Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    i ordered April 8th, it arrived in Chicago Customs on April 14th and was delivered to me in Wisconsin yesterday (the 17th). That's pretty quick, I've had stuff from certain shops through Amazon take almost that long and they're only a few states away!

mtbr member
    My transaction does not seem to be going so well. Two boxes shipped. One sitting in San Fransisco customs for over a week, the other box shipped on the same day as the first has not arrived to the US yet. When you order from these overseas shops you gotta be patient.

mtbr member
    All the boxes have finally arrived. Everything was packed very well. Getting ready for another order. Their prices are great.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    They are great - I have been really close to buying one of their Radon Slide 29ers for a while - but just can't justify another bike atm. Great price for the spec, and will probably be my next bike in a year or 2.
    2016 Cube Cross Race SL
    2016 Radon Slide 130 10.0 HD (29er)
    2014 Scott Aspect 740 (650b)

mtbr member
    May 2015
    What should my expectation be for updates / Tracking info from
    Bike-discount.de

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    N/A They hand off to USPS on this side of the pond.

I received a parcel (to CA) in six days.

Quote Originally Posted by valens View Post
    What should my expectation be for updates / Tracking info from
    Bike-discount.de

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Do they normally show any tracking for international?
    I placed an order Wednesday and haven't heard anything since order confirmation

mtbr member
    I placed an order on the 7th. Nothing yet. DHL site hasn't been updated in 4 days. I guess I'll get it when I get it. Nothing beats the free 2 day shipping, to California, from Merlin in the UK when I ordered my Pike. That was freaky fast.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    So is DHL their preferred method of shipping to the states? My experience is that DHL collects import duties 100% of the time. They collect via mail after you receive your shipment. I believe they actually pay the import duties for you and then collect from you. If you don't pay they send it to collections. This is to the US and only if DHL actually delivers to your door.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I'm in montreal and received my order within 7 days of placing it. I was sent an email saying that the order has been shipped and that I would be sent an email later in the day with a tracking number. The email never arrived but my goodies did in a well packed box and all the parts were in their original packages.
    This is my second time ordering from them and both times have been positive.
    I did have to pay taxes and duties but it still came out way less expensive than going to a local shop.

Eric

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Thanks for the info the fact that other people have received product without them giving tracking information (that they clearly state they will send) makes me feel better.

Was a little nervous ordering from overseas for the first time.
    also i looked up a duty tracker and they claimed there wouldn't be any for what I purchased. $340 USD (2014 FOX 32 CTD FIT 100MM 29" 1-1/8th Fork)
    don't know if there is some kind of cost amount that triggers it.
    Ill update when i get my stuff.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Ended up working out fine.
    Product was OEM but was brand new.
    Used Serial Number to confirm that the product was legit and accurate.

They did have one of their description fields filled out wrong on the website.
    Said it was Fox Factory not Fox Performance (which was impossible with the specs they gave and also clearly wrong if you looked at the picture)

The picture and all of the other descriptions were 100% accurate.

They actually took 3 full business days to even pack my order (like it says they can) 1-3 on website.
    Order Date 5/14/2015
    Pack Date 5/18/2015
    Ship Date 5/18/2015
    Received 5/29/2015

Overall I was satisfied, frankly i couldn't find anything that met my requirements stateside. 1-1/8th / 100mm / QR15 And the price was ridiculous.

Though i was hoping (perhaps unreasonably for it to take less than 2 weeks to get it)
    2009 Gary Fisher / Trek Mamba 29er
    that I'm in the process of pimping out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for the tip on the fork, valens. I just ordered one for myself. It's getting pretty hard to find a decent fork with a straight steerer tube and all the ones I can find here in the States cost more than double what the one from bike-discount costs. Hell, even the used ones are going for $350 or more on ebay.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I placed an order for a mixed 2x10 group set on May 21. It was a bit of delay getting packed and over to the shipping facility, I got a DHL tracking number that says it was entered into their system on May 26. But from there it has been fairly fast. Into SFO customers on May 28, out the next day on May 29 and into the local sort facility in Federal Way, WA on May 30. Looks pretty likely it will be delivered tomorrow June 1. Not as fast as Chain Reaction, but for the huge savings on the rear derailleur, shifter and cassette, I'll take a 10-11 day process.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I've placed two orders with bike-discount.de. The first went perfectly. I ordered a xt groupset and other items and it took just under 2 weeks to Denver. I picked up at the post office. The second order is a different story. It shows up on my doorstep with parts on top of the box!! My mailman signed for it and left a note on the box about the parts (can he even do that?) I opened it up and everything was there fortunately except for a kmc missing link. So no big deal as it could have been much worse but really lousy packaging on the part of bike-discount.

