Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have use it a few times and have been fast and with the best price around.

I live in Spainmso DHL delivery is fast and reliable.

Curious enough, a frame arrived 3 days faster than a handlebar.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleevem1 View Post
    I used bike discount a few weeks ago and had great service. Took six days to my door in Canada. With this experience i just place another order last week for a set of saint m820 brakes. No one could touch the price. Hope this order comes in quick and flawless like my first order.

Steve
    Any duty/extra fees payable on your order?

mtbr member
    I live in Switzerland the taxes were minimal. I saved a heap of money, arrived within x3-4 days & hand delivered.

Taxes are ascertained by customs declaration on arrival to destination. Important you check online. They will detax at source if your country has a tax treaty agreement.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I mad a purchase from them. My order arrived in about a week and I live in Boise, ID. The box was large for the size of stuff I ordered and it was ripped open on the top. Luckily nothing was missing from the box and everything was in working order.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Great deal, long wait to the states

I ordered up a set of Mavic Open Pro rims for $100.00, shipping was only $25.00 (over size) and it took 3 weeks to arrive in california. Packaging was adequate, products were in fantastic conditioning. Great deal considering more state side bicycle shops charge $100.00 for a one open pro rim. I will definitely order from them again, only down side is they use DHL to get it from Germany to America and the tracking systems they are terrible, but once it gets into America USPS takes care of the rest of the delivery. No other website can really beat they're prices, its worth the wait!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Similar experience to mountainrocker. I ordered a set of wheels, bike-discount shipped promptly but then no tracking update for 3+ week, it wasn't even clear if the shipment had left Germany. I e-mailed them and got a prompt reply saying "something has gone wrong, we'll investigate" but no follow up. I e-mailed a few more times, I think they answered half of my e-mails but it was obvious they didn't know any more than I did. Four weeks later the package surfaced at a California USPS distribution center and a couple of days later I had it. The wheels were packaged in their original excellent Easton boxes; not really a positive or negative reflection on bike-discount. I'd hesitate to order again due to the long shipping time and my impression that dealing with any kind of irregularity would be a big time consuming hassle. But I did save a ton of money, so I might - a calculated risk is how I'm looking at them now.

mtbr member
    Often the case that long haul things take longer to the USA. To me in Suisse never such delay, I do find they don't have tracking info logging process so nobody really knows and you have to wait. Not all companies have top data systems like the US often have or UK too.

However, I have bought numerous times from them safely. Cost effective too. Worth it.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
    Often the case that long haul things take longer to the USA. To me in Suisse never such delay, I do find they don't have tracking info logging process so
    Not clear why there's a delay - have had this on two occasions also shipping from DE (another DE online retailer) to US, 3-4 weeks total time. Part of that time there wasn't good status updates on DHL, and after it was updated, it was almost immediately delivered.

I think the bigger items probably get a customs query. How much $$ was order (OP from 2 days ago) ?

Also for others to note : it's incredibly nice how inexpensive international shipping is from Germany for large orders. Having 20 EUR shipping for a 20 kilo box is insane when you compare real costs for doing the same from almost any other country in the world. Am happy they are able to offer this and hope it's sustainable.

mtbr member
    Just received my order from them yesterday. Placed on 12/12 (actually not processed until 12/13 due to time zone difference), received on 12/18.

Packaging wasn't great, but no damage to parts. The box had split in several places. Otherwise, I was very pleased with the transaction. Immediate response, prompt shipping. No duty or taxes added through customs either. This was a complete XT drivetrain plus a few other things, so the total was over $500.

As for tracking, I received a PDF invoice that included a link to DHL with tracking number (which transferred to USPS once it landed in the US).

mtbr member
    I've made four orders from Bike-Discount.de and have had a great experience overall. The items arrived within a 2 or 3 week time frame here in the US, and the prices were excellent. I highly recommend ordering from Bike-Discount.de.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Are they the best place to buy a complete group? They have Shimano XT M780 Disc Groupset 3x10 w/brakes for $661.96:

Shimano XT M780 Gruppe 3x10 Disc Rapidfire 10-fach schwarz

mtbr member
    Try using qbike.com as a search engine four your groupo

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Bike Discount order

Quote Originally Posted by Chase1996 View Post
    I live in CA and it took about 2 weeks. Packing was bad but did not hurt what I ordered. I got two KS seatposts. The Eten and Supernatural. Both for much less than I could anywhere else. KS has really bad packaging also. For international shipping I would be careful what you buy for packaging reasons. I'll buy locally for most items but I could not pass up this deal as I saved about $200 on both these posts.

Ow!
    Just recently received an order from them (Schwalbe HD tires). Definitely the best price for those tires I could find, and it only took about a week to get to AZ. I ordered 4 tires because shipping was the same if it was 2 tires. I definitely will check them out if I need to order a bunch of big ticket stuff.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Can someone in Canada who's had stuff shipped via DHL comment on any extra fees they may have incurred?

Also, did customs slap any tax on your order?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    For my order, final delivery was made by Canada Post with the usual GST + $8

mtbr member
    I have placed several orders with them. Some of come through without any gst and some of have been hit with the gst plus 8.00 handling fee from Canada Post. No different than my orders from CRC. Luck of the draw at customs.

mtbr member
    Just received my order from bike-discount. Second time I have ordered with them. First time was nearly $500 in Schwalbe tires, no import duties collected. The second order, for nearly $1K in tires and some Shimano components, arrived today and did have a COD for about $60 in import duties. Even with that and the $26 shipping charge, everything was still way cheaper than anywhere else in the US. There was one minor issue with the order (missing cassette, but extra tire) that I will try to work out with them, but overall, still pretty satisfied. Packaging was good for such a big order and everything arrived in perfect condition, in standard retail packaging. Order arrived in a little over 2 weeks.

MTBmoose

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I just received my package from Bike-discount.de

It took 12 days shipped to Canada, 4 days in customs/weekend. It shipped the same day I submitted the order.

Packaging:

The exterior of the box was undamaged
    The interior used brown paper for filling/padding
    No damage to any parts

Shipping Fees:

No Customs Fees - Ordered parts, not complete bikes
    I had a $10 fee for delivery from Canada Post, maybe b/c Im not in a major city
    I got charged GST + PST via Canada Customs on an inflated dollar amount - $200 more than the order was worth...gotta look into fighting that.

Order Tracking:

DHL Website was updated regularly and when it hit Canada Post the DHL website still udpated.

Order Accuracy:

All items ordered were in the box

Irregular Items:

The invoice comes in German, but the communication in emails comes in German and English (Engrish)

Conclusion:

Overall Im happy and would try ordering from them again.
    Some of the prices were insane like $240 for a Reverb.
    It took as long as the last time I ordered from Chain Reaction.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    for those who ordered internationally (outside de), your packages were supposed to ship via DHL right? were they delivered by DHL or by your local post office?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Local post ofice.

I usually order from german online shops. This time from bike-discount.de

Ordered late night Sunday, shipped Monday and got it today in Canada.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mainlane View Post
    I got charged GST + PST via Canada Customs on an inflated dollar amount - $200 more than the order was worth...gotta look into fighting that.
    On a recent CRC/Wiggle order (can't remember which) Canada Customs converted the amount on the invoice from Pounds () to Canadian $ when the invoice was already in Canadian $. Nice way to boost the tax by 57%. This reminds me that I have to try to recover this money.

They may have done something similar on your order only with Euros which means you pay an extra 35%.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by DexTan View Post
    for those who ordered internationally (outside de), your packages were supposed to ship via DHL right? were they delivered by DHL or by your local post office?
    It can vary depending on the "service" chosen. DHL belongs to Deutsche Post, therefore all package delivery services for Deutsche Post are managed by DHL. This does not mean that they will be handled by DHL or DHL Express internationally, usually only express deliveries are handled by DHL outside of Germany and the rest of the package services are handed over to the local Post Service in each country or whoever has an agreement with Deutsche Post.

mtbr member
    My large package from bike-discount.de arrived via USPS, though shipped by DHL out of Germany. Same for my previous order as well. They did over-charge on import duties, citing an order total of $1350 when it was really more like $950. No duties charged on my previous $450 order, however. Not sure what the trigger is.

MTBmoose

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
    I bought the last 29er 2012 Flash 3 Carbon, it was sent by DHL and very well packed.

I had no problems but like any new bike had to tighten the BB Pedal crank as it came loose after x4-5 rides. The service was tip-top, high & I got a discount. Would go back to them again.

I live in Switzerland, so it was international for me.

I never buy in the US as wiggle in the UK for parts is amongst the cheapest. Amazing how you folks buy gear from .de

it doesn't seem right, I've never heard that you (or your mechanic) have to tighten the BB pedal crank after a while from the purchase of a new bike, the only adjustments are the rear, the front derailleur and the spokes.
    I guess that the bb pedal crank came loose because they didn't tighten it to the appropriate torque.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast