mtbr member
    Sep 2012

bikepartsexpress.com.......SUPER SCAMMERS

i have finally decided to post a complaint because I don't know what else to do

I ordered bike shoes from BPE. They were sent and were 1 size too small (bummer), so i immediately sent them back, with a note stating that I would like the correct size sent, or a refund.

This was in Mid July. I got a call the next week, saying they didn't have the size and were refunding my card.

I never saw a refund. I have called the customer service number so many times I can't count anymore. The kid who answers told me "that is out of my hands, the owner Rick has to follow up". Rick does not return my emails or calls.

SO........BIKEPARTSEXPRESS TOOK MY MONEY, I HAVE NO SHOES TO SHOW FOR IT, AND THEY REFUSE TO ISSUE A REFUND...........THAT IS STEALING!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Call your CC company and report it. You have, I believe, 120 days to file a dispute.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Your experience is better than mine.

Ordered a crankset, got charged. Can't reach a single person on the phone number. Been calling every 10 minutes for the last 5 days. No replies to email. Found this on their other site, sagecycles.com, should be a hint of what kind of business they are. Filed a complaint with BBB. Utah Location
    Sage Cycles
    483 Airport Road # A5
    Heber City, Utah 84032

We are located just south of downtown Heber City by the airport.

By phone toll free - 1(800) 245 3206

Hours
    Mon - Fri 10 AM - 5:30 PM - Sat and Sun Closed

Customer Service

1. Look DipShit, FREE SHIPPING is free to you, but not for me. So since I'm paying for your shipping, I get to choose what shipping method I'm gonna use and NO, I'm gonna pay your oversize fees also. If you don't know what an oversize fee is, go look it up, I'm not Google
    2. We like to start our Mondays with an empty email inbox so we delete all the emails that are sent over the weekend.
    3. If you call us to ask “wheres my shit” while we are trying to pack your ****, your shits gonna gets delayed.
    4. Don’t ask us for free **** on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
    5. If you want us to ignore you, start your emails off with “You guys should…”, “Let me give you some feedback on the build spec for the…”, “Why don’t you guys…” or “I have a great idea for you”
    6. Any email with any of the following words or phrases in it will automatically be deleted: pissed, gnarly, rad, huffy, gotcha, just sayin, stoked, epic, seriously, ASAP
    7. If you call us while you’re drinking beer in a noisy pub you will get hung up on.
    8. What’s voicemail?
    9. If you took the time to find our email address or phone number on our website why couldn’t you click your mouse 2 more times to find out what type of handlebars we have in stock?
    10. Your opinion is wrong.
    11. If you swear at us on the phone be ready to hear our impression of a dial tone.
    12. No. We’re not going to sponsor your ride across the country/state/mountain range by sending you a free bike. We don’t care how kick ass of a blogger/photographer/writer you think you are. If you were that great, you wouldn’t have to ask.
    13. Go ahead. Talk **** about us on “the forums”. Tell everyone how crappy of a company we are because we wouldn’t give you free wheelset when you made a taco out of the one you bought from us when you hit that 10 foot drop while JRA. See where that gets you.
    14. The most important part of this acronym – ETA - is ESTIMATED. **** happens. Boats sink, trains derail, production slows, things don’t pass QC, we changed our mind, the color sucked, dock workers strike, planes crash, blizzards, tornados, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, pirates.
    15. The name is Sage Cycles. What did you expect, Rosemary and Thyme, shithead?

Don’t forget to pack.Have a nice day at: info@sagecycles.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    You should have looked a little further down this forum page and you would have found this...

BikePartsExpress.com SCAM
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*
    *2013 Intense Spider 29...Custom Build*

mtbr member
    Whenever I see any site that looks like they have good deals that could be too good to be true, I try to dig through the forums here to see if there are any complaints against the place.

It looks like you are not the only one to have issues. kevinboyer also provided another thread in the post above mine. The combination of those threads would have scared me away.

Hopefully this'll be one more thread to make it easier for the next person to make an educated decision about whether or not to use these guys or not.