    15% off ANY 1 product
    20% off ANY 2 products
    25% off ANY 3 or more products

    FREE domestic freight on $200+ order
    FLAT $20 international freight

    Point One Racing - Light Weight Precision Mountain Bike Racing Stems and Accessories

    They also have 3 sets of used demo Podium pedals, in raw alu finish, for sale for 40% off ($179 -> $107.40 + SH). E-mail if interested in those too.

    I'm not affiliated with Point1. I just cropped and resized this pic. Source: Point One Newsfeed: Used Pedal Sale!

    Is it me or is that half circle cutout in the cardboard causing an optical illusion? If I didn't know better, I'd imagine the pedals, in the box on the left, had one edge of the pedal resting on the front edge of the box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Black Friday cycling deals thread-point1podium.jpg  


  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EatWorkRide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    72
    According to the website,Tree Fort is matching all other websites weekend deals. I might make a list of the best deals on other sites and order everything there, if they have it in stock.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by EatWorkRide View Post
    According to the website,Tree Fort is matching all other websites weekend deals. I might make a list of the best deals on other sites and order everything there, if they have it in stock.
    We've got our latest customer matches auto populating on a special Cyber-er Weekend Price Machine homepage. Just go to the Tree Fort Bikes main page for our compiled list of Black Friday / Cyber Weekend Price Matches at the treefortbikes.com - Cyber-er Weekend Edition

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by treefortbikes View Post
    We've got our latest customer matches auto populating on a special Cyber-er Weekend Price Machine homepage. Just go to the Tree Fort Bikes main page for our compiled list of Black Friday / Cyber Weekend Price Matches at the treefortbikes.com - Cyber-er Weekend Edition
    I think this is the best idea i have seen and you actually match the prices. Now i have to wait til Christmas for my brakes....

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by solidasarock7 View Post
    Bicycle Outfitters Indy dot com
    code is "CHRISTMAS11" for 25% off your entire order. No order limit , No savings cap. It works on alot of high end stuff normally you cannot get coupons to work w/. good through Cycber Monday midnight




    Sincerely,
    john
    owner
    BOI
    Bicycle Outfitters Indy dot com
    Just tried the promo code and got "Sorry, that promo code is invalid." Nice.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by eauxgod View Post
    ..., but I am not telling where until I can grab my cc and get one first!

    OOPS!! Evidently Shimano is not available for the sale price...
    Wheelworld has the xt 10 speed dynasys cranks for 139 after applying coupon code CYBER. Came to 153.99 shipped for me although I didn't buy it.
    Killing it with close inspection.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11
    Kustomcaps.com is running a 25% off sale on all custom headset caps (everything in the store) with the the code KUSTOMMONDAY at checkout from now through tomorrow night.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by solidasarock7 View Post
    Bicycle Outfitters Indy dot com
    code is "CHRISTMAS11" for 25% off your entire order. No order limit , No savings cap. It works on alot of high end stuff normally you cannot get coupons to work w/. good through Cycber Monday midnight




    Sincerely,
    john
    owner
    BOI
    Bicycle Outfitters Indy dot com
    Worked for me! Thanks John for posting this. Couldn't find a better deal even through price matching (touchy subject lately )

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4
    Noticed discounttrisupply dot com has 25% off a single item for cyber monday -- more road parts, but they have most of the full line of Park tools (picked up a TS 2.2 Truing Stand for $150)

  50. #50
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,277
    Cycling Socks, Running Socks, Custom socks, Mountain Biking Socks, Bicycle Socks
    "Use coupon code "702011" at check out to activate the discount...
    Select as many pairs as you want.
    No Limits per customer."

    (copy/paste from e-mail I got...) Have fun! Too bad they don't have thick wool winter socks!

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,328
    Cambria Bike has 10% off all items and free shipping if you use the code 'cyberx'.

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: joe_bloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    649

    Sweet!

    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    Cambria Bike has 10% off all items and free shipping if you use the code 'cyberx'.
    I've been wanting to get some Geax Gato TNT 29er tires for a while now, and Cambria had the best price. Then this offer comes along -- you just saved me $25! Thanks! +Rep!

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Point1 Racing is having a Black Friday sale. E-mail them if interested at their "info" e-mail address.

    4 Day SALE (Thursday-Sunday)
    15% off ANY 1 product
    20% off ANY 2 products
    25% off ANY 3 or more products

    FREE domestic freight on $200+ order
    FLAT $20 international freight

    Point One Racing - Light Weight Precision Mountain Bike Racing Stems and Accessories

    They also have 3 sets of used demo Podium pedals, in raw alu finish, for sale for 40% off ($179 -> $107.40 + SH). E-mail if interested in those too.

    I'm not affiliated with Point1. I just cropped and resized this pic. Source: Point One Newsfeed: Used Pedal Sale!

    Is it me or is that half circle cutout in the cardboard causing an optical illusion? If I didn't know better, I'd imagine the pedals, in the box on the left, had one edge of the pedal resting on the front edge of the box.
    Long gone I found out this weekend.
    konahonzo

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PartTimeMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by TimTucker View Post
    Noticed discounttrisupply dot com has 25% off a single item for cyber monday -- more road parts, but they have most of the full line of Park tools (picked up a TS 2.2 Truing Stand for $150)
    Couldn't find the ts 2.2, maybe they removed it?

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by PartTimeMI View Post
    Couldn't find the ts 2.2, maybe they removed it?
    Odd... was definitely there this morning, but I can't find it either.

    Still some nice deals to be had on other Park stuff, though -- EK-1 kit for $400 is about as good as you're going to find (I'd picked one up a while back with one of their 20% off coupons) -- and if you're a little too obsessive there's always the MK-195...

  56. #56
    Birdman aka JMJ
    Reputation: Birdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by getshust View Post
    Kustomcaps.com is running a 25% off sale on all custom headset caps (everything in the store) with the the code KUSTOMMONDAY at checkout from now through tomorrow night.
    Excellent! Thanks. I just ordered some great stocking-stuffers.

    JMJ

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2clue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,375
    GoPro HD Helmet Hero Digital Video Camera | eBay

    GoPro 1 for $150 shipped! NEW!

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tfrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    129

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by treefortbikes View Post
    We've got our latest customer matches auto populating on a special Cyber-er Weekend Price Machine homepage. Just go to the Tree Fort Bikes main page for our compiled list of Black Friday / Cyber Weekend Price Matches at the treefortbikes.com - Cyber-er Weekend Edition
    Thanks, ordered a set of XT m785 brakes... no tax or shipping costs too!

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,159
    Mikesbikes.com has 20% off everything except 2012 specialized products. Feedback sports pro elite stand is $210... with discount = $168 . Also X0 rear derailleur long cage blue $175 = $140.
    No free shipping but pretty decent.

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lunge Bob Sweatpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    171
    Just noticed Speedgoats Black Friday deal has been extended through today (was supposed to end yesterday at midnight).

    Ordered a set of King hubs at a great price with free shipping (orders over $100).
    Life is not a spectator sport

    http://www.facebook.com/landsharkracing

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    102
    Anything for Today ?

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    102
    Just noticed pricepoint's sale

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cynical19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    159
    Have you guys seen any deals on Fox Shocks?

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    82
    Cambria Bike is offering 10% off plus free shipping today only. The coupon code is on the main page of their site.

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    136
    Chainlove.com and bonktown.com are having cyber Tuesday today. I've seen some crazy deals.

    Check out past deals at gearscan.com

  66. #66
    Trail Ninja
    Reputation: Varaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,745
    I spent so much more last holiday season than this one. I'm seeing a lot of retailers extending sales and going off of hype of "great deals" around this time, rather than actually offering any good deals on stuff you want. I guess they're counting on the fact that peoples' wallets are looser. It just makes me facepalm when I see shops raise their prices to allow a coupon or simply advertise "regular" sale prices and tag their ad with "save up to xx%", such as PricePoint with that $50 toolset of theirs.

    I was honestly hoping for a Backcountry coupon for 20 off 100, at least.

  67. #67
    offroader
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,190
    Curse cyber deals are going to make me broke!

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cynical19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    159
    Have any of you actually tried to go into your local Bike Shops and see if there offering any discounts.
    I went today to RB cycles here in Miami and they gave me a 20% off my seat post.

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    88
    I just got a coupon for the Triathlete Store for 30% off of any one item over $150. Not sure how much they have in the way of bike gear but might be useful for some of you.

    Code = 8126 It expires on Dec 5th on is shareable...

    The Triathlete Store - Home Page

  70. #70
    empty beer member
    Reputation: WrecklessREX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical19 View Post
    Have any of you actually tried to go into your local Bike Shops and see if there offering any discounts.
    I went today to RB cycles here in Miami and they gave me a 20% off my seat post.
    I got a set of stock Stans Crest 29 for $389 local. They had a lot of sweet deals on custom builds too.

  71. #71
    Birdman aka JMJ
    Reputation: Birdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by EZRider 19 View Post
    Just noticed pricepoint's sale
    LOL

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by asetliff View Post
    Chainlove.com and bonktown.com are having cyber Tuesday today. I've seen some crazy deals.

    Check out past deals at gearscan.com
    They actually increased prices for their "sale". The zoke fork that was selling for 289 all last week was 329 today. They were selling nothing but crap today. They lost my business for sure!

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qdawgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    761
    Yeah - I didn't see any "deals" at all.

  74. #74
    offroader
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,190
    Quote Originally Posted by apacherider View Post
    They actually increased prices for their "sale". The zoke fork that was selling for 289 all last week was 329 today. They were selling nothing but crap today. They lost my business for sure!
    Yea chainlove had zero deals.

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    38
    the only good one was a niterider headlight for $25, but that was at 5AM and they only had four of them. the rest all sucked, i monitored the site all day but it was the same old stuff.

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,465
    For real!!! The Chainlove overhyped sale was overhyped. I complained on their FB page along with a few other people and they didn't like it lol. Between the lights, the $0.99 fenders and a few 661 full face helmets for $49 (from $400 and only XL), the sale was a big let down for sure.
    konahonzo

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cracka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    156
    Nothing tempted me to pull the trigger this weekend. That means one of two things, I either have enough mountain biking gear or the deals weren't all that great. Although I'm pretty sure one can never have enough gear....

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,159
    I was pretty unimpressed although i did get '12 XT brake set with ice tech rotors for $310 out the door. Last year seemed a lot better.

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    143
    I pickup up a new Niner Air9 Raw color from jensonusa.com for 499. super deal cause today they are at 575. can't wait until next tuesday

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    I was pretty unimpressed although i did get '12 XT brake set with ice tech rotors for $310 out the door. Last year seemed a lot better.
    BlueSkyCycling has a good deal on the new xt brakes with standard rotors for $109 each + shipping. Looks like only the fronts are available now.

    https://www.blueskycycling.com/view_...t.php?pid=2409
    Killing it with close inspection.

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mestapho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by FireLikeIYA View Post
    BlueSkyCycling has a good deal on the new xt brakes WITH ice rotors for $109 each + shipping. Looks like only the fronts are available now.

    https://www.blueskycycling.com/view_...t.php?pid=2409
    Those aren't ice tech rotors.
    They're also 160's if that matters.

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manchvegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,119
    the chainlove sale was a big fat joke! Not ONE thing I was interested. Almost all the shorts an crap weren't even mountain bike related! DUMB! Waste of time monitoring it! I got better deals last week off huck an roll with the coupon code on here.
    Full time rider part time racer...

    See my adventures here..

    https://www.instagram.com/projectnortheast/

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    91
    i'm feeling the same about the chainlove cyber tuesday, especially since they were hoopla-ing it all up. did anyone snag any good deals? i didn't even see any of the $1 deals, but i was only checking sporadically at work.

  84. #84
    Stucco Bucket
    Reputation: the_owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    the chainlove sale was a big fat joke! Not ONE thing I was interested. Almost all the shorts an crap weren't even mountain bike related! DUMB! Waste of time monitoring it! I got better deals last week off huck an roll with the coupon code on here.
    yea, big let down.
    THere wasnt crap. Except the Driver 8 frame, but it was 8 dollars cheaper on Huck n Roll!

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    931
    Disappointed, no good deals on either Revelation or Float forks so far.

Similar Threads

  1. Black Friday Cycling Deals?
    By millennium in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 03:52 PM
  2. Black Friday Deals!
    By bond007jms in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 09:59 AM
  3. What are some of the Black Friday deals?
    By ScareyH22A in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 08:02 PM
  4. Black Friday/Cyber Monday apply to Cycling?
    By taikuodo in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 04:01 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •