Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    15

    Beware of Icyclesusa.com

    Has anybody else had any problems with Icyclesusa.com? I recently placed an order with them and was led to believe my order would be shipped out via UPS. I requested a tracking number and got no response. Finally after a few more requests they sent an email stating that they had already sent my tracking number(which I never received). After my 7th request I was getting pretty ticked off and I received the following response;

    "Please don't order from us again we are happy to lose your $4 sale. You should shop at performance.
    ICYCLES"

    Granted it was a $4 part, but I 've worked retail. I think you treat the $4 customer just like the $400 or $4000 customer. It turns out the order was not shipped UPS, hence no tracking number. They don't provide a telephone number to order or for customer service. They seem like a pretty chintzy outfit. Any similar stories?

  2. #2
    banned
    Reputation: 29Colossus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,163
    I don't buy from them. In fact, I don't accept cookies from their service provider either, so I don't even visit the site because they won't let me unless I accept their cookie.

    Their service provider must have pissed me off.


  3. #3
    Freshly Fujified
    Reputation: Call_me_Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,200

    No problems here

    2 orders from them and no problems with either. I've seen other posts where people have had issues though. It's not surprising. Sorry to see they weren't responsive to your requests. Looks like it's time to move on.

    Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

  4. #4
    anyone else smell that?
    Reputation: jgsatl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,318
    Quote Originally Posted by wadaminute
    Has anybody else had any problems with Icyclesusa.com? I recently placed an order with them and was led to believe my order would be shipped out via UPS. I requested a tracking number and got no response. Finally after a few more requests they sent an email stating that they had already sent my tracking number(which I never received). After my 7th request I was getting pretty ticked off and I received the following response;

    "Please don't order from us again we are happy to lose your $4 sale. You should shop at performance.
    ICYCLES"

    Granted it was a $4 part, but I 've worked retail. I think you treat the $4 customer just like the $400 or $4000 customer. It turns out the order was not shipped UPS, hence no tracking number. They don't provide a telephone number to order or for customer service. They seem like a pretty chintzy outfit. Any similar stories?
    only a $4 sale? nope. i'll not shop there now either.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3
    First of all if you are so paranoid you need to email us 14 times over a $4 sale then you need to stick to supporting your local bike shop. But seeing as we like bike shops please shop Performance I'll even find you the latest coupon.

    Here's the facts: wadaminute placed a $4 order at 9:37 AM on 1/9/2007 for a Ritchey bottom bracket spindle, yes the same ones that all the other mail order companies charge like $12 to $15 or even more for. No big deal we sell stuff for crazy low prices all the time. His order shipped out right away via AIR not UPS ground like the other guys and an email was automatically generated with tracking numbers. wadaminute then proceeded to email us every few hours for a total of 14 times many of his email were just digs, insults, and plain old rude so of course they did not merit a response. Personally I like to ride my bike rather than be stuck in front of a computer. wadaminute either is lonely and needs a pen pal or maybe a girl friend, and sorry the profit on a $4 sale doesn't buy a whole lot of communication. Besides his package was delivered at 9:50 AM on 01/12/2007 that is exactly 3 days to his door for regular shipping that cost only $5.90.

    On another note yes our shopping cart requires cookies for functionality that is why it works so darn good. Probably one one the easiest and most intuitive shopping carts out there. Try it you'll like it, use coupon "10on50" and get $10 OFF your purchase of $50 or more, That's 20%! Hurry expires soon! www.ICYCLESUSA.com

    Yes Be Aware of our great deals, fast shipping, and easy to navigate website! But if you are a whiner please shop Performance!
    www.ICYCLESUSA.com

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    78
    Wow....

  7. #7
    anyone else smell that?
    Reputation: jgsatl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,318
    wadaminute either is lonely and needs a pen pal or maybe a girl friend, and sorry the profit on a $4 sale doesn't buy a whole lot of communication.
    i don't know what anyone put in any emails, but this comment will keep me from being a customer. you insult this person on a public forum and then let everyone else know they'll receive customer service based only how much money you make off of them.

    i hope your business does well....competition is good for everyone. but if being stuck in front of a computer isn't your thing, maybe a mail-order bike parts company isn't what you should be doing?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    312

    Wtf?

    Well, that was rude. First to disclose transaction details then to insult the person? Come on.

    -Rob
    "No, you're going to be promoted to GLG-20."

