Thread: BikeNashbar

mtbr member

BikeNashbar

Ordered a set of new tires from 'em last Fri.

Get the confirmation e-mail today saying the order shipped today (no sweat) via US Mail?!?

WTF? Tires in the mail? I gotta say there was no indication one way or the other how they would ship the product, but the U.S. freakin' Mail?

Team Cspine

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by jddjirikian
    Ordered a set of new tires from 'em last Fri.

Get the confirmation e-mail today saying the order shipped today (no sweat) via US Mail?!?

WTF? Tires in the mail? I gotta say there was no indication one way or the other how they would ship the product, but the U.S. freakin' Mail?
    If the tires are flexible enough to be folded and fit in a box, why not?

I'm sure they'd let you pay more if you wanted to.
    Sorry what?

TurnURComputerOff&GoRide
    I've had the same on my orders from Nashbar - the shipping method seems to be entirely random for the purchaser and the cost to you does not change. i.e. at checkout they just charge you xx for shipping and that could mean FedEx or US Mail or anything. They just absorb the profits if they use US Mail instead of a real courier service.
    May have changed - I haven't ordered from them in some months.

mtbr member

I prefer USPS

I prefer USPS!

They deliver Saturday !
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Nashbar is my favorite online bike parts store. They almost always ship same day or next day. One time I paid for 2-day air, and got it next day.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm What's wrong with USPS?

USPS are way faster than UPS or Fedex Ground especially from state to state. a mail doesn't necessary mean an 'envelop', it could be a 'box' just as any other courier company. And as another post said, they deliver Saturday.
    If there is a choice I will pick USPS anyday.

on my 3rd wind...
    Never had a problem with std USPS delivery from Nashbar. Just takes 7-8 days and no tracking info. You had an option to choose FedEx 2 days for not all that much more.
    sth

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Absorb the profits? I often have placed orders with them where it would cost me far more to ship the item via any carrier than they've charged. Think about that and the time it takes to pack a box and get it from inventory, and you see they aren't making money from their shipping charges. Often times it's less than tax.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by rural
    I've had the same on my orders from Nashbar - the shipping method seems to be entirely random for the purchaser and the cost to you does not change. i.e. at checkout they just charge you xx for shipping and that could mean FedEx or US Mail or anything. They just absorb the profits if they use US Mail instead of a real courier service.
    May have changed - I haven't ordered from them in some months.
    "Absorb profits..."?!? FedEx or UPS is usually more than they charge for shipping. Every Nashbar order I have made arrived via Priority Mail in 3-4 days and that is from 2/3rds of the way across the country.

And the USPS is a "real courier service."
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common