Now for the problem: they sent me the wrong fork. I ordered a Fox Factory Fork but they sent me a Fox Performance Fork. Additionally, it was supposed to be all black but this one has a white crown which is really strange. I'll update as this unfolds but this is super disappointing as I was all ready to build my bike, ugh.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Ok I'm impressed with bike-discount.de so far.
    I placed an order on Thursday night 5/28/2015 9pm Pacific time for:
    XTR Shifter, XT Rear Derailleur, XT Cassette, DT Swiss 350 Front and Rear hubs.
    The mailman delivered the package today, Monday 6/1/2015.
    It was packed very well. This is my first purchase there and I'm impressed. Prices were really good too. Just about the cheapest price I've found for all the items listed above.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoise View Post
    I've placed two orders with bike-discount.de. The first went perfectly. I ordered a xt groupset and other items and it took just under 2 weeks to Denver. I picked up at the post office. The second order is a different story. It shows up on my doorstep with parts on top of the box!! My mailman signed for it and left a note on the box about the parts (can he even do that?) I opened it up and everything was there fortunately except for a kmc missing link. So no big deal as it could have been much worse but really lousy packaging on the part of bike-discount.

Now for the problem: they sent me the wrong fork. I ordered a Fox Factory Fork but they sent me a Fox Performance Fork. Additionally, it was supposed to be all black but this one has a white crown which is really strange. I'll update as this unfolds but this is super disappointing as I was all ready to build my bike, ugh.
    They responded after 4 days. Says to return but don't use UPS or Fedex. I checked DHL and it costs $237 to return so I guess USPS? Anyone have experience with returns? This is their mistake so annoying they can't just send me a return label. They didn't include the return slip so hopefully they don't take another 4 days to respond. What a pain!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    They responded after 4 days. Says to return but don't use UPS or Fedex. I checked DHL and it costs $237 to return so I guess USPS? Anyone have experience with returns? This is their mistake so annoying they can't just send me a return label. They didn't include the return slip so hopefully they don't take another 4 days to respond. What a pain!
    When I ordered a bunch of stuffs from them before, one of the items was (1) 29x2.35 Nobby Nic. The tire came with the box, the box had the correct size label, but the tire inside was 29x2.25. I didn't realized this not til I after installed the tire. After emailing them back and forth for the next few days, they decided to send me a new tire and I get to keep the wrong tire. Their reasoning was, it would cost them more if I were to send it back (they were going to reimburse me for shipping).

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I finally got refunded, although it was a huge headache. Took about 8 or so emails to get all the info to send the fork back. Cost $65 to return via USPS (cheapest option) and you have to fill out a customs form. Not sure I'd order again from this outfit.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    yeah its definitely a headache when you have to return stuff from overseas purchase, especially something big like a fork.
    I think customs forms are mandatory if you try to send anything oversea...I had to return some small parts to chainreaction once and also had to fill out the customs form.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Update: got my fork in less than 2 weeks and it was exactly as promised. No extra duties or weird delivery charges.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    If your order goes well, then I guess this shop is OK due to their prices. But if your order goes worng, you are screwed. Worst customer service ever

Beware and DO NOT BUY from Bike-discount.de. Price was great, but the shipment that they sent me only contained 1 wheel, not the wheelset that I ordered. When I contacted them, it took them days to respond and then the response was that there was no way that they shipped only 1 wheel and it must have been lost in customs or something. I sent them pictures of an undamaged box (with their logo all over it), with only a single original layer of tape, no signs of tampering, and the box only big enough for a single wheel. It was NOT the box that Mavic wheels typically come it, it was just a regular box, poorly packed, the wheel barely fit and was busting at the seams. They refused to believe the evidence and basically said it was not their issue. If I wanted to return it so they could personally inspect it, then I could pay for return shipping and they would "evaluate" a refund. I told them that was not acceptable and now they won't reply. I reported it to my credit card company and now it is under investigation.

