Thread: Bike Inn?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Bike Inn?

Anyone order from Bike Inn? This site seem legit and carries alot of good brands. The prices are incredible! For example I'm looking to buy a Selle Italia Kit Carbono SLR Flow saddle and lowest price I've found has been a competitive $249. Bike Inn has it for $158! Then I was looking at the Shimano XTR Shadow plus rear der. and Bike Inn has it for $173 its been on sale also for $249 at the lowest.

So anyone used Bike Inn? Was it a good experience?

Online bike shop, buy online bikes & cycling equipment

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I was just looking at BikeInn, lol. They had some cheap prices on tires. Way too cheap that I was questioning whether it was a legit site or not.
    Anyone?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yeah I have, purchased a pair of Sidi Dragons a few years ago for about $200 cheaper than I could find anywhere else. Paid for them with paypal or credit card and hoped they would turn up and they did within a short space of time! One person doesn't make a conclusive straw poll, but I would have no hesitation buying from them again

quiggs

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Yeah, their prices are unbelievable that you wonder of its legit.

Anyone else use Bike Inn?

mtbr member
    I placed an order 11 days ago and it still hasn't shipped. When I tried to use their contact page, I get "Problemas enviando correo electrónico" (problem sending email). I'm contacting my credit card company to tell them to refuse the charge when it comes through.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I think that is a wise decision. I've been checking on the web about them and it seems there are many people with your same problem. My LBS did tell me he's willing to match any internet price because he said he recognizes his competition has changed and that he has to compete with the net. So, I'll just print off some of these prices and get them through my LBS. See if your LBS may be willing to match Bikeinn prices. They just might...

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    I think that is a wise decision. I've been checking on the web about them and it seems there are many people with your same problem. My LBS did tell me he's willing to match any internet price because he said he recognizes his competition has changed and that he has to compete with the net. So, I'll just print off some of these prices and get them through my LBS. See if your LBS may be willing to match Bikeinn prices. They just might...
    Hehe, remember that most of the parts your LBS can get they paid between 50-60% off the MSRP... So if you get to them with a price for a special sale that has let's say XT brakeset for $100 instead of the $350 some MSRP, you're not helping them...
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Extra Crispy
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Hehe, remember that most of the parts your LBS can get they paid between 50-60% off the MSRP... So if you get to them with a price for a special sale that has let's say XT brakeset for $100 instead of the $350 some MSRP, you're not helping them...
    Yeah, I was just going to say... walking in and having the LBS match prices that could be a scam doesn't help them...
    Now with eggs.

Huckin' trails
    My LBS are giving me great service and I'd hate to go there to ask them to price match some stuff that I can just buy online anyways and not run them down to the ground. They have to make their money by selling full price to be able to offer you good service. That's why I buy online and get the lbs to wrench.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Extra Crispy
    That's why I buy online and get the lbs to wrench.
    Same. I'm sure I could've de-tensioned and re-tensioned the Hope Hoops I just got (spoke tensions were all over the map out of the box), but I wanted to make sure it was done correctly so I went in and asked to talk to a wheel guru. I've gone in with my bike before asking for them to diagnose stuff and have offered to pay them for their time (just diagnosis, no wrenching) and they've always laughed it off, so there's nothing to complain about there.

I am disappointed though, because the LBSes here in Ohio (at least northern Ohio) are a different breed... they're all chain stores like Performance. There aren't any mom-and-pop stores where people like Sheldon Brown work, so I find that the people working at them don't really have knowledge of a lot of what's on the market. I imagine that's very different when you get out west or down into Appalachia towards the east coast.
    Now with eggs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Well the shop owner made the offer and he has stood by it. Took a friend in who found an outstanding price on a REBA fork online, he printed the ad and took it in. The shop owner was happy to do it. His whole thing is he wants customers coming to him for anything they need, he said the internet has changed the game and so he said he's changing to play in the game. Look, his philosophy is customers to remember his service then they go back. When they need tune up, they go to him, when they need to go tubeless, they go to him. WHen they are in a pinch and need tires, tubes, or whatever, they drop by his shop. He says this competitive service he gives will bring customers back, and the word of mouth on the trail? Well he said he couldn't pay for that. How about us discussing this on MTBR, I haven't mentioned his shop name but if I did, again he says that advertisement is priceless.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying to print off your whole build list, but a few things here and there is not that bad. I agree there is extremes that would be boarding on taking advantage of good thing and would become a downright annoyance to the owner. I bought my whole bike from this shop, and ordered some upgrade parts via ebay. So I do believe in supporting these guys. My 2 cents...