mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Best Deal on Oakleys....

This may be a tough one, but where is the best place to pick up Oakley radar and extra lenses? Cheap or free shipping would even be a good plus.

One Gear
    Good luck!!! I searched until I was cross eyed and couldn't find jack for a good deal. Anything on sale was for a ridiculous color, and certainly never black. I ended up at the mall in the Oakley store for the Flack Jackets that I was looking for. Oakley has a strong grip on the pricing.

Extra Crispy
    I swallowed my pride and paid full price for my Flak Jackets at the mall. It hurt, but hey, came with a free hard case and polarized lenses that cost an exorbitant amount of money by themselves.

Sometimes steepandcheap.com has Oakleys, but I don't think they're in the style you want.

You know my steez...
    Oakleys NEVER go on sale unless they are closeout models (good luck finding some).
    BUT you can go to an Oakley Vault (their factory outlet store) and pick-up discontinued models for a little less.
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Find a friend or sweet talk someone that works at a sunglasses store. I was able to score 30% off a pair at sunglass hut using a "friends and family" coupon my friend had from working there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    what about ebay?

MarkyMark
    I was looking for a good deal on the Radar's as well, but couldn't find anything. About 1-2 weeks ago ParagonSports.com was having sale on Oakleys (not the Radars) and I ordered up a set of the Flak Jacket XLJs w/3 lenses for $140 shipped. I rode with them this weekend and I think they were way better than my Rudy Project Rydons. They didn't fog up at all and sweat just slipped off the lenses so they didn't pick up as much dirt.

The Radars and Flak Jackets share the same coating so you're going to love them.

Quote Originally Posted by spepic
    This may be a tough one, but where is the best place to pick up Oakley radar and extra lenses? Cheap or free shipping would even be a good plus.

flow where ever you go
    I'll sell you mine. They are mint. Oakley Radar Path Jet Blk w/G30 Vented. They have only been used a few times, have the best lens for mountain biking, and have the case, cloth, .... My face can't pull them off. They are comfortable but look a bit funny on me so I prefer a pair of Costa Del Mars I have.

PM me if you are interested. It will save me an Ebay listing.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i just snagged some polarized jawbones off ebay for 150 shipped. extra lenses, hard case, and cloths included.

if you're patient you can get a good deal off ebay.

the friend who works at a oakley dealer works too. they get 30% off at any time. and 50% off 5 pairs every 6 months or so.

mtbr member
    Agreed that ebay is your best bet. Some good deals on there if you look.
    Join IMBA!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    problem with ebay is how do you know they are not fake?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfoxy76
    problem with ebay is how do you know they are not fake?
    When I buy on ebay I just make sure it is from someone with a 99%-100% feedback rating and a high feedback count.

I have always had great luck on there but I do know that you have to be careful.
    Join IMBA!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    i done the same thing and still got burned in the past.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    A very limited selection, but pricing is about 50% off at Oakley's government sales site, usstandardissue.com . Of course, you need to qualify to order. From their site:
    The Oakley Military and Government Sales program is for active duty military, reserve, all government employees including local police, fire, EMS and those holding military/government retiree credentials.

xls
    Eduardo Naranja
    REI 20% off sometimes doesn't exclude Oakleys. I bought mine there. Choices were pretty limited but you could buy / order several pairs, try them on, then apply 20% off to the pair you want to keep.

dude
    If you are military or gov't employee (including contractors) and you don't mind black, you can use Oakley's US Standard Issue program. Most items are roughly half price. I don't think that the radars are available, however plenty others are.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturne1
    A very limited selection, but pricing is about 50% off at Oakley's government sales site, usstandardissue.com . Of course, you need to qualify to order. From their site:
    The Oakley Military and Government Sales program is for active duty military, reserve, all government employees including local police, fire, EMS and those holding military/government retiree credentials.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoedotorg
    If you are military or gov't employee (including contractors) and you don't mind black, you can use Oakley's US Standard Issue program. Most items are roughly half price. I don't think that the radars are available, however plenty others are.
    Great suggestion!

mtbr member

I have a factory store in town, what do you want?

I can run by and see what they have. They often have more than 50% off closeouts that are perfect.
    germs, needles, milk, death, snakes, mushrooms, heights, crowds, elevators

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Been looking for deals on radars for quite some time without much luck. And today my wife's best friend heard me talking about it and gave me her FF coupon--she works at sunglass hut. Best part is that they have a sunglass hut at the resort I'm staying at in Puerto Rico. I got a pair for $116 out the door. Maybe with this recession Oakley will run 70% off sales pretty soon. :-)

Extra Crispy
    Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle707
    Been looking for deals on radars for quite some time without much luck. And today my wife's best friend heard me talking about it and gave me her FF coupon--she works at sunglass hut. Best part is that they have a sunglass hut at the resort I'm staying at in Puerto Rico. I got a pair for $116 out the door. Maybe with this recession Oakley will run 70% off sales pretty soon. :-)
    I would cry tears of joy. I've been wanting a pair of wire frames for wearing around town, but they're cost prohibitive when I need parts for my bike. Bike comes before looks sometimes.
    Now with eggs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    If you are ever in Park City Utah Oakley has an outlet there that has discounts on a lot of past models (not sure about current models) it is worth a look.

mtbr member
    I went to my local Oakley store this weekend and they had a 20% off everything sale. It included all sunglasses.

Unfortunately I wear glasses so I couldn't pick anything up. If you think Oakley's are expensive, take a look at their prescription sunglasses. Easily triple the price.