I'm sure one of their employees is either a complete idiot or out riding around with a new bright yellow wheel.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescbrennan View Post
    If your order goes well, then I guess this shop is OK due to their prices. But if your order goes worng, you are screwed. Worst customer service ever
    Bummer. I've ordered from them many times; no issues & good communication. I just placed a large order on the 14th, shipped the 15th and it arrived at my door yesterday (CA). One thing I like about this place is it has real time inventory; all parts show whether (or not) they are in stock. If not in stock, don't order it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hit and miss with bike discount for me. First order was about a year ago and it all went well. Placed an order on 7/1 and all seemed to be going fine. Got to the USA and the USPS took over. Since then it has been sitting with the same status for 17 days "in transit" from an office about an hour from me. 99% sure this isn't Bike-discount's fault but their phone system is highly flawed. Sometimes just telling you to call back later and hanging up. I did start an "investigation" last week with them and did talk to someone today who is going to mail me an update. Just so you know if this happens to you the USPS will not help you. The investigation needs to be started by the originating shipping company, in this case DHL. Bike-discount told me today these investigations can go for up to 2 weeks. So I am certainly not happy to keep waiting for parts I needed long ago....they did have a nice deal on Shimano Zee brakes though that would have been great to use at Snowshoe last weekend. Oh well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    My bike-discount.de order from 7/1 was finally delivered on 8/11. Despite their promise to contact me as soon as they heard from DHL that never happened and it was just delivered. There are much worse endings to this story but their communication was lacking throughout the process. Their prices are great. I have no idea what happened in the shipping. Just wanted to close out the story for anyone deciding if they should order from there.

BTW - I ordered Shimano Zee brakes and they did come US style - Rear/Right, Front/Left.

Quote Originally Posted by dba4life View Post
    Hit and miss with bike discount for me. First order was about a year ago and it all went well. Placed an order on 7/1 and all seemed to be going fine. Got to the USA and the USPS took over. Since then it has been sitting with the same status for 17 days "in transit" from an office about an hour from me. 99% sure this isn't Bike-discount's fault but their phone system is highly flawed. Sometimes just telling you to call back later and hanging up. I did start an "investigation" last week with them and did talk to someone today who is going to mail me an update. Just so you know if this happens to you the USPS will not help you. The investigation needs to be started by the originating shipping company, in this case DHL. Bike-discount told me today these investigations can go for up to 2 weeks. So I am certainly not happy to keep waiting for parts I needed long ago....they did have a nice deal on Shimano Zee brakes though that would have been great to use at Snowshoe last weekend. Oh well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Hit and Miss to buy from Bike-Discount.DE! I placed my order with them for the first time on 7/5/2015. One of the Shimano XT brake I got had a lazy piston on one side. I didn't notice that until I installed and bent the brand new ice-tec rotor as well. Returned both items within 30 days in timely manner. As of 8/21/15, 20+ emails in exchange for update or return options. I asked for 1) buy a new set and return the credits as advanced replacements, 2) refund the defective parts and call it off. 3) Simply take one set from their inventory, and they can wait for Shimano's warranty replacements. None of options was answered or taken, other than pending for Shimano EU's update. The latest update this week is to wait for next week. Well, speechless anyway. Next week would be the last chance before starting credit card dispute and all the fun stuff. This would be the first and the last time to buy from this place, PERIOD!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I am considering ordering a $300+ item from bike discount from the US.

Did anybody get charged customs duty on a $300 + item?

Bike discount CS said that you can pay in US dollars, but did anybody get charged foreign transaction fees on their credit card when ordering from them?

Just trying to see if it worth ordering from them if there are all these additional costs.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Nope, I ordered about $1200 in two orders. No customs charge but if you see my previous post they do a crap job of packaging the box and as a result I lost some small parts. They also sent me the wrong fork which was a headache to return but they did eventually refund me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Nope, I ordered about $1200 in two orders. No customs charge but if you see my previous post they do a crap job of packaging the box and as a result I lost some small parts. They also sent me the wrong fork which was a headache to return but they did eventually refund me.
    I couldn't agree more about their packing! I ordered some XTR 11 parts and a couple of tires from them. The box and all the contents fell apart as I picked it up from my door step. SOMEHOW everything was there, I'm still in awe about that. It's the cheapest box and tape I've ever seen anyone use.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Here's the box as I received it. My mailman even wrote me a message about parts falling out. Common sense would dictate a better tape job than one strip, and they didn't even tape the seams. Amazon packages coming from 1/6th the distance are packaged betterBike-Discount.de-bikede.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I've placed 3 separate orders of $700+ each order within the past 2yrs, with the last order just few weeks ago, never had a problem. No custom charges, none.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've used them once. The dollars saved does not justify the agrevation of dealing with them to fix their mistakes. Never again.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Two decent sized orders from them and I have not been charged anything extra...

Quote Originally Posted by tito1200 View Post
    I am considering ordering a $300+ item from bike discount from the US.

Did anybody get charged customs duty on a $300 + item?

Bike discount CS said that you can pay in US dollars, but did anybody get charged foreign transaction fees on their credit card when ordering from them?

