Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    i ordered April 8th, it arrived in Chicago Customs on April 14th and was delivered to me in Wisconsin yesterday (the 17th). That's pretty quick, I've had stuff from certain shops through Amazon take almost that long and they're only a few states away!

mtbr member
    My transaction does not seem to be going so well. Two boxes shipped. One sitting in San Fransisco customs for over a week, the other box shipped on the same day as the first has not arrived to the US yet. When you order from these overseas shops you gotta be patient.

mtbr member
    All the boxes have finally arrived. Everything was packed very well. Getting ready for another order. Their prices are great.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    They are great - I have been really close to buying one of their Radon Slide 29ers for a while - but just can't justify another bike atm. Great price for the spec, and will probably be my next bike in a year or 2.
    2016 Cannondale SuperX
    2016 Cube Cross Race SL
    2016 Scott Voltage FR 730
    2016 Radon Slide 130 10.0 HD
    2014 Scott Aspect 740

mtbr member
    May 2015
    What should my expectation be for updates / Tracking info from
    Bike-discount.de

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    N/A They hand off to USPS on this side of the pond.

I received a parcel (to CA) in six days.

Quote Originally Posted by valens View Post
    What should my expectation be for updates / Tracking info from
    Bike-discount.de

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Do they normally show any tracking for international?
    I placed an order Wednesday and haven't heard anything since order confirmation

mtbr member
    I placed an order on the 7th. Nothing yet. DHL site hasn't been updated in 4 days. I guess I'll get it when I get it. Nothing beats the free 2 day shipping, to California, from Merlin in the UK when I ordered my Pike. That was freaky fast.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    So is DHL their preferred method of shipping to the states? My experience is that DHL collects import duties 100% of the time. They collect via mail after you receive your shipment. I believe they actually pay the import duties for you and then collect from you. If you don't pay they send it to collections. This is to the US and only if DHL actually delivers to your door.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I'm in montreal and received my order within 7 days of placing it. I was sent an email saying that the order has been shipped and that I would be sent an email later in the day with a tracking number. The email never arrived but my goodies did in a well packed box and all the parts were in their original packages.
    This is my second time ordering from them and both times have been positive.
    I did have to pay taxes and duties but it still came out way less expensive than going to a local shop.

Eric

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Thanks for the info the fact that other people have received product without them giving tracking information (that they clearly state they will send) makes me feel better.

Was a little nervous ordering from overseas for the first time.
    also i looked up a duty tracker and they claimed there wouldn't be any for what I purchased. $340 USD (2014 FOX 32 CTD FIT 100MM 29" 1-1/8th Fork)
    don't know if there is some kind of cost amount that triggers it.
    Ill update when i get my stuff.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Ended up working out fine.
    Product was OEM but was brand new.
    Used Serial Number to confirm that the product was legit and accurate.

They did have one of their description fields filled out wrong on the website.
    Said it was Fox Factory not Fox Performance (which was impossible with the specs they gave and also clearly wrong if you looked at the picture)

The picture and all of the other descriptions were 100% accurate.

They actually took 3 full business days to even pack my order (like it says they can) 1-3 on website.
    Order Date 5/14/2015
    Pack Date 5/18/2015
    Ship Date 5/18/2015
    Received 5/29/2015

Overall I was satisfied, frankly i couldn't find anything that met my requirements stateside. 1-1/8th / 100mm / QR15 And the price was ridiculous.

Though i was hoping (perhaps unreasonably for it to take less than 2 weeks to get it)
    2009 Gary Fisher / Trek Mamba 29er
    that I'm in the process of pimping out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for the tip on the fork, valens. I just ordered one for myself. It's getting pretty hard to find a decent fork with a straight steerer tube and all the ones I can find here in the States cost more than double what the one from bike-discount costs. Hell, even the used ones are going for $350 or more on ebay.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I placed an order for a mixed 2x10 group set on May 21. It was a bit of delay getting packed and over to the shipping facility, I got a DHL tracking number that says it was entered into their system on May 26. But from there it has been fairly fast. Into SFO customers on May 28, out the next day on May 29 and into the local sort facility in Federal Way, WA on May 30. Looks pretty likely it will be delivered tomorrow June 1. Not as fast as Chain Reaction, but for the huge savings on the rear derailleur, shifter and cassette, I'll take a 10-11 day process.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I've placed two orders with bike-discount.de. The first went perfectly. I ordered a xt groupset and other items and it took just under 2 weeks to Denver. I picked up at the post office. The second order is a different story. It shows up on my doorstep with parts on top of the box!! My mailman signed for it and left a note on the box about the parts (can he even do that?) I opened it up and everything was there fortunately except for a kmc missing link. So no big deal as it could have been much worse but really lousy packaging on the part of bike-discount.

Now for the problem: they sent me the wrong fork. I ordered a Fox Factory Fork but they sent me a Fox Performance Fork. Additionally, it was supposed to be all black but this one has a white crown which is really strange. I'll update as this unfolds but this is super disappointing as I was all ready to build my bike, ugh.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Ok I'm impressed with bike-discount.de so far.
    I placed an order on Thursday night 5/28/2015 9pm Pacific time for:
    XTR Shifter, XT Rear Derailleur, XT Cassette, DT Swiss 350 Front and Rear hubs.
    The mailman delivered the package today, Monday 6/1/2015.
    It was packed very well. This is my first purchase there and I'm impressed. Prices were really good too. Just about the cheapest price I've found for all the items listed above.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoise View Post
    I've placed two orders with bike-discount.de. The first went perfectly. I ordered a xt groupset and other items and it took just under 2 weeks to Denver. I picked up at the post office. The second order is a different story. It shows up on my doorstep with parts on top of the box!! My mailman signed for it and left a note on the box about the parts (can he even do that?) I opened it up and everything was there fortunately except for a kmc missing link. So no big deal as it could have been much worse but really lousy packaging on the part of bike-discount.

Now for the problem: they sent me the wrong fork. I ordered a Fox Factory Fork but they sent me a Fox Performance Fork. Additionally, it was supposed to be all black but this one has a white crown which is really strange. I'll update as this unfolds but this is super disappointing as I was all ready to build my bike, ugh.
    They responded after 4 days. Says to return but don't use UPS or Fedex. I checked DHL and it costs $237 to return so I guess USPS? Anyone have experience with returns? This is their mistake so annoying they can't just send me a return label. They didn't include the return slip so hopefully they don't take another 4 days to respond. What a pain!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    They responded after 4 days. Says to return but don't use UPS or Fedex. I checked DHL and it costs $237 to return so I guess USPS? Anyone have experience with returns? This is their mistake so annoying they can't just send me a return label. They didn't include the return slip so hopefully they don't take another 4 days to respond. What a pain!
    When I ordered a bunch of stuffs from them before, one of the items was (1) 29x2.35 Nobby Nic. The tire came with the box, the box had the correct size label, but the tire inside was 29x2.25. I didn't realized this not til I after installed the tire. After emailing them back and forth for the next few days, they decided to send me a new tire and I get to keep the wrong tire. Their reasoning was, it would cost them more if I were to send it back (they were going to reimburse me for shipping).

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I finally got refunded, although it was a huge headache. Took about 8 or so emails to get all the info to send the fork back. Cost $65 to return via USPS (cheapest option) and you have to fill out a customs form. Not sure I'd order again from this outfit.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    yeah its definitely a headache when you have to return stuff from overseas purchase, especially something big like a fork.
    I think customs forms are mandatory if you try to send anything oversea...I had to return some small parts to chainreaction once and also had to fill out the customs form.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Update: got my fork in less than 2 weeks and it was exactly as promised. No extra duties or weird delivery charges.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    If your order goes well, then I guess this shop is OK due to their prices. But if your order goes worng, you are screwed. Worst customer service ever

Beware and DO NOT BUY from Bike-discount.de. Price was great, but the shipment that they sent me only contained 1 wheel, not the wheelset that I ordered. When I contacted them, it took them days to respond and then the response was that there was no way that they shipped only 1 wheel and it must have been lost in customs or something. I sent them pictures of an undamaged box (with their logo all over it), with only a single original layer of tape, no signs of tampering, and the box only big enough for a single wheel. It was NOT the box that Mavic wheels typically come it, it was just a regular box, poorly packed, the wheel barely fit and was busting at the seams. They refused to believe the evidence and basically said it was not their issue. If I wanted to return it so they could personally inspect it, then I could pay for return shipping and they would "evaluate" a refund. I told them that was not acceptable and now they won't reply. I reported it to my credit card company and now it is under investigation.

I'm sure one of their employees is either a complete idiot or out riding around with a new bright yellow wheel.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescbrennan View Post
    If your order goes well, then I guess this shop is OK due to their prices. But if your order goes worng, you are screwed. Worst customer service ever
    Bummer. I've ordered from them many times; no issues & good communication. I just placed a large order on the 14th, shipped the 15th and it arrived at my door yesterday (CA). One thing I like about this place is it has real time inventory; all parts show whether (or not) they are in stock. If not in stock, don't order it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hit and miss with bike discount for me. First order was about a year ago and it all went well. Placed an order on 7/1 and all seemed to be going fine. Got to the USA and the USPS took over. Since then it has been sitting with the same status for 17 days "in transit" from an office about an hour from me. 99% sure this isn't Bike-discount's fault but their phone system is highly flawed. Sometimes just telling you to call back later and hanging up. I did start an "investigation" last week with them and did talk to someone today who is going to mail me an update. Just so you know if this happens to you the USPS will not help you. The investigation needs to be started by the originating shipping company, in this case DHL. Bike-discount told me today these investigations can go for up to 2 weeks. So I am certainly not happy to keep waiting for parts I needed long ago....they did have a nice deal on Shimano Zee brakes though that would have been great to use at Snowshoe last weekend. Oh well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    My bike-discount.de order from 7/1 was finally delivered on 8/11. Despite their promise to contact me as soon as they heard from DHL that never happened and it was just delivered. There are much worse endings to this story but their communication was lacking throughout the process. Their prices are great. I have no idea what happened in the shipping. Just wanted to close out the story for anyone deciding if they should order from there.

BTW - I ordered Shimano Zee brakes and they did come US style - Rear/Right, Front/Left.

Quote Originally Posted by dba4life View Post
    Hit and miss with bike discount for me. First order was about a year ago and it all went well. Placed an order on 7/1 and all seemed to be going fine. Got to the USA and the USPS took over. Since then it has been sitting with the same status for 17 days "in transit" from an office about an hour from me. 99% sure this isn't Bike-discount's fault but their phone system is highly flawed. Sometimes just telling you to call back later and hanging up. I did start an "investigation" last week with them and did talk to someone today who is going to mail me an update. Just so you know if this happens to you the USPS will not help you. The investigation needs to be started by the originating shipping company, in this case DHL. Bike-discount told me today these investigations can go for up to 2 weeks. So I am certainly not happy to keep waiting for parts I needed long ago....they did have a nice deal on Shimano Zee brakes though that would have been great to use at Snowshoe last weekend. Oh well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Hit and Miss to buy from Bike-Discount.DE! I placed my order with them for the first time on 7/5/2015. One of the Shimano XT brake I got had a lazy piston on one side. I didn't notice that until I installed and bent the brand new ice-tec rotor as well. Returned both items within 30 days in timely manner. As of 8/21/15, 20+ emails in exchange for update or return options. I asked for 1) buy a new set and return the credits as advanced replacements, 2) refund the defective parts and call it off. 3) Simply take one set from their inventory, and they can wait for Shimano's warranty replacements. None of options was answered or taken, other than pending for Shimano EU's update. The latest update this week is to wait for next week. Well, speechless anyway. Next week would be the last chance before starting credit card dispute and all the fun stuff. This would be the first and the last time to buy from this place, PERIOD!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I am considering ordering a $300+ item from bike discount from the US.

Did anybody get charged customs duty on a $300 + item?

Bike discount CS said that you can pay in US dollars, but did anybody get charged foreign transaction fees on their credit card when ordering from them?

Just trying to see if it worth ordering from them if there are all these additional costs.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Nope, I ordered about $1200 in two orders. No customs charge but if you see my previous post they do a crap job of packaging the box and as a result I lost some small parts. They also sent me the wrong fork which was a headache to return but they did eventually refund me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Nope, I ordered about $1200 in two orders. No customs charge but if you see my previous post they do a crap job of packaging the box and as a result I lost some small parts. They also sent me the wrong fork which was a headache to return but they did eventually refund me.
    I couldn't agree more about their packing! I ordered some XTR 11 parts and a couple of tires from them. The box and all the contents fell apart as I picked it up from my door step. SOMEHOW everything was there, I'm still in awe about that. It's the cheapest box and tape I've ever seen anyone use.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Here's the box as I received it. My mailman even wrote me a message about parts falling out. Common sense would dictate a better tape job than one strip, and they didn't even tape the seams. Amazon packages coming from 1/6th the distance are packaged betterBike-Discount.de-bikede.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I've placed 3 separate orders of $700+ each order within the past 2yrs, with the last order just few weeks ago, never had a problem. No custom charges, none.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've used them once. The dollars saved does not justify the agrevation of dealing with them to fix their mistakes. Never again.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Two decent sized orders from them and I have not been charged anything extra...

Quote Originally Posted by tito1200 View Post
    I am considering ordering a $300+ item from bike discount from the US.

Did anybody get charged customs duty on a $300 + item?

Bike discount CS said that you can pay in US dollars, but did anybody get charged foreign transaction fees on their credit card when ordering from them?

Just trying to see if it worth ordering from them if there are all these additional costs.

Thanks!

bike tester
    Ordered a 29er frame on sale, it was poorly packaged and it arrived with a dent in the head tube. Sent it back, luckily managed to get their website to generate a return label so i didn't have to pay for return shipping. A ****up in their software checked the wrong box when they generated my return form so i was returned my money instead of being sent a new frame. Had to order again, 3 weeks of downtime for nothing. A reputable company would have sent me a new frame upon receipt of damaged frame photos.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I am still fighting with them through my credit card company to get a refund of $691. I ordered a Mavic wheelset. They sent 1 wheel and none of the axle adapters. So even the one wheel is totally useless to me. They refuse to believe that they sent only 1 wheel. They say to return the box and they will inspect it to make a decision about a refund. And they won't pay return shipping. I am not paying another $125 in shipping for them to think about fixing their mistake. If prices appear to be too good to be true, ask yourself why. Bike-discount.de has great prices because they are a second rate scam house. They probably sold 2 wheelsets and sent half of my order to someone else. Now they are laughing because they sold 2 wheelsets and only had to buy one. Scammers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Just to add on to the bad experiences. I will never order from these guys again. I ordered a Manitou shock and Magura brakes on 8/22. All looked great until the order hit the U.S. and shows with USPS it being sent out from Florida on 9/1. On 9/10, I call USPS to find out what is happening, the guy tells me that it should have arrived, as was priority and I must contact the seller to have them initiate a dispute.

