Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Best deal on SLX brakes?

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  bigkat273 
#1 ·
I'm seeing SLX brake sets for about $140 on ebay (new, no rotors).

Is that about the best deal I'll find on these? BlueSky has them for $160 and CRC has them for $140 WITH rotors but the rotors are centerlock. I need 6-bolt. I could buy them from CRC and sell the centerlocks but I'm hoping one of you experts has found a better deal.

#3 ·
Did you really need to start ANOTHER SLX brakes thread?

REALLY?
Considering I went back through this forum three months, and considering the only post re: SLX brakes I found was three weeks old and considering that deals change daily, yes, I needed to start another SLX thread.

The real question is that if you are that upset about SLX threads, why did you open one?

#4 ·
I also happen to be shopping around for a new set of brakes. CRC seems to be the best deal right now. But with the current $15 off deal on purchases over $145, a set of XT brakes would only be $15 more than SLX. No rotors though. Fyi, you will need to reverse front and rear levers since the euros have them the other way.

#6 ·
best price I've seen is bike-discount.de

cheaper a couple weeks back as Euro has trended better recently, but still get frt/rr full set w ice tech pads for ~$112 usd. only downside is $20 shipping... they do have some great prices on other bits as well - and shipping is flat rate unless oversized

fyi - for $23 more you get full xt set... not that you get much if anything better in capability - but it is XT - HA

#7 ·
When I ordered my XT's from crc I could choose which side the front and rear is before ordering.

One thing about the pads, the XT came with ice tech pads and I put one set in the front Deore's on my Heckler and they seem to do a good job of keeping the heat from the caliper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.