Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    unrooted
    Just an FYI: They are the same company as UtahMountainBiking Home Index

I ordered a couple things last week, used Paypal to pay for them and never received an order confirmation email, and Paypal was never updated with any information about shipping. I called the phone number shown on the bikepartsexpress.com website (801-653-2687) and it went to voicemail that said it was bikepartsexpress.com, next I called the phone number shown on the yelp page (Utah Mountain Biking - Lehi, UT | Yelp), (801) 653-2689, and the phone was picked up within 3 rings and the guy on the other line claims that my order was shipped friday and the tracking number says it will be at my house today.

Hopefully they are becoming more legitamate, but not sending any type of email about my order makes me think they have a ways to go if they plan on competing with "real" online bike shops.
    195 lbs-6'4" Banshee Prime XL
    Ride Mammoth, Tahoe & Vegas

PLEASE GIVE ME NEGATIVE REP!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I would like to share a recent experience using BikePartsExpress.com.

I ordered a set a brakes and shifters from them on 6/26/14. I wanted to price match, so the site says to leave a message with matching site link in the "notes" sections during checkout. Well, there isn't a notes section, and clicking the "continue checkout" button placed my order. This was a bit frustrating because I got charged the non-matched price. I called the number on the website and the guy who answered was hesitant to match the full discounted price, but eventually did*. He knew there was no "notes" section during checkout, claiming he (they?) were new to price matching. He said that they would cancel the original charge and charge me the new, adjusted amount. I got an immediate confirmation email saying I was charged the full price, but my credit card said they were only charging me the discounted price. I let it go. The email also included a USPS tracking code, which is always nice.

I received the parts yesterday (6/30), which included a weekend, in good shape. The receipt said the full price, but was only charged the discounted price. All-in-all I would order through them again if they had the best price. Their price matching system isn't great, and needs a lot of work, but I've had bad experiences with TreeFort price matching as well.

* The price was matched to the competing site including the amount they would charge for shipping, seeing that I was getting free shipping via BPE.com.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I'm shopping around for a Rockshox Bluto fork. These guys have the lowest price by far, almost $100 lower than anywhere else. Since it was low enough of a price to double check to see if it is a scam, I did so and found this thread.

I see some recent posts that indicate that I might actually be okay ordering from this outfit. I don't really need the fork until fall, so slow shipping doesn't bother me at all. I think I might end up passing though due to the posts from the people that didn't receive anything at all.

unrooted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    I'm shopping around for a Rockshox Bluto fork. These guys have the lowest price by far, almost $100 lower than anywhere else. Since it was low enough of a price to double check to see if it is a scam, I did so and found this thread.

I see some recent posts that indicate that I might actually be okay ordering from this outfit. I don't really need the fork until fall, so slow shipping doesn't bother me at all. I think I might end up passing though due to the posts from the people that didn't receive anything at all.
    It's a crap-shoot, but if I was you I would either wait till fall or try some other means to purchase the fork. Look up Rock Shox Pike on Pinkbikes for sale section, there are some people there that can help you out.
    195 lbs-6'4" Banshee Prime XL
    Ride Mammoth, Tahoe & Vegas

PLEASE GIVE ME NEGATIVE REP!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I don't want to wait too late into the year. My experience with fatbike stuff, especially new fatbike stuff, is that it's unavailable (out of stock) from October to about March. I saw an ebay deal for a 120mm Bluto for $579 that I should have pulled the trigger on, now it looks like I'll be shelling out $643. That's why the $559 BPX deal looks tempting. I'll give it another week or two to see if a better deal pops up before I spend the $643.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    See if Jenson will price match the fork. I recently had Jenson price match BPE on a set of rims.

mtbr member
    First, try your local bike shop and see if they can come close to the price. Hey, they'll likely install it for free. I generally always hit my LBS first... support local. If that does not work out, try Jenson's price match. I've found them to be one of the best online retailers. Do NOT give BPE your business. They will frustrate you with ambiguity, and then it's a crapshoot on when/if you ever get the product you order.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    It looks like Jenson is OOS on the crown lockout fork.

I won't even have the frame for at least a couple more months but I'm getting worried that a Bluto will be hard to find by then. Always supply issues with anything fatbike related it seems.

I'm REALLY kicking myself for not pulling the trigger last week. I was waiting to sell a bike (which sold over the weekend) to have some more cash in my pocket before ordering. Should not have waited.

I won't lie, it's tempting to call BPE and see if I can get a hold of someone there and ask whether the fork is truly available and when it would arrive and such. It looks too risky dealing with those folks though.

unrooted

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6