Just trying to see if it worth ordering from them if there are all these additional costs.

Thanks!

bike tester
    Ordered a 29er frame on sale, it was poorly packaged and it arrived with a dent in the head tube. Sent it back, luckily managed to get their website to generate a return label so i didn't have to pay for return shipping. A ****up in their software checked the wrong box when they generated my return form so i was returned my money instead of being sent a new frame. Had to order again, 3 weeks of downtime for nothing. A reputable company would have sent me a new frame upon receipt of damaged frame photos.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I am still fighting with them through my credit card company to get a refund of $691. I ordered a Mavic wheelset. They sent 1 wheel and none of the axle adapters. So even the one wheel is totally useless to me. They refuse to believe that they sent only 1 wheel. They say to return the box and they will inspect it to make a decision about a refund. And they won't pay return shipping. I am not paying another $125 in shipping for them to think about fixing their mistake. If prices appear to be too good to be true, ask yourself why. Bike-discount.de has great prices because they are a second rate scam house. They probably sold 2 wheelsets and sent half of my order to someone else. Now they are laughing because they sold 2 wheelsets and only had to buy one. Scammers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Just to add on to the bad experiences. I will never order from these guys again. I ordered a Manitou shock and Magura brakes on 8/22. All looked great until the order hit the U.S. and shows with USPS it being sent out from Florida on 9/1. On 9/10, I call USPS to find out what is happening, the guy tells me that it should have arrived, as was priority and I must contact the seller to have them initiate a dispute.

I contacted bike-discount on 9/10 and they said would respond within 48 hours. 9/14 I contact them again after hearing nothing and get a response that they are investigating. Contact them again on 9/15 telling them I need the parts by the 25th. No response.

9/22 I open a dispute with Paypal. Bike-discount give a boilerplate response they are waiting to hear from the shipper. I point out I contacted them on 9/10 and it has been 12 days. On 9/25 frustrated I have received no response form Bike-discount, I escalate it to claim. They have until the end of today to respond, but have not so far.

I should have known when neither of my credit cards would work on their site and I was told they were blocked by Visa and Master Card for fraud that I shouldn't use them. I had used them a couple of times in the past, but this time has been a mess. Never again. Hopefully I see my money at some point.

Contrast this with Chainreaction. Last December I ordered two Easton Havoc carbon bars on blowout for $90 each. I received them about a week later, correct box, correct plastic wrap, but the bars were aluminium. Contacted Chainreaction and the next day they responded to return and they would get the right ones to me. I sent them back, and they sent the correct ones.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    All looked great until the order hit the U.S. and shows with USPS it being sent out from Florida on 9/1. On 9/10, I call USPS to find out what is happening, the guy tells me that it should have arrived, as was priority and I must contact the seller to have them initiate a dispute.
    Are you asking B-D.de to pay / solve the USPS screw up? I can't argue that the B-E.de customer service may not be up to par of Chain Reaction, etc., but sounds like merchant did their part.

For reference, every time I order from B-D.de the USPS guy literally sneaks up to my front door and puts a pink tag on my door. For those not familiar w/the pink tag, you (recipient) need to go to the post office to pick up the parcel. Either they are too lazy or not getting paid enough (by Deutsche Post) to take it to the recipients door.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sfo423 View Post
    Are you asking B-D.de to pay / solve the USPS screw up? I can't argue that the B-E.de customer service may not be up to par of Chain Reaction, etc., but sounds like merchant did their part.

For reference, every time I order from B-D.de the USPS guy literally sneaks up to my front door and puts a pink tag on my door. For those not familiar w/the pink tag, you (recipient) need to go to the post office to pick up the parcel. Either they are too lazy or not getting paid enough (by Deutsche Post) to take it to the recipients door.
    USPS has lost the package. It was shipped out of their Florida service center and never arrived at their local sort center, much less was delivered. (It is a tracked, insured package). As the shipper, B-D is liable for the package until delivered, their shipper and their insurance. In fact USPS and DHL will not discuss the claim with me as the buyer, as the I am not their customer, B-D is.

B-D has not done their part. I ordered and paid in full for a product more than 5 weeks ago and it has never been delivered. B-D way of handling is to do nothing. This happens periodically to any company when shipping problems and most are quick in dealing with it. I had a package sent normal U.S. Mail from Universal Cycles (small inexpensive parts) that never showed up. Called Universal, they resent the next day.
    Attached Files Attached Files

bike tester
    Quote Originally Posted by sfo423 View Post

Sender should file a dispute with their carrier asking them to investigate down the line. That's the only way lost packages get found or insurance gets reimbursed. If they don't complain the case gets nowhere.

mtbr member
    My last order of almost $500 in tires with bike-discount.de ended up having to get cancelled and a refund issued. Somehow the handoff between DHL and the USPS never happened. The USPS tracking never showed it having been received. Took a couple of weeks to resolve with b-d.de, but they did come through with a paypal refund. Trying again with hibike.de and I'm concerned that the same thing is happening with the DHL/USPS transfer. Or perhaps its getting hung up in customs. Either way, seems like something is broken in that interface. I've ordered before from b-d.de with no issues (big orders) and, of course chainreactioncycles which has awesome shipping but not so great prices on Schwalbe tires.

MTBmoose

mtbr member
    I've ordered from B-D.de for the last 3 years, but have learned from all the others here. I only order tires, or other stuff that won't easily fall out like handlebars. As others have mentioned, the packaging is crap. I love Schwable and Conti tires and prices here are just awesome, but Chainreaction is certainly easier to deal with when something goes wrong.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I placed on order for some Shimano Road brakes and a bleed kit on Oct. 2nd. Shipping from Germany was prompt, but now my shipping status shows that it is being processed by U.S. Customs. I'm confused why the tracking shows that it was first "Inbound OUT of Customs" leading me to believe it cleared, but the latest shows that it is "Inbound Into Customs" along with the processing message. Has anyone in the US seen this? Will this tracking update after it clears, or is it possible that it could just be delivered without any further tracking updates?

Inbound Into Customs
    Your item is being processed by United States Customs.

October 9, 2015 , 11:35 am
    Inbound Out of Customs

October 8, 2015 , 4:15 pm
    Processed Through Sort Facility
    ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

mtbr member
    Not sure how it works over there but something like that here in the UK means. First one is, its arrived second one, it being moved through the same building. It's still inbound and has its not cleared customs. Next one should be cleared/or please ring

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Just to update about my non-receipt of my order from Bike Discount DE. They never responded further to my request for a refund or to reship the order. They also failed to provide any response to Paypal. Finally, 20 days after lodging my complaint with Paypal, I called them and after a surprisingly short 2 minute wait on hold, the representative said BD failed to provide any evidence they delivered and refunded my money and closed the complaint. So a big thumbs down to BD and a big thumbs up for Paypal for dealing with the issue.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Just to update about my non-receipt of my order from Bike Discount DE. They never responded further to my request for a refund or to reship the order. They also failed to provide any response to Paypal. Finally, 20 days after lodging my complaint with Paypal, I called them and after a surprisingly short 2 minute wait on hold, the representative said BD failed to provide any evidence they delivered and refunded my money and closed the complaint. So a big thumbs down to BD and a big thumbs up for Paypal for dealing with the issue.
    Cary, glad I saw this. I was thinking of ordering a Mcleod from bike discount.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quick Update on my order for those still thinking about ordering from Bike-Discount.
    I had some weird stuff going on with my tracking, but eventually it updated and it was sent for delivery on Oct. 23rd, which was exactly 3 weeks after I ordered it. In all fairness to Bike-Discount, they shipped my order promptly, and then it sat in U.S. Customs for nearly 2 weeks. From what I've read, it typically doesn't take that long to clear U.S. customs, but I have also read that ISC Chicago is notorious for long holding times.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    For what it's worth...

I've gotten two orders now from bike-discount and haven't had a problem yet. I've also ordered stuff from starbike.com and bike24.com and, so far, have gotten everything I ordered in a reasonable amount of time. The starbike order took the longest at 2 1/2 weeks but it was because they didn't have the RS Pike in stock even though the site said it was "ready to ship." I'm glad I was patient though. They shipped a 2016 model in the RS box with all accessories included.

I'm not sure what it is about the German online sites but they don't put a lot of effort into packing orders securely. Like I said, all my stuff has arrived unbroken but it seems like they just through the order in a big box add a few pieces of packing paper and tape it up. Crazy! but cheap...
    2015 Tang Ibis Ripley LS XT 1X+Ritchey Carbon Cockpit+Nox Wheels=
    For Sale: 2008 Intense 5.5 FRO XTR/Stans

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AlBeThere View Post
    For what it's worth...

I'm not sure what it is about the German online sites but they don't put a lot of effort into packing orders securely.
    Probably union..........doh!

Come on, dare me!
    If it has not yet been suggested, try Hibike.com instead of bike-discount.de. They have even better prices on Schwalbe, Shimano and a lot of stuff, packaging is good and they ship pretty quickly. I've been ordering from them as well from bike-discount.de in the last 2-3 years and never had any problem (fingers crossed).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast