Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    May 2010
    After reading this thread and a few 'should I here or should I order there' debate with myself, I finally placed my first order of close to $900 worth of goodies almost a month ago. 12 days in and I finally received my order shipped to California. I did not get charged for the custom fees.

They gave me a tracking number but was not working, it kept showing invalid tracking. I waited until about a week after placing my order to verify the tracking number is correct. I got a reply with a correct tracking. Sweet! They're on the way!

The package was very well packed. Everything I ordered were in there, except one of the items (tire) came in wrong size. Not their fault, the box says the correct size (29x2.35) but the tire is different size (29x2.25).

After a few exchanged emails here and there, they decided to refund me the cost of the tire, AND I get to keep the tire they sent. How sweet is that?

Overall, their prices are the cheapest I've seen, and their customer service is top notch!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Ordered on Friday received next Friday 5 working days to california. 12 schwalbe tires with no additional fees.

mtbr member

Bike-Discount.de

Quote Originally Posted by andreavda View Post
    it doesn't seem right, I've never heard that you (or your mechanic) have to tighten the BB pedal crank after a while from the purchase of a new bike, the only adjustments are the rear, the front derailleur and the spokes.
    I guess that the bb pedal crank came loose because they didn't tighten it to the appropriate torque.
    Hi - is it their fault or manufacturer? Thankfully I was close to home and not putting any pressure on it. It wasn't a huge deal to me. I would buy again as the price was amazing ($1,000 cheaper than Swiss market) and communication perfect.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I have used this company a fair few times now. Always very happy indeed - items as described, great prices, excellent service.

The first order I made was at 2am, it was sent out at 8am the same morning, and received within 2 days (albeit Germany to Switzerland).

I placed an order today for my winter tyres and some spare rotors, cassette and grips etc. I too (like the previous poster) am in Switzerland, so the prices offered are a huge saving over local prices.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    DHL is the German equivalent of USPS.

Hence the delivery by USPS in the US and the long (relative to couriers) delivery times. If one wants courier speed and service, one has to pay much higher courier shipping rates. While bike-discount does not offer courier service, other German retailers do.

The packaging can be better, then the prices will be higher too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    As an update to this, my order from the 19th November, rather than being sent to Switzerland, was sent to Sweden! I'll emphasise that this was not a fault with bike-discount.de, but DHL - but it has given me a chance to see how bike-discount.de deal with issues;

1. They answered my emails very quickly
    2. They answered their phone very quickly
    3. They seem to be a big company, they mentioned that they were one of DHL's biggest German customer, sending 3000+ packages each week!
    4. They called back when they said they would

Although I don't have my package due to DHL errors(it appears it is back from Sweden though!), overall I am happy enough with the service from bike-discount.de
    2014 Trek Fuel Ex 5 29er
    2014 Trek Superfly 6
    2014 Trek X-Caliber 5 (for sale)
    2014 Scott Aspect 740 (650b)

hardcore
    Jul 2010
    Anyone got any coupons for bike-discount ? i`m chasing some new brakes.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've never seen any of the German sites use coupon codes. Seems common among the UK and US sites, but not the German ones. YMMV.

Off the back...
    Submitted my first bike-discount.de order this morning. Everything was cheaper than CRC, sometimes by a few %, but often by 30+%. Wiggle had the few items that were out of stock. Now the waiting game begins...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Do they ship to US/Canada?

Chris.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I don't know about the US, but they definitely ship to Canada.

Come on, dare me!
    Quote Originally Posted by krzysiekmz View Post
    Do they ship to US/Canada?

Chris.
    Yes, no problem. I'm in Montreal and have been ordering from them two times without any kind of problem (no duties or brokerage charges and no taxes). First shipping was a bit long but the last time, I got my things in one week flush. BTW, DHL is a courrier company like UPS or Fedex, not a postal company like USPS.

The White Jeff W

Re: Bike-Discount.de

Yes, they ship to the US
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanks!

I usually order form Germany, but never from bikediscount. How about shipping charges to Canada? It is not listed on their site.

Chris.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    My last order was from CRC...with the $15 off $150 coupon and free shipping on orders over $99 to US CRC ended up being a good amount cheaper than discount.de.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobe View Post
    Submitted my first bike-discount.de order this morning. Everything was cheaper than CRC, sometimes by a few %, but often by 30+%. Wiggle had the few items that were out of stock. Now the waiting game begins...

Off the back...
    Quote Originally Posted by mces View Post
    My last order was from CRC...with the $15 off $150 coupon and free shipping on orders over $99 to US CRC ended up being a good amount cheaper than discount.de.
    Oh, I've ordered thousands of $ worth of stuff from CRC over the last 5 years or so, but in this case, bike-discount.de had what I wanted for less. I'm sure I'll be buying from CRC again, assuming the pricing is good.

Come on, dare me!
    Quote Originally Posted by krzysiekmz View Post
    Thanks!

I usually order form Germany, but never from bikediscount. How about shipping charges to Canada? It is not listed on their site.

Chris.
    Check there : Fahrrad, Fahrräder, Rennräder, Mountainbikes, Trekkingbikes, Kinderräder, Rahmen, Radteile, Bekleidung, Zubehör It is $28.00 flat.

Come on, dare me!
    I did order quite a few times from CRC but I had to pay duties and taxes about half the time (generally when the package was bigger). I never had to pay anything else than shipping charges ($28.00 flat) when ordering from bike-discount.de.

Off the back...
    I ordered from bike-discount.de and Wiggle on the same day, and the orders arrived hours apart. GST only, no duty, both orders. The Shimano product from bike-discount came in full retail boxes, no OEM bags.

Merendon Junkie
    I just wanted to chime in about bike discount. I ordered a crankset from them about 2 months ago, the order was taking very long to arrive and seemed to be stuck in the US, held by usps. I didnt know what was going on. The package remained stuck in tampa for about 2 weeks. when it did finally move it was, the tracking status said it was going back to the seller. I was frustrated, I had tried calling usps several times before to see what was going on, but they would never answer their phones and when they did they didnt help at all.
    The bike discount guys were telling me they were filing a claim with dhl. They were responding promptly and courteously to every email i sent them. Later one day I was looking through the order and noticed I had mistyped one number on my zip code. It was clear now that it had been my mistake all along. I told the bike discount guys about it and acknowledged it was my entirely my fault. They responded that they were going to send it again, NO CHARGE!!!! FROM GERMANY!! I was very surprised as I thought it would be fair and just if I had to pay at least the shipping costs again, not to mention any processing costs and the return shipping. I finally received my crankset this week.

That really is some stellar costumer service. I look forward to order more stuff from them.

Cheers

mtbr member
    May 2010
    +1 to their stellar customer service.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Just made my first order with them after reading all posts in this thread...

They have a 10.00 EURO coupon valid on all order over 150euro this weekend - verified working on my order this morning, use BIKE10 at checkout.

Even with the 20EURO shipping fee, compared to CRC I saved over $25 on the parts ordered... too bad about the 20euro intl shipping fees though, it kills their awesome price a little bit in the end...

Now, fingers crossed to clear customs without extra goods taxes...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    My experiences with Bike Discount are similar to a lot of comments across the cycling forums. They do sell a number of products at good prices, although not necessarily the best available online. The catch is after sales service, where they are generally just not interested. I bought a top of the range Radon Black Sin XC race MTB, which has a very good spec for the price. Unfortunately they have clearly cut corners on the frame manufacture, and it failed after 4 days of normal riding. As with many other customers they have refused to honour a warranty replacement. I massively regret not buying a quality product from a reputable brand.
    When something appears to be too good to be true, it usually is!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3