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    15
    My feelings too. For the record, I was at work. I work on a computer, so emailing is really pretty quick and easy. Maybe if mr. icycles had been as prompt with his emails as he was with his post, the digs wouldn't have happened.

  10. #10
    tcufrog02
    Guest

    I agree...

    that's a little unprofessional of ICYCLES.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: peanut_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47

    No good

    Quote Originally Posted by ICYCLES
    First of all if you are so paranoid you need to email us 14 times over a $4 sale then you need to stick to supporting your local bike shop. But seeing as we like bike shops please shop Performance I'll even find you the latest coupon.

    Here's the facts: wadaminute placed a $4 order at 9:37 AM on 1/9/2007 for a Ritchey bottom bracket spindle, yes the same ones that all the other mail order companies charge like $12 to $15 or even more for. No big deal we sell stuff for crazy low prices all the time. His order shipped out right away via AIR not UPS ground like the other guys and an email was automatically generated with tracking numbers. wadaminute then proceeded to email us every few hours for a total of 14 times many of his email were just digs, insults, and plain old rude so of course they did not merit a response. Personally I like to ride my bike rather than be stuck in front of a computer. wadaminute either is lonely and needs a pen pal or maybe a girl friend, and sorry the profit on a $4 sale doesn't buy a whole lot of communication. Besides his package was delivered at 9:50 AM on 01/12/2007 that is exactly 3 days to his door for regular shipping that cost only $5.90.

    On another note yes our shopping cart requires cookies for functionality that is why it works so darn good. Probably one one the easiest and most intuitive shopping carts out there. Try it you'll like it, use coupon "10on50" and get $10 OFF your purchase of $50 or more, That's 20%! Hurry expires soon! www.ICYCLESUSA.com

    Yes Be Aware of our great deals, fast shipping, and easy to navigate website! But if you are a whiner please shop Performance!
    www.ICYCLESUSA.com

    Big ouch. I would have thought an organized, well-known, online retailer would be much more professional than this. Guess I was wrong.

    I do not know the specific circumstances of the emails between wadaminute and Icycyles. But the "14 emails" would probably because the earlier emails weren't being responded. Perhaps the autogenerated email with tracking number didn't reach the customer? (yeah, internet email system isn't 100% guarantee, I can assure you that.) What I know is I'd be worry, too, if I really needed the part badly and I'm left in the dark not knowing where my order is. A simple response to one of the email with the tracking number or simple saying that it's shipped AIR on some date with a tracking number (if available) would surely end the emails and saving wadaminute the worries. I don't see why a response to tell a customer to go else where because $4 order doesn't worth the retailer's time is appropriate. And if that's the business model ICYCLES follows, it should have prevented anyone from placing online order of such low value to begin with... say a minimum order limit of $20 or whatever amount is deemed 'worth the time'? Then it'll be clear to the customer not to waste ICYCLES time on such small value order.

    And yes, I do shop Performance... and Jenson, Nashbar, etc. I do get my questions answered pretty quickly with them and they never left me in the dark. The $4 order that didn't worth ICYCLES time is going to preventing me from shopping there, ever. I'm just surprised how this can be call customer service.

  12. #12
    back in the saddle!
    Reputation: rumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by ICYCLES

    is lonely and needs a pen pal or maybe a girl friend, and sorry the profit on a $4 sale doesn't buy a whole lot of communication.

    But if you are a whiner please shop Performance!
    with an attitude like that, I don't think icycles will be around very long
    I can't believe a retailer would have that kind of attitude, especially on a public forum!

    The customer service on that $4 part could very well lead to hundreds or thousands in future sales. Now, by word of mouth, from wadaminute, and "sealed" by you, you will never see me as a future customer and I would guess many other people also.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    428
    Um why doesnt everyone put themselves in icycles shoes and think how they would feel after 14 emails in 2 days. I know i dont check my email more then twice a day if that, if i got 7 emails from one guy asking the same thing i would be ticked off...

  14. #14
    banned
    Reputation: 29Colossus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,163
    Quote Originally Posted by ICYCLES
    First of all if you are so paranoid you need to email us 14 times over a $4 sale then you need to stick to supporting your local bike shop. But seeing as we like bike shops please shop Performance I'll even find you the latest coupon.

    Here's the facts: wadaminute placed a $4 order at 9:37 AM on 1/9/2007 for a Ritchey bottom bracket spindle, yes the same ones that all the other mail order companies charge like $12 to $15 or even more for. No big deal we sell stuff for crazy low prices all the time. His order shipped out right away via AIR not UPS ground like the other guys and an email was automatically generated with tracking numbers. wadaminute then proceeded to email us every few hours for a total of 14 times many of his email were just digs, insults, and plain old rude so of course they did not merit a response. Personally I like to ride my bike rather than be stuck in front of a computer. wadaminute either is lonely and needs a pen pal or maybe a girl friend, and sorry the profit on a $4 sale doesn't buy a whole lot of communication. Besides his package was delivered at 9:50 AM on 01/12/2007 that is exactly 3 days to his door for regular shipping that cost only $5.90.

    On another note yes our shopping cart requires cookies for functionality that is why it works so darn good. Probably one one the easiest and most intuitive shopping carts out there. Try it you'll like it, use coupon "10on50" and get $10 OFF your purchase of $50 or more, That's 20%! Hurry expires soon! www.ICYCLESUSA.com

    Yes Be Aware of our great deals, fast shipping, and easy to navigate website! But if you are a whiner please shop Performance!
    www.ICYCLESUSA.com
    Way to go jackhole. No wonder I have your crap blocked. I must have been able to smell your poor attitude and disdain for customers over my internet connection.

    I will make certain that ANYONE I come into contact with has NOTHING to do with ICYCLES. I'm probably going to have some stickers and t-shirts made describing my opinions of your pathetic excuse of a business.

    I can't believe you own ICYCLES. I would be more inclined to believe that you sweep the floors. Do you own ICYCLES, or are you just an employee? What is the owners name. I think if you are not the owner, then the owner needs to know about your behavior.



    I have a feeling that someone is going to pay dearly for the error in their ways, and that payment is going to begin costing immediately.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    155
    I agree with Icycles response; they're people too. Customers can be way too demanding, and need to be a bit more understanding of what it takes to run a business. I doubt icycles made $1, and I think wadaminute shouldn't expect $20-$40 of time for what he's invested.

    Too many young people here try to take advantage of the forums to dog businesses and then whine when the facts are revealed.

  16. #16
    banned
    Reputation: 29Colossus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox787
    Um why doesnt everyone put themselves in icycles shoes and think how they would feel after 14 emails in 2 days. I know i dont check my email more then twice a day if that, if i got 7 emails from one guy asking the same thing i would be ticked off...
    OMFG! 14 emails! I bet it was just a travesty... ohhhh the stress... 14? How on Earth could they be dealt with!? ALL 14? 14!!!! OHHHHH! I'm running a business and I have a repeat email offender! I can't imagine how I would deal with that. I would probably do what you would do... "get pissed off". Then I would reply like an ASS.

    That is pure crap. You know that don't you? It is pretty clear you don't own a customer service based business.



    Jesus on a long stick, tuck your skirt in wimply. It is called, "CUSTOMER SERVICE". LEARN IT!

    ICYCLES will lose thousands of dollars for this idiocy. They already have.


  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation: 29Colossus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,163
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong
    I agree with Icycles response; they're people too. Customers can be way too demanding, and need to be a bit more understanding of what it takes to run a business. I doubt icycles made $1, and I think wadaminute shouldn't expect $20-$40 of time for what he's invested.

    Too many young people here try to take advantage of the forums to dog businesses and then whine when the facts are revealed.
    Are you on crack cocaine?



    Icycles are NOT people too. ICYCLES is a BUSINESS.

    Customers DO NOT need to know what it takes to do ANYTHING regarding ANY business. That is absurd.

    And then you complain that he didn't spend enough money?

    I can't believe this....

    Spend a dollar today. Spend a thousand dollars tomorrow.

    Do you not get that simple business concept? Do you not understand that you are practically REQUIRED to treat all customers with respect no matter what their sales receipt says on one single sale? 14 emails, and this guy goes ass? Buck up sonny. Use some business skill and handle the customer service situation. Do it for the business. Do it for the return business. Do it to stay IN business. Do it to avoid these type of forum posts that cost in ways that you will never know when you are shutting your site down and closing the doors of a failed business.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    697
    29C...not sure what I like more, your avatar or your posts...both priceless...and at time, haunting....

    Trying to b*tch slap your customer in a public forum is simply bad form. As for their stock....sell, sell, sell! Thinking icycles is the Rosie O'Donnell is this deal

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    26

    I support icycles

    I have absolutely no problem with icycles expressing themselves in this forum with the same attitude that the complainant used. In fact it is refreshing to see a response as strong as icycles. Perhaps if more of the vendors took this approach, some of the tribal wisdom that pervades these forums would be removed.

  20. #20
    anyone else smell that?
    Reputation: jgsatl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,318
    by insulting their customers in a public forum and then justifying it by saying they only made $4?

  21. #21
    banned
    Reputation: 29Colossus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,163
    Quote Originally Posted by jcooper2
    I have absolutely no problem with icycles expressing themselves in this forum with the same attitude that the complainant used. In fact it is refreshing to see a response as strong as icycles. Perhaps if more of the vendors took this approach, some of the tribal wisdom that pervades these forums would be removed.
    Nope... this guy don't own a customer service type of business either.

    There is nothing "refreshing" about bad attitudes from store employees or store owners. There is nothing positive in telling a customer that he is not welcome to shop your cheesy wares... no matter how many silly email he/she sends your business.

    And what is this "tribal wisdom" idiocy you are talking about? Bad business is bad business. It is bad business to tell a potential customer to shop elsewhere because you can't handle some emails or some attitude. It is bad business to ignore customers emails out of simple and petty arrogance. It is bad business to continue your bad business online as has been done here. "Tribal wisdom"? Hardly. This is simple common sense in business. COMMON SENSE.

    Who is this guy with "ICYCLES" as his name anyway? Does he own ICYCLES? I don't think he does. If he does, he will be out of business soon, or fired soon because I am going to find out who owns the company, and inform him or her about their nasty employee. If this jackhole is the owner, or the owner doesn't care, then I will take other measures to make sure his bad business suffers from his bad attitude and horrible customer relations.

    Now that is what should be "refreshing", but not to you.

    1 dollar or 4 dollars... 1 email or 14 emails... You don't whine like a little sack of screaming maggots ostracizing and offending your customer, you HANDLE THE SITUATION positively.

    This does NOT include ignoring emails.

    This does NOT include smarmy replies.

    This does NOT include response that drives the customer away.

    This does NOT include carrying on with your bad attitude and decision on the Internet.

    This does NOT include your ridiculous and horribly immature response to a SIMPLE customer issue.

    You obviously have no clue what it DOES include.

    I could go on and on, but you wouldn't care, you think an ahole business is refreshing.



    If you own a business, I suggest you keep the name and type of it secret. It would not be a positive business and I am sure customer would be subject to abusing practice.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    155
    29C, I'm certain I know more about business than you.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    155
    29C, why are you so bent out of shape? You write too much. Do something else. This didn't even involve you, and you've obviously shown how little else you have to do with your time. Is this your moment to avenge the poor poor internet shopper? Are you a real Polit Correct guy in your daily life?

  24. #24
    banned
    Reputation: 29Colossus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,163
    OK buddy. Let me tell you something. If you ever post here again under that name, I will inform your boss about how you treat customers. I have saved your posts for example. I will give you ONE chance to come into this post and APOLOGIZE to the original poster and to everyone here under this "ICYCLES" handle.

    ONE chance. I will not tolerate ANY discussion or terms. You come here, and you apologize, and then you shut up. If you do that, I will do the same. If you don't, I will do EVERYTHING possible in my power as a customer to make sure you don't sell another part at ICYCLES.

    You don't own ICYCLES. You are nothing to them but a burden and a mistake at this point. I am doing you AND them a favor. You now have a chance to learn from your pathetic and disrespectful mistakes and behavior. If you value your job, I suggest you heed my warning and contribute how you know I want you to contribute, and how you know you should contribute.

    Also, if there is no response to this post, I will forward it to the proprietor of ICYCLES as well with your posts and behavior attached.

    The customer DOES NOT have to put up with your attitude, and your BOSS does not have to put up with your attitude. I am pretty sure he would be VERY interested in what you have displayed here in the name of his company and hard work.

    Make your choice and make it quickly. I am eager and will force direction soon.

  25. #25
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,171
    One look at icycles website was enough for me to use the back button... what a pile of S**IT. As for the ICYCLES flaming a customer in a public forum.... its obvious that your the one that needs a penpal or boyfriend.. get a life mate... and try it rise above it. I think he got more than his $4.00 now.

    Oh well another online shop bites the dust.... thank god for chain reaction cyles


    Meh! thank god for choice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •