mtbr member

Best deals on Elixir pads??

Not looking for organic. Here's the best deal I could find so far...

Amazon.com: Avid Elixir Disc Brake Metal Pads with Steel (Back): Sports & Outdoors

19.80 for one set. Can anyone do better? Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have ordered from this seller on Ebay with good results. Fit was perfect and he has all types of different options and half the price.
    2 PR TruckerCo Alloy High Performance Disc Brake Pads Avid Elixir Elixer XX XO 9 | eBay

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    I have ordered from this seller on Ebay with good results. Fit was perfect and he has all types of different options and half the price.
    2 PR TruckerCo Alloy High Performance Disc Brake Pads Avid Elixir Elixer XX XO 9 | eBay

I also went this route , got 4 sets for about the same price the avid would have cost for 1 set. Have had zero issues.

X4 PR TruckerCo s High Performance Disc Brake Pads Avid Elixir Elixer 7 5 3 1 | eBay
    TEX

mtbr member
    I bought Serfas pads on Jenson for like $8.

I don't recall if they were organic or not, I haven't used them yet.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2
    2013 Trek Stache 8
    2011 Giant Defy Advanced 0

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    So how is the modulation/power?

Quote Originally Posted by texas View Post
    I also went this route , got 4 sets for about the same price the avid would have cost for 1 set. Have had zero issues.

X4 PR TruckerCo s High Performance Disc Brake Pads Avid Elixir Elixer 7 5 3 1 | eBay

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by epiphreddy View Post
    So how is the modulation/power?
    I don't notice any difference in modulation/power from the OEM pads. That's not to say there is no difference, only that if there is it isn't enough difference for me to notice.
    TEX

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    I'm using their HP pads in my Juicy Ultimates, and they did improve braking (original pads are organic though), but, I had to file the backing plates a fair bit to stop them from binding.