Oct 2009

Bikewagon.com

Any feedback on www.bikewagon.com?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    bought pedals from them a few years back. they were fine would use again

Birdman aka JMJ

through ebay

I bought a cable set from them through ebay a few months ago. They shipped the wrong one. I notified them and they had the right ones sent out in short order, along with a shipping label to handle the return of the incorrect parts.

Okay in my book. Check out their $3 parts bin.

JMJ

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I inevitably end up buying a couple of things from them each year - usually cranksets and saddles. Customer service is very high and the deals are sometimes terrific.
    They seem to treat their Canadian customers better than many of established online stores. The $3 bin is definitely worth a look if you are purchasing something else.

No, that's not phonetic
    I have used them a few times via eBay. Always a positive experience.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Bought the wife a pair of specialized shoes from them off ebay. We ended up with someone else's shoes. I had to wait for them to send me a shipping label snail mail, then forward the shoes to the correct person, all the while hoping that she would do the same on her end. pain in the butt. But it worked out.

Obviously, If i wasn't buying an item that they only had one of they probably would have just sent me a replacement directly. They sent me a free t-shirt, which is actually a really nice quality shirt that was super comfortable without having to wash it 20 times. So, anyway, I'll buy from them again if I come across them.

29 some of the time...
    I had a negative experience with the guy a few years back on a used wheelset that came in a bit rougher than claimed. I left a neutral feedback for him and he zinged my account with a negative. Left a major WTF taste in my mouth.

That said since he has changed names and really upped his ebay sales over the years he is way better. Basically went from a small fish with questionable used stock to a big fish clearing loads of oem overstock (from the looks of it). I have purchased a couple of NOS items off him this year and no complaints on that stuff. Watch for items with best offer, he will usually take 10% off without question or haggling.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

Appalachian Singletrack'n
    I bought a saint crank from them on EBAY. The description didn't say what the BB size was 68/73 or 83 so I asked. They responded quickly stating it was a 68/73 so I bought the crank with Buy-it-now stating in the pay pal comments that I had ben told it was a 68/73. The next day I got a message it shipped and about 5 min later a new message reply to my original question stating that it was in fact an 83. I called them up and they stopped it from shipping and refunded my payment. I thought it was cool and the problem had been avoided. Then about 2 weeks later they left me feedback comments stating I was a problem buyer and sellers should be wary.

I would never buy from them again and its a shame because they keep listing something I want on EBAY and they are the only source I can find for the item.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by crosscountryman
    Any feedback on www.bikewagon.com?

Thanks!
    Disclosure, please
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thanks for the feedback, I am an employee there and was really curious to hear what other people had to say about us.
    crosscountryman

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    i just bought a Manitou 4-way that's leaking pretty bad...I've yet to dive into it with them, but I'll let you know how it goes.

knock-knock...
    Good lord,

i've bought from there, and was fairly pleased with my purchase, but don't become another one of the one's using mtbr as a shill site.

there's enough of them already making this place smell.

I decided I might try posting over here a little more. I felt like it might be good to correct some of the wrong advice and try and make it a little more friendly to the mountain biker with a question; to try and combat the rampant shouting out of whatever you own as best, but this is just fantastic. just fantastic.

Between reading this, and the whole vtolds/dremer/sette shite that was happening in the beginners corner/recycle bin, i'm pretty turned off.
    i smell a rat-Patrick Henry

29 some of the time...
    Disclosure is a good thing to post upfront

I just received another couple of items from bikewagon. I expected oem overstock and actually received two items that were new and in original packaging. Another thumbsup from me.

1+1
    going for a ride
    I bought 4 Michelin 32 and 4 michy 16 from them a couple months back after looking everywhere in the world(literally). Bikewagon had a killer deal on them for like 20bucks each and I thought that cannot be true, try searching for michelin dh32, the other shops didn't have stock and they were like $60-80 plus shipping. I was skeptical, but it's too good of a deal to pass on. Anyways my cc would refund me if merchant shipped goods that were not as advertised, so I dove in.
    I had those 8 tires shipped to China where I'm now living. After some hassles with online payment, we got things sorted out and the tires went out by usps int. I got them 10 days later, no tax(you'll get 25% tax if you fedex stuff to China) and they were as advertised.
    So now I'm sitting on these mint michy dh's that I cannot get a hold of anymore cause they're out of production and there are the ONLY suitable treads for my vtach for where I ride now.
    So yeah, a big thumbs up for the crew at bikewagon, will definitely order from them again if they have something I need in stock. (Their biggest drawback is their limited selection, but hey there'll other online shops out there, such as the big J)
    Oh, and one more thing, I paid $150 for postage and the real bill is actually like $160 and they didn't ask me for the extra charges, so props up to them for absorbing some of the cost to make a customer happy.

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by skottt160
    Good lord, .
    Indeed.

The employee post is from the end of October, so I'm afraid you're too late to save us from the evil scourge of bikewagon spam.

Crusades can be entertaining though, so carry on.
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

knock-knock...
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob
    Indeed.

The employee post is from the end of October, so I'm afraid you're too late to save us from the evil scourge of bikewagon spam.

observation is clearly my strong suit.
    i smell a rat-Patrick Henry

29 some of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob
    Ooo, I love Monty Python

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapTrek
    i just bought a Manitou 4-way that's leaking pretty bad...I've yet to dive into it with them, but I'll let you know how it goes.
    so far so good.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I wanted a pair of Brake levers for my Hayes brakes, saw them on ebay and there was a problem with the listing. The Title didn't match the description. I sent them 2 emails asking if they would clarify, I never heard back from them. I ordered the levers anyways after reading that they have a 30 day no questions asked return policy.

Sure enough I got the wrong levers. I quickly emailed them and again a few hrs later and by the end of the day still never heard back. I was kind of ticked, this was 4 emails they they NEVER even acknowledged. The only time I got that kind of treatment on ebay, is when I have been ripped off. I panic'd and quickly put in an ebay complaint. Next day they emailed me and and said to be patient, that they "always reply to emails within 24 hrs". I called them out on it and said that if they replied to my initial emails I may not have gotten the wrong item in the first place.

I was told to send the item back for a refund. Just got confirmation that they recieved it, hope they send money soon. They never offered to pay for my shipping back, I should have asked/expected it. I am a little ticked since I ended up paying $7 for shipping back and have wasted a lot of time trying to deal with it.

I have returned stuff to Price Point and Cambria and it is really smooth, these guys aren't nearly as good, professional and never seem like they get back to you unless you threaten them.

Oh well, I guess I learned who not to buy from on ebay. Its a shame, my roots are from Utah and noticed they are a Utah company, so I kind of favored buying stuff from them. Too bad.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    before the second email wouldn't you just call them? before filing a complaint wouldn't you just call them?

they explained to me they pay the shipping on the new one back to me and i pay for the shipping to them...seemed fair to me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    before the second email wouldn't you just call them? before filing a complaint wouldn't you just call them?

they explained to me they pay the shipping on the new one back to me and i pay for the shipping to them...seemed fair to me.
    Because my work/profession and work hours do not allow for me to call them on the phone during their business hours. Not all of us have a job where we sit in front of a computer or have a phone attached to our ear. I imagine that is one of the reasons people use email in the first place.

regarding the shipping. Cambria, who sent me the wrong item, is paying for shipping to me and shipping back. Seems pretty logical since it was a listing error on their part, just like bikewagon. No biggy, I am not rushing to call the Better Business Bureau or anything, just no more business from me.

The OP asked a question, so I answered it. I didn't come on to mtbr.com to look to start ripping on a vendor. I just happen to see the thread and replied. Normally if you ask a question, expect an honest answer. There is obviously a reason for him to ask.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    silly me, i guess next time you won't buy something where the title doesn't match the description...kind of like staying away from stuff that's "too good to be true".

no hard feelings, just figured if it was important enough where a phone call would be feasible no matter where or what you did for work...and the more direct route.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    silly me, i guess next time you won't buy something where the title doesn't match the description...kind of like staying away from stuff that's "too good to be true".

no hard feelings, just figured if it was important enough where a phone call would be feasible no matter where or what you did for work...and the more direct route.
    I probably should clarify:

1. The product was something that I thought was close enough that it could fit on both. I bought a pair of brake levers, and it said they are for Hayes Mag brakes, then the description said HFX-9. (there seems to be a lot of confusion between the Mag, Mag HFX and the HFX-9). I tried to do a lot of research including emailing them and I couldn;t figure out if the lever fit both brakes, but I figured it would since it was under the same product, etc.... When I got the product I realized it wouldn't work.

2. I wont go into details, but it is pretty much impossible for me to drop my Patients and call a company out of state regarding a product for my bike. Esp since I could just email them later.

It really isn't a big deal, and I don't want to continue to argue about it, but it is obvious to me from the above posts that there seems to be a common theme here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Recent Bikewagon experience

Purchased a NEW Shimano XT M760 175mm length crankset via ebay buy it now (2/2010). Pay immediately (need the parts). Parts ship, arrive. Drive side is 175mm, non-drive side is 170mm, great, maybe I shim my shoe??? They honor the return, make it all OK money wise, but still a complete waste of my time.