mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Best deal for Hadley hubs ?

Hi all,

I am building a new wheel set . Where is the best deal for hadley hubs online ?

Thanks

Ow!
    Well, ebay for used. All my Hadley hubs are used from ebay.

But, if want new, then I have seen them at Treefort, Bike Bling, Balle Racing, and Universal. All pretty much the same price except for the occasional sale and shipping offers. Seems like Balle and Universal may have the best selection, but it can be difficult to get exactly what you want all the time.

Bike Bling has their 10% off all the time (I think) and Universal always has the 10% (>$100) or 15% (>$300) off.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks a bunch for the info. Any problems with the ebay stuff?

Ow!
    One rear hub had bad shell bearings, which I replaced. It was a good deal even with that problem.

I also bought a complete wheelset, another rear hub, and a front hub. Those were all fine. As always, you are taking more chances going on ebay. Certainly had some great deals mostly, but every once in a while, not as advertised.

mtbr member
    I think that Bike Bling will be your best bet for a new set with their 15off300.
    if you decide to order from them I don't think it's a stock item and will take some time to get to you.
    mine was about 2 weeks and I am about 1 hour away from them...

mtbr member
    I ordered Hadleys from Bike Bling on 6/29 and they just shipped 8/2. I don't think it was necessarily bike blings issue as Hadleys are out of stock everywhere. I did get the 15off300 so it was a good deal.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'd recommend Balle, only because 1) they're fairly close to me, 2) I've spoken to them on the phone and they were super awesome, and 3) they shipped it out same day I ordered. Not much gets better in the mail order world.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    If you do buy off Ebay make sure you get a recent model. They've stopped supporting some of their older hubs but completely support their SDH line.

Ow!
    I would think (hope) that Hadley would continue to support the older hubs, but conversion kits may not always be available over time. Check the Balle Racing site for available conversion kits, etc. Parts for the pre-2002 hubs are still available, but, as time goes by, I would assume that Hadley will stop making those parts. I have a few pre-2002 hubs, and it was easy to get parts (from Balle Racing as I remember). I do not think replacing bearings are a concern, though (generally pick those up anywhere that has cartridge bearings).

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Adim_X View Post
    I ordered Hadleys from Bike Bling on 6/29 and they just shipped 8/2. I don't think it was necessarily bike blings issue as Hadleys are out of stock everywhere. I did get the 15off300 so it was a good deal.
    It's bikebling. They are notorious for selling items that they don't have stocked. In saying that, bikebling has some of the most competitive pricing plus the REALDEAL 10%. So OP, i'm sure you can get them there for the lowest price. But be warned, if you need them soon, look elsewhere.