mtbr member

Best Place to buy Park Tools?

I'm looking for a cheap place to buy Park Tools. I need a DAG-2, but I hate to drop $60 for this tool that I won't use very frequently. Of course I also hate to drop my bike off for 2 weeks to get the derrailuer hanger adjusted even more.

I would also like to get a crown race puller.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR1
    I'm looking for a cheap place to buy Park Tools. I need a DAG-2, but I hate to drop $60 for this tool that I won't use very frequently. Of course I also hate to drop my bike off for 2 weeks to get the derrailuer hanger adjusted even more.

I would also like to get a crown race puller.
    I don't think you are going to get a DAG-2 for much under $60, unless you can find some great coupon offer for an online dealer. Pricepoint currently has the best price at $56.98.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

29 some of the time...
    Odd as it may sound you may be best off at your local shop. Maybe even talk to the owner/manager and indicate that you are looking to pick up several park tools and would like a "good customer" or "bro-discount". If you are a familiar face this tactic might shave 10-15% off the retail price, which is pretty much what most online sites sell it for anyhow and then they add shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I use the cheap one from Nashbar. It is less than 20 bucks and will pull them off without messing up your fork. It is the screw in vice type that has sharp edges that will get under and lift the race off. Once you get it partially off, you can turn it over and hit with a hammer and off it comes with no damage. As infrequently as you use it, this one works great. .

Xtreme Lounger
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    I don't think you are going to get a DAG-2 for much under $60, unless you can find some great coupon offer for an online dealer. Pricepoint currently has the best price at $56.98.
    Jenson has the DAG-2 for $57.95 with FREE shipping.

Xtreme Lounger
    Oh, you were looking for a crown race puller too.

Well, Jenson has the CRP-1 at $119.95 with FREE shipping. I'm all about using the right tool for the right job ... and at $119.95 ... a hammer and screwdriver are definitely the right tools for the job.