mtbr member
    Mar 2004

New question here. Best source for Lighting systems??

Can anyone recommend a good source for lighting systems. I am looking for something to put on my helmet. NiteRider and such. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by raegeno
    Can anyone recommend a good source for lighting systems. I am looking for something to put on my helmet. NiteRider and such. Thanks in advance.
    CK out universalcycles.com

meow
    I bought 2 Niterider HID's on ebay, brand new for around $270.00 each. Check out the bidding and be patient.

Klein sits on shelf now..

I would look for lights and motion.

They came out with a new battery this year for their HID so you can find good deals on teh old system. I think I have seen them fo sub-300 at supergo.

Just an opinion but I think L&M makes a superior light.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AdroitBreaker
    They came out with a new battery this year for their HID so you can find good deals on teh old system. I think I have seen them fo sub-300 at supergo.

Just an opinion but I think L&M makes a superior light.
    And I just bought the L&M Arc for $300, including tax and shipping from Performance, when you use the 20% coupon code in one of the below topics.

Kam
    A hopped on pop.

lume lighting direct...

lume is still having their sale, thru the mtbr hot deals section on the homepage. i have a lume strada...just damm awesome. can't use it as much as i'd like though. i usually ride solo 100% of the time and my wife doesn't want me out at night solo with all this mtn lion cr@p.

read the reviews for the lume strada (hid) and the vado (xenon, no reviews though i am sure it's good too). also, jet is having a sale on the i6 bar set up...they make really good stuff.

the lume systems are bar or helmet compatible right out of the box. be sure to specify if you want a flood (narrow beam, best suited for helmet use) or wide beam (good for bar mount) if you chose to go with lume.

cheers!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

check the light off reviews

Hi there,

I have had craploads of lights. I currently have 3 systems running, one of which was created from the corpse of an older system. If you check the shine off article on this site, you will see for yourself that the Light and Motion ARC system is by far the superior HID system. As for the non-HID systems, the older light off artice shows that the JET lights far outshine the rest. My experience with JET has been good, and their system has proven itself time and time again...