mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Good job! BeyondBikes came through for me

After reading other posts, I was very wary of ordering from BeyondBikes.com. In the end, though, their price on the headlight that I wanted (Light & Motion Solo Logic Mv) was SO much better that any other site online ($139.99) that I eventually ordered from them. Before I did, though, I phoned them up to confirm that they had it in stock. The guy was very friendly and understanding of the bad PR that I had read. He reassured me that BB was doing their best to satisfy their customers and told me that if I ordered with him over the phone, that it would go out that day and I would have it in 2 days. Sure enuf, the light arrived today as promised.
    So while I don't doubt others' negative experiences with BB, I'd advise you to call them up and see if the item's in stock. If so, and if you can be reassured by talking to someone there, then you might score like I did.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hey, one positive out of every 50 negatives is a huge improvement for them.

members only
    Make me;
    Two positive reports this month.

enjoying the kool-aid
    I have a local riding buddy that ordered something with them.... He told them he needed it by friday of the next week. They said that was no prob. It didn't come, and didn't come and didn't come. He called and asked and got the "it will ship tomorrow" story about 3 times.

Finally he called the wed before he needed the part (friday) and told them that he wanted to cancel his order since he couldn't get the part in time for his trip. They asked "Would you keep your order if we can get you the part by friday?" He said, "yes, if I can get it by friday... I will keep my order with you"

Well he got the part by friday... AND they charged his credit card for 2 day shipping (another $30!!) for "getting it there by friday".....

needless to say he is talking to them about his options at this point!

I can't believe they charged him without saying upfront that they would do 2 day and make him pay for it. If they had been honest about that I'm sure he would of just cancelled his order.

Shady business in my mind....

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I am a local and many people say if you go in the store, you will be fine. Supposedly only people online get jacked. Well, my experience started out well enough, but then again, I bought little things they had in stock, so it is hard to go wrong with that. However, this soon changed. I needed a new fork put on my bike. They put it on, but I had the dreaded Marzocchi AM clunk. All it needed was the rebound to be set right. I did not know this at the time. I bring the bike back and asked them to check it out. They denied hearing anything. Then, they told me, while they were checking it out, they realized my rear shock was blown. It wouldn't hold air. I was like WTF? It never leaked air before bringing it in. When I looked at it, the oring travel indicator was off the shaft, indicating to me that they were probably doing loading dock drops with my bike. I can't prove this, so I just think they were beating on my bike. They kept telling me to get a new rear shock, blah blah blah. I said no, took the bike back, and the shock has to this day never leaked air. I never went back.

My friend is having problems with his Hayes HFX-9's. They were seized. He brings his bike in to Beyond to have them check it out. Without even really looking at the brakes, they told him they were busted and he would need to replace them. Oh by the way, they conveniently were having a sale on those brakes. I told him to bring the bike to me, and I bled them well, and they worked perfect again.

Have people had good experiences with Beyond? Yes, that is why they are still in business. But these people are also the same people that buy Ellsworth and Intense bikes from them. Anyone else, they will treat like crap and try to rip you off. Be warned.