Thread: bikeparts.com

Class Clown

bikeparts.com

anyone use? legit?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    They are one of my local shops, Peak Cycles here in Golden, CO

This is their internet site. Very legit, great people and fast.
    RUFUSPHOTO
    Action Sports Freelance Photographer
    www.ryancathrall.com

mtbr member
    Good shop. Reputable. Good CS. I like using next day in store pickup since they're not far from me. Their prices aren't always the greatest, and they don't keep much in their local store, but they're good guys. I usually only order from them when I need something quick because of their prices. It just sucks that you still have to order online the day before even if you pick up local because they won't bring items over from their warehouse to the store without you purchasing it first. They'll refund you if you don't like it, but you can't really try before you buy. They also take a day to get it over to the shop despite having a local warehouse, and if you want it on Saturday, you have to order on Thursday. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a big local shop, but oh well. I'd probably spend so much money with them if they carried more in store or at least had their warehouse in the same physical location.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Unhappy experience

Just want to add my first (and probably last) experience with Bikeparts.

After ordering some Manitou Shock mounting hardwear from Bikewagon, Bikewagon immediately informed me they didn' t have them in stock anymore and gave me the choice of a refund or waiting a bit longer (+ 5 $ coupon for the trouble).

As I needed the parts fast, I ordered at Bikeparts: their site indicated they had them in stock.
    Some 3 weeks after placing my order I received a package from Bikeparts, where they indicated that they were sorry but didn't have the parts in stock, they had to order them, blablabla..... Unfortunately, they sent me Marzocchi Roco hardwear and not Manitou....

So I sent them an email telling they sent the wrong pieces and that they didn't fit, their reply: 'Roco and Manitou are exactly the same. Did you try mounting them....'.
    Replied to them with a pic of Manitou hardwear I have in another shock and the ones they sent me, clearly indicating that they have not the same diameter....which I thought would be clear for them...

But no: they call me, still telling me the Roco hardwear is exactly the same.
    After some more explaining to the guy, he finally agrees to order the parts from Manitou and send them (why didn't they just do this in the first place ???).

I thought they would try to make up for the time they made me lose, so I am really pissed of when I find out they didn't ship priority (still waiting for them, ordered15th November....).

Best of all: at no point did they apologize for their mistakes.

So yes, this will be my first and last experience with them. No more of my money in their pockets. I'll stick to the shops I know to offer trouble free good service (CRC, Pricepoint, Blue Sky, Jenson and the likes).
    The Flandrien in Québec...

12 Santa Cruz SuperLight
    00 Trek 7000 SS winter bike

mtbr member
    Anybody bought a demo bike from these guys?

I got nothin'

They SUCK!

Twice now I have ordered online from them. Both times the website said the items were in stock. Both times they were not. Asked for and was told both times by Randy that I would get a refund to my card after waiting for weeks. Both times it never happened and I had to go through a dispute with Visa to get my money back. Never again.
    I ride at ludicrous speed