I contacted bike-discount on 9/10 and they said would respond within 48 hours. 9/14 I contact them again after hearing nothing and get a response that they are investigating. Contact them again on 9/15 telling them I need the parts by the 25th. No response.

9/22 I open a dispute with Paypal. Bike-discount give a boilerplate response they are waiting to hear from the shipper. I point out I contacted them on 9/10 and it has been 12 days. On 9/25 frustrated I have received no response form Bike-discount, I escalate it to claim. They have until the end of today to respond, but have not so far.

I should have known when neither of my credit cards would work on their site and I was told they were blocked by Visa and Master Card for fraud that I shouldn't use them. I had used them a couple of times in the past, but this time has been a mess. Never again. Hopefully I see my money at some point.

Contrast this with Chainreaction. Last December I ordered two Easton Havoc carbon bars on blowout for $90 each. I received them about a week later, correct box, correct plastic wrap, but the bars were aluminium. Contacted Chainreaction and the next day they responded to return and they would get the right ones to me. I sent them back, and they sent the correct ones.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    All looked great until the order hit the U.S. and shows with USPS it being sent out from Florida on 9/1. On 9/10, I call USPS to find out what is happening, the guy tells me that it should have arrived, as was priority and I must contact the seller to have them initiate a dispute.
    Are you asking B-D.de to pay / solve the USPS screw up? I can't argue that the B-E.de customer service may not be up to par of Chain Reaction, etc., but sounds like merchant did their part.

For reference, every time I order from B-D.de the USPS guy literally sneaks up to my front door and puts a pink tag on my door. For those not familiar w/the pink tag, you (recipient) need to go to the post office to pick up the parcel. Either they are too lazy or not getting paid enough (by Deutsche Post) to take it to the recipients door.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sfo423 View Post
    Are you asking B-D.de to pay / solve the USPS screw up? I can't argue that the B-E.de customer service may not be up to par of Chain Reaction, etc., but sounds like merchant did their part.

For reference, every time I order from B-D.de the USPS guy literally sneaks up to my front door and puts a pink tag on my door. For those not familiar w/the pink tag, you (recipient) need to go to the post office to pick up the parcel. Either they are too lazy or not getting paid enough (by Deutsche Post) to take it to the recipients door.
    USPS has lost the package. It was shipped out of their Florida service center and never arrived at their local sort center, much less was delivered. (It is a tracked, insured package). As the shipper, B-D is liable for the package until delivered, their shipper and their insurance. In fact USPS and DHL will not discuss the claim with me as the buyer, as the I am not their customer, B-D is.

B-D has not done their part. I ordered and paid in full for a product more than 5 weeks ago and it has never been delivered. B-D way of handling is to do nothing. This happens periodically to any company when shipping problems and most are quick in dealing with it. I had a package sent normal U.S. Mail from Universal Cycles (small inexpensive parts) that never showed up. Called Universal, they resent the next day.
    Attached Files Attached Files

bike tester
    Quote Originally Posted by sfo423 View Post

Sender should file a dispute with their carrier asking them to investigate down the line. That's the only way lost packages get found or insurance gets reimbursed. If they don't complain the case gets nowhere.

mtbr member
    My last order of almost $500 in tires with bike-discount.de ended up having to get cancelled and a refund issued. Somehow the handoff between DHL and the USPS never happened. The USPS tracking never showed it having been received. Took a couple of weeks to resolve with b-d.de, but they did come through with a paypal refund. Trying again with hibike.de and I'm concerned that the same thing is happening with the DHL/USPS transfer. Or perhaps its getting hung up in customs. Either way, seems like something is broken in that interface. I've ordered before from b-d.de with no issues (big orders) and, of course chainreactioncycles which has awesome shipping but not so great prices on Schwalbe tires.

MTBmoose

mtbr member
    I've ordered from B-D.de for the last 3 years, but have learned from all the others here. I only order tires, or other stuff that won't easily fall out like handlebars. As others have mentioned, the packaging is crap. I love Schwable and Conti tires and prices here are just awesome, but Chainreaction is certainly easier to deal with when something goes wrong.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I placed on order for some Shimano Road brakes and a bleed kit on Oct. 2nd. Shipping from Germany was prompt, but now my shipping status shows that it is being processed by U.S. Customs. I'm confused why the tracking shows that it was first "Inbound OUT of Customs" leading me to believe it cleared, but the latest shows that it is "Inbound Into Customs" along with the processing message. Has anyone in the US seen this? Will this tracking update after it clears, or is it possible that it could just be delivered without any further tracking updates?

Inbound Into Customs
    Your item is being processed by United States Customs.

October 9, 2015 , 11:35 am
    Inbound Out of Customs

October 8, 2015 , 4:15 pm
    Processed Through Sort Facility
    ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

mtbr member
    Not sure how it works over there but something like that here in the UK means. First one is, its arrived second one, it being moved through the same building. It's still inbound and has its not cleared customs. Next one should be cleared/or please ring

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Just to update about my non-receipt of my order from Bike Discount DE. They never responded further to my request for a refund or to reship the order. They also failed to provide any response to Paypal. Finally, 20 days after lodging my complaint with Paypal, I called them and after a surprisingly short 2 minute wait on hold, the representative said BD failed to provide any evidence they delivered and refunded my money and closed the complaint. So a big thumbs down to BD and a big thumbs up for Paypal for dealing with the issue.

mtbr member
    Just to update about my non-receipt of my order from Bike Discount DE. They never responded further to my request for a refund or to reship the order. They also failed to provide any response to Paypal. Finally, 20 days after lodging my complaint with Paypal, I called them and after a surprisingly short 2 minute wait on hold, the representative said BD failed to provide any evidence they delivered and refunded my money and closed the complaint. So a big thumbs down to BD and a big thumbs up for Paypal for dealing with the issue.
    Cary, glad I saw this. I was thinking of ordering a Mcleod from bike discount.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quick Update on my order for those still thinking about ordering from Bike-Discount.
    I had some weird stuff going on with my tracking, but eventually it updated and it was sent for delivery on Oct. 23rd, which was exactly 3 weeks after I ordered it. In all fairness to Bike-Discount, they shipped my order promptly, and then it sat in U.S. Customs for nearly 2 weeks. From what I've read, it typically doesn't take that long to clear U.S. customs, but I have also read that ISC Chicago is notorious for long holding times.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    For what it's worth...

I've gotten two orders now from bike-discount and haven't had a problem yet. I've also ordered stuff from starbike.com and bike24.com and, so far, have gotten everything I ordered in a reasonable amount of time. The starbike order took the longest at 2 1/2 weeks but it was because they didn't have the RS Pike in stock even though the site said it was "ready to ship." I'm glad I was patient though. They shipped a 2016 model in the RS box with all accessories included.

I'm not sure what it is about the German online sites but they don't put a lot of effort into packing orders securely. Like I said, all my stuff has arrived unbroken but it seems like they just through the order in a big box add a few pieces of packing paper and tape it up. Crazy! but cheap...
    2015 Tang Ibis Ripley LS XT 1X+Ritchey Carbon Cockpit+Nox Wheels=
    For Sale: 2008 Intense 5.5 FRO XTR/Stans

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AlBeThere View Post
    For what it's worth...

I'm not sure what it is about the German online sites but they don't put a lot of effort into packing orders securely.
    Probably union..........doh!

Come on, dare me!
    If it has not yet been suggested, try Hibike.com instead of bike-discount.de. They have even better prices on Schwalbe, Shimano and a lot of stuff, packaging is good and they ship pretty quickly. I've been ordering from them as well from bike-discount.de in the last 2-3 years and never had any problem (fingers crossed).

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Well, 5 months later, my dispute with this company is finally resolved. I am happy to say that my Citibank Mastercard finally concluded my case in my favor and refunded my money.

These guys did everything they could to deny and fight this claim. Even though I only ever received 1 wheel out of the wheelset that I bought, they refused to take responsibility or believe that I was telling the truth. They successfully refuted the claim to my credit card company twice and I had to go back and reopen the claim by talking to more service agents and supplying more info. If I had not persisted, these guys would have gotten away with it. I have a feeling they know what they are doing when fighting credit card claims, because they probably do it a lot.

I wonder if there is another person out there somewhere who placed the same order as me and only received a front wheel (the one I received was a rear)? Not sure if this is a scam or just incompetence. Either way, I will NEVER order from these guys again.

So, if/when you have an issue with this company, do not give up and keep fighting for your claim. I hope yours turn out successful like mine and you get your money back.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    having problems ordering from bike-discount.de website. Anyone else ?

After I enter paypal info and go to the finalize page, it bounces me back to select payment page. I called them (they speak good english and answer the phone, unlike hibike.com I was considering as well but were out of stock on one item). They told me they have a known issue when items have been sitting in your basket for a while (days for me) and to remove all, log out, close browser, and re-order the items after you log in. But now I can't even select paypal, get an error right away...

Feeling weird about giving them my CC.

ironically while this thread is mostly negative, most of the others I search seem positive (ex Anyone used bike discount.de | Forum | road.cc)

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Good experience with them, no issues on 3 or 4 orders
    2016 Transition Smuggler
    2016 TREK Fuel EX 9

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Me too, ordered a Pike from them, delivered to my door in California in 2 weeks? The fork steerer did poke through their cheap cardboard but nothing was damaged so all good! I would definitely buy from them again in the future.

PULL
    On a whim, and before I ever saw this post, I placed an order for a laundry list of items (excess of $900 USD) through these guys and received said items in flawless condition. Bunch of parts from a reverb, to shimano brakes, to a bunch of misc CX items for my winter bike.

Shipping is a bit of a wait but the box made it a-ok.

Small note: I have a feeling drop kicking boxes and customs agents go hand-in-hand. I have ordered 6 boxes from Germany and Switzerland this year and every box has had a hole in it or looks like it has been completely smashed.

Fingers crossed on the last box from another company in Germany with my RS fork.

Merendon Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by adumesny View Post
    having problems ordering from bike-discount.de website. Anyone else ?

After I enter paypal info and go to the finalize page, it bounces me back to select payment page. I called them (they speak good english and answer the phone, unlike hibike.com I was considering as well but were out of stock on one item). They told me they have a known issue when items have been sitting in your basket for a while (days for me) and to remove all, log out, close browser, and re-order the items after you log in. But now I can't even select paypal, get an error right away...

Feeling weird about giving them my CC.

ironically while this thread is mostly negative, most of the others I search seem positive (ex Anyone used bike discount.de | Forum | road.cc)
    The exact same thing was happening to me a couple of days ago. I enden up using the credit card option.

mtbr member
    I have had good luck with them in the past. Just ordered a set of DT Swiss 240 hubs for $335 which is an insane deal. As usual, I will hold breath.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    ...I should have known when neither of my credit cards would work on their site and I was told they were blocked by Visa and Master Card for fraud that I shouldn't use them...
    Cary, can you elaborate ? who said B-E was a fraud, your credit card company ??? that's pretty strong accusation.

I'm having problems paying with paypal (get B-D site error before I even get re-directed to paypal) and was worry giving my CC info directly, especially after reading your msg.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Well I placed my order with Bike Discount when they had a great deal on Reverbs and other stuff so I took the gamble. The package came today and there were no problems; everything came double-packed and took a little over a week to get here.

Flow
    I have ordered a lot of schwalbe tires and shimano components from bikes-discount.de over the past year in 4 separate orders. Never got charged any import fees and packages generally show up 1-2 weeks after I order. However, I can't shake the feeling that every order is somewhat of a risk as shipping things back to Germany is likely cost prohibitive and I dislike that I can't track the order to know when it will arrive. Plus, dealing with customs is a pain, with the potential for long delays around the holidays. The prices are so good that I guess the risk is worth it, although it seems like prices on shimano in the USA have come down a lot with the new 2016 stuff which makes taking the risk less appealing.

mtbr member
    Another order filled successfully. Got a set of DT 240's for less than just a rear hub.

Prices are good enough I will continue to take risks

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    was worried about ordering after reading the thread (almost too good to be true Conti TK 2.2 tires at 27.5 euro) and Shimano parts for so low - even Stans quart which are made in the US are cheaper there! I ordered on a Sunday and Monday it shipped out. DHL tracking didn't show much info, but had a USPS tracking # a few days later. Zero info until it showed up (past custom) at my door 2 week later.

Ordering online was a mess: wouldn't take paypal, issue with items in basket too long, then other store Online bike shop | Top brands at cycling store hibike I used for a price match was out but they matched anyway! they even matched Pricepoint.com on some tool I got.

I will order again. prices on German/French tires are 1/2 to 1/3 here!

P.S. it was well packed.

aka: Bucky Fikes
    Quote Originally Posted by adumesny View Post
    Cary, can you elaborate ? who said B-E was a fraud, your credit card company ??? that's pretty strong accusation.

I'm having problems paying with paypal (get B-D site error before I even get re-directed to paypal) and was worry giving my CC info directly, especially after reading your msg.
    I've done business with them on a couple of occasions in the last 3-4 months. Everything has been good. I just tried to scoop a couple more sets of XT brakes for back-up and it would not process through to PayPal which is always my preference for internet orders. I tried several times for several days. I contacted them and they suggested emptying cart, signing off, logging in and starting over. No go. I even tried a couple differet browsers as they suggested. No go. I emailed them and told them the problem was on their end and they seemed surprised. After reading what I'm seeing here regarding the identical issue, I think they're bluffing and now I wonder why? Anyone tried PayPal with them lately? I might give it another go and see what happens but I have cold feet on buying what I was trying to at the time.

EDIT: Just tried again. No bueno! Something's up and I am going to check in with PayPal and see if they are in dispute with them or something. One would think they'd get the issue sorted by now when people are trying to give you money.
    Always ride with a purpose.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    curious what you find out. While I received my order after 2 weeks, I still don't understand why paypal wouldn't work - tried exactly the same things you did as well. Finally gave my CC which I didn't want to (my old Citicard used to have a virtual # generator where you could specify a one time $ amount which was perfect for online purchases - wish chase has this).

Merendon Junkie
    I was also unable to use paypal in my recent order. hmm... Keep us posted! The dt350 hubset arrived just fine btw. I paid with CC.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jsheu0407 View Post
    Hit and Miss to buy from Bike-Discount.DE! I placed my order with them for the first time on 7/5/2015. One of the Shimano XT brake I got had a lazy piston on one side. I didn't notice that until I installed and bent the brand new ice-tec rotor as well. Returned both items within 30 days in timely manner. As of 8/21/15, 20+ emails in exchange for update or return options. I asked for 1) buy a new set and return the credits as advanced replacements, 2) refund the defective parts and call it off. 3) Simply take one set from their inventory, and they can wait for Shimano's warranty replacements. None of options was answered or taken, other than pending for Shimano EU's update. The latest update this week is to wait for next week. Well, speechless anyway. Next week would be the last chance before starting credit card dispute and all the fun stuff. This would be the first and the last time to buy from this place, PERIOD!!!
    What was the outcome? I have a sticky Saint caliper? Contemplating a return & already got a replacement off wiggle to get it quicker

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dukemasterpro View Post
    What was the outcome? I have a sticky Saint caliper? Contemplating a return & already got a replacement off wiggle to get it quicker
    why not deal with shimano in your country directly ? doesn't make sense to ship it back to Germany (from the US for me) when shimano has replaced a defective XTR part after 2.5 years for me. a local shop took care of it and paid $20 for them to handle it, but you can contact shimano directly too...

Evolutionsverlierer
    Buddy just got his carbon dropper from them, forgot how long it took but he went for the cheapest option so he did not complain, no custom agents drop kick damage so the dropper and box was in pristine condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Avid is spelled wrong, there should be an 'O' in there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I got a shipment from them today - two Schwalbe Ice Spiker Pro tires.

The bad news - it took 27 days to arrive from when I ordered to USA. DHL packet is terrible. Really really terrible from Germany. Evidently they wait until a shipping container is full before they send it. My previous DHL attempt was also very bad - 21 days for my Dura-Ace wheels from Germany.

I got my pedals from Merlin-Cycles much faster. I forget now - but maybe in the 7-10 day range. I ordered something from China via AliExpress on a Monday night at 10pm, and it arrived Friday of that same week. So I am not really tolerant of 27 day shipping.

On the plus side - these tires cost me $123 total including shipping per set for 29 inchers delivered. A local bike store would have been $318 per set. eBay from a nearby dealer in a neighboring state would have been $247.

So I saved $124 to wait 27 days instead of maybe 3 days from eBay. Still worth it since I didn't need them before it snows, but I would only order from them again if no one else had a price that was close.

They did ship the item quickly - the problem is their shipping vendor.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I ordered the new camlbak Palos 4 LR from then took about 2 weeks to get it. I could not find this thing any where in the states so i pulled the trigger. their prices are killer, shipping not so much. I would order a few things to make it worth while. I could not use paypal like other had issues with, i ended up just using CC. I would buy from again!

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Orderred from them dozens of times and never had any complaints. Fast delivery, great packaging and good communication.

Unless they tend to pack stuff for American customers differently I can't see what is the problem here. Think it's more a problem with the delivery services, they kick and throw anything they can lift.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    The problem *is* with the delivery services. However, that is the delivery service they choose to get a low cost. So it is still their problem.

mtbr member
    I just recived a RS fork in just over 2 weeks, good packaging and no issues at all, will definalty use again, shipped to AZ

mtbr member
    Just received some brakes I ordered here in the US, no issues.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jon23 View Post
    Just received some brakes I ordered here in the US, no issues.
    Pair of Schwalbe ice spiker 29x2.25 shipped to my door in MA in 7 days for $120. Arrived on a Sunday, 3rd purchase with bike-discount.de and all great experiences. 👍

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    When you order from them and get tracking info. Is it normal to be at the transport facility (what my translator says) for 12 days? Also the tracking number only works on the DHL site in the link they provide. If I go to DHL's site, it say it doesn't exist.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Looking through this thread, it seems waiting up to a month isn't until heard of...wish I had known prior.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I placed an order for 4x Schwable Rocket Rons, a Shimano RD-M786 and a KMC X10 SL on Feb. 12 at 9 p.m EST (basically Feb. 15). The order arrived without issue on Feb. 22 -- 6 business days later. Shipping was $23.17.

Insane prices and incredibly fast international shipping. FWIW, I'm in Florida and probably benefit from being near the International USPS hub in Miami.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I recently bought a rear shock from them. They shipped it out very quickly and it was in the US two days later after I placed my order, but then it was stuck in customs at O'Hare for two weeks. Not Bike Discount's fault at all and I'd have no problem ordering from them again. Just wanted to add that maybe delays are just due to customs/usps.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matadorCE View Post
    I recently bought a rear shock from them. They shipped it out very quickly and it was in the US two days later after I placed my order, but then it was stuck in customs at O'Hare for two weeks. Not Bike Discount's fault at all and I'd have no problem ordering from them again. Just wanted to add that maybe delays are just due to customs/usps.
    That's what my order is looking like. I will pay the extra for Merlin or Ribble next time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I just got my order, will probably use them again and just expect a posable wait.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Even better than in the past

I've now used bike discount for the last 3 years to stock up on my favorite Schwable tires. This year i decided to go nuts and had some friends join in the fun. 20 tires in a single box arrived 13 days after being ordered. I expected it to take two weeks, so no surprise there. What WAS a surprise was the packaging. In the past it had been flimsy and I was nervous about ordering anything that couple possible be broken by stuff bouncing around in a box. This time the packaging was incredible. Super happy with Bike Discount - they have definitely stepped up their international shipping game!

OUTSIDE OF BOX
    Bike-Discount.de-box-1.jpg
    INSIDE THE BOX
    Bike-Discount.de-inside-box.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I just placed an order from some drive train parts on April 3rd. Everything arrived in Montreal on April 8th. No issues, well packed and all in their original packagings. The bonus part was that I did not end having to pay any taxes or duty. Got lucky.
    Eric

aka: Bucky Fikes
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbyred View Post
    I just placed an order from some drive train parts on April 3rd. Everything arrived in Montreal on April 8th. No issues, well packed and all in their original packagings. The bonus part was that I did not end having to pay any taxes or duty. Got lucky.
    Eric
    That USD $$ limit on taxes/duties used to be $250. It was just recently raised to $800.

Edit: Nevermind, I missed the Montreal part of your post till rereading it. Doesn't apply to you.
    Always ride with a purpose.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I read that in the news a few weeks ago but I live in Montreal, which is in the country on top of yours!
    Eric

mtbr member

Bike-Discount.de

I've bought quite a few things from them. They are a first rate shop, provided great service, communication and shipping.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I bought a 2x10 XT drivetrain for a friend who had worn through the one on his bike. Best price around, shipped the day I ordered it, landed on west coast US a day later and was out for delivery a couple of days later. Ordered late Tuesday PM on West Coast (so Wed AM Germany), delivered first thing following Monday morning by USPS. Again a satisfied customer.
    Putting an order in for a 24" RST F1rst air suspension fork for my daughter sometime this week.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I found I need to order > $100 or it's cheaper elsewhere, once you add the $23 shipping or whatever it is now. I ordered lots of items for the 16' riding season (tires, chains, brake pads, cassette etc). Order arrived about 1.5 weeks later and everything looked good.

But now that the dollar seems to be losing ground to the euro, it's not as good of a deal and even more in some cases, so I'll just buy from US.

mtbr member
    I ordered 2 Magic Mary's SS trailstar plus shipping for like $90, I can't buy 2 with free shipping here for that. Shipping usually 1.5-2weeks
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    After two very fast orders this year, it looks like it is my time to wait. It took 4 days just to get out of Germany once handed to DHL. Looks like it finally landed yesterday in the US and is in customs today.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    possibly a dumb question but here goes...
    how do you guys enter your shipping address?
    if i use W Main St for street then 1234 for house number it shows as W Main St 1234 as the shipping address at checkout either through paypal or CC direct.
    just want to make sure the formatting is correct for how addresses are read in the US.

Flow
    I think I just entered it as 1234 W Main St and then house number as 1234. This makes it appear as 1234 W Main St. 1234 but I have gotten all my packages.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes475 View Post
    I think I just entered it as 1234 W Main St and then house number as 1234. This makes it appear as 1234 W Main St. 1234 but I have gotten all my packages.
    thanks, i was thinking 1234 W Main St and just putting a . for house number, which works for the form and looks pretty normal for a US address.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Yeah, I just put the house number in the street name field, and then used a period in the house number field too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by backinmysaddle View Post
    After two very fast orders this year, it looks like it is my time to wait. It took 4 days just to get out of Germany once handed to DHL. Looks like it finally landed yesterday in the US and is in customs today.
    My package actually arrived very quickly after this post, so in the end was pretty fast again.

mtbr member
    Ordered a Hope BB and installation tool. They were also having a special on Hope parts (10% discount). Took about 6 buisness days to California. Will be using them again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    can anyone from canada tell me how much the brokerage fees is and what is the percentage of tax/duty that dhl charges when ordering from this site?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've got some orders coming from R2-bike and Bike24 via DHL and its becoming very frustrating. R2 order took only 4 hours to leave R2 and show up on tracking at the local DHL site, then at final German DHL site about 8 hours after order. Great. Now 12 days later, the tracking status hasn't changed. WTF? It just sits at a German DHL site for two weeks? I'm beginning to believe the idea that DHL waits for full containers/planes before shipping??

The UK sites definitely crush the German sites when it comes to shipping. My last few UK shipments have arrived to Seattle only 3 days after ordering. But for DT hubs, there is no reasonable UK or USA source that can rival the pricing at German sites.

Norđwegr
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    I've got some orders coming from R2-bike and Bike24 via DHL and its becoming very frustrating. R2 order took only 4 hours to leave R2 and show up on tracking at the local DHL site, then at final German DHL site about 8 hours after order. Great. Now 12 days later, the tracking status hasn't changed. WTF? It just sits at a German DHL site for two weeks? I'm beginning to believe the idea that DHL waits for full containers/planes before shipping??

The UK sites definitely crush the German sites when it comes to shipping. My last few UK shipments have arrived to Seattle only 3 days after ordering. But for DT hubs, there is no reasonable UK or USA source that can rival the pricing at German sites.
    Try running the trackingnumber on USPS.com.
    DHL from Germany is their postal service, like USPS. DHL elsewhere is a courier.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post

I am in the same boat (or container!) as you. Ordered from R2, shipped quickly, but sitting in limbo for over 2 weeks now with no status change. R2 says be patient this sometimes happens around the holidays. So hard....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 144