mtbr member
    Aug 2007

bikepro.com still innit?

Is it possible to purchase some of the listings on bikepro.com?

It really doesn't seem like it is possible to get in contact with them, and I am also not sure whether the site is just maintained for the purpose of being an archive .

Got some really nice stuff listed, though.

human dehumidifier
    Don't you find it odd that they list all these canti brakes, but no disc brakes?

http://www.bikepro.com/products/brakes/brakes.shtml
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    yes I find it very odd, hence the question. Perhaps it is some weird shop stocking all kinds of retro-kit, but I take from your answer, it is just an archive. Which again, I still find odd, given no mentioning of such and the recent note about Lance's 2009 tour. Really seems like an quickly abandoned facility, but why is still online then?

Former Bike Wrench
    Its a resource guide for older parts...they don't sell anything and haven't for at least 10 years. But whomever owns the domain name keeps it going, which is nice because there are some really good resources on it.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Well this is where the story gets funny... apparently, the phone number works again... or rather, some other bike store now has that number. You call...they claim they have the stuff in the online catalog... and well... since the old bikepro went bankrupt and there was a massive parts clearout when it happened... I doubt anything from the old online guide resource is really still available for those prices from 1996 still.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    They were in Santa Rosa, CA. I remember reading an article that they shut down suddenly with no warning -- speculation about IRS troubles. I bought a bunch of stuff from them in the late 90s. Miss them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    Well this is where the story gets funny... apparently, the phone number works again... or rather, some other bike store now has that number. You call...they claim they have the stuff in the online catalog... and well... since the old bikepro went bankrupt and there was a massive parts clearout when it happened... I doubt anything from the old online guide resource is really still available for those prices from 1996 still.
    So it is possible to purchase some the stuff listed in the online catalog? If you picked up the entire clearout, why wait 10 years to make all this stuff available again? Sounds like a scam.

mtbr member
    Scam? No. It's an archive of the owners hard work of a bike shop that unfortunately went under. You can't buy those products, they are long gone. If I had put the time into making the site like Frank did, I'd keep it going as well. It is a incredible resource. A few people might even be lucky enough to have the printed catalog they made for a while. Frank's no longer in the bike business, but I hope he keeps the site running for a long time. Reminds me of the time I was a kid and got to frequent the store.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    They used to run a two page ad on MBA magazine every month, probably listed over two hundred items, phone book style. Description and price in small fine print.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob
    Don't you find it odd that they list all these canti brakes, but no disc brakes?

http://www.bikepro.com/products/brakes/brakes.shtml
    It is very odd

mtbr member
    Not odd considering the year the content of that page was created.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    The 1-800- Bike Pro 94/95 catalog was the best...Well I haven't seen anything like it since...catalog ever made. That's what the MTB industry needs. More catalogs like that. To learn from. Still got mine.(96 too) Still